PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Knont Won't Work

stormwalker22
03-26-2014, 11:22 PM
I have been breeding with a 6IV Ditto holding a Destiny Knot, and the IVS wont pass down like they are supposed to. Can anybody help with why this is happening to me?

macheagle52
03-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Can you give a little more detail as what you mean by they won't pass down like they are supposed to? Do you mean the babies don't have 6 perfect IVs like the ditto does?

LinuxUser
03-27-2014, 05:23 AM
How many ivs do the pokemon end up having? if one parent is 6iv at least 2 perfect ivs should pass down i believe.

Moist Mewtwo
03-27-2014, 05:29 AM
I know exactly why, a lot of people don't realize this- the destiny knot passes down 5 of the 12 total ivs from both of the parents. That doesn't mean different stats mix. There is one for each stat except for the one that will be random. Each stat will randomly be the mother's or father's. That being said, it doesn't matter who holds it. Here is an example for you-
The mom: Att iv-1, def iv-2, sp at- 5, sp def- 15, hp-10, spd-31
The dad: Att iv- 31, def- 8, sp at- 6, sp def- 4, hp- 7, spd- 3
One of them is holding the destiny knot. Now, let's say for ex the speed stats is the one that isn't passed down(it will be random) then the other 5 are. One number will be picked from the 2 for each stat and that will be the iv. It's completely random and each one is seperate. So, for this ex there could be an offspring, the offspring may have the following ivs- Att- 1, def-2, sp at-6, sp def-15, hp-7 sp-28. The attack cam from the mom, def from mom, sp at from dad, sp def from mom, hp from dad, and speed random. Each time u breed them the offspring will have completely different ivs (most likely) because the randomized stat can be any 1 of the 6 and the other 5 may each be passed from mother or father.

Moist Mewtwo
03-27-2014, 05:33 AM
Oh lol! That's you @stormwalker22, I didn't even read the name. That's funny, makes sense now

Layton
03-27-2014, 01:32 PM
When you breed a pokemon with destiny knot, it will pass down up to 5 ivs, and you'll just have to hope that the 6th one passes down naturally. Here are your chances, though, of getting a 6 iv pokemon through breeding:
Two 5iv parents = 1/192 chance at 6ivs
One 5iv and One 6iv parent = 1/92 chance at 6ivs
Two 6iv parents = 1/32 chance at 6 ivs

What I do is simply breed the offspring with the better ivs with the ditto, and keep breeding and switching them out for offspring with better ivs. This always works for me and I end up with normally 5 perfect ivs. I've lucked out once and gotten a 6iv pokemon.
it just takes patience and luck.

Moist Mewtwo
03-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Actually, it will always pass down 5ivs. From both parents. And it never passes down all 6, one will always be randomly generated.
But the chances sound about right, I don feel like thinking.