PDA

View Full Version : Golden Pikachu?

Rico the Lucario
03-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Okay, so here is what happened.
I was at Toys R Us looking for some Skylanders. Got Trap Shadow, Freeze Blade, (not that anyone really cares) but yeah. So I figured I would check out the Pokemon cards while I was there. I didn't realize that in the isle next to me was the Pokemon figures. Though, there was a little, what seemed to me, 5 or 6 year old boy in the isle, crying.
I asked him what was wrong and all that he said was "Daddy won't get this for me...Can you get it for me?" I was broke in many ways. In money and in heart. I wanted to get this little kid this little toy, but I GOT NO MONEYYZZZ.
So, I hesitantly said no.
To my surprise, he was fine. After I said that I will talk to his dad to see if he would get it for him, (Even though there was no way I would do that, I just wanted this little kid to feel better) he said, "That's okay. I'll get it at some point." So then he put it back in a case full of them.
My curiosity got the best of me, and I checked out what he wanted to badly. Apparantly it was a "Pokemon Figure Easter Egg" pack, containting a Takara Tomy figure inside one of those little fake plastic eggs. So, I decided I would ask my dad for one, who said yes. I don't know why he would say no, there only 2 bucks.
So, if any of you remember, last time when Diamond and Pearl came out, for Christmas, they had little Poke Balls filled with a figure and some candy that you could by at KB toys, before they closed down. They skipped it for Black/White and HeartGold/SoulSilver. I guess they brought em back. :D
So I went home, wondering what would be inside. I was thinking either one of the starters, Pikachu, or something crappy like a Bunnelby or Fletchling, since they should be supporting their newest and most expensive things.
The only thing on there was a wrapper, so I took it off. Bassically just a cheap plastic Easter Egg and a figure now.
Opened it up, and to my surprise, a Golden Pikachu lay inside.
WHAAAAAAA.
I remember at Burger King, in the early 2000s, they had those gold cards, where they possibally bringing them back?
Wierdest thing is, I can't find ANY of these packs on Youtube, any websites, and employees don't even know what they are. No one knows of them but me and that little kid....
I'm thinking someone just brought in a case full of em and put them in the Pokemon isle, but why would they do that? They don't get the money. Toys R Us does. So maybe a TRU employee did?
What do you guys think? I mean, it looks like it is pure gold. It feels like it is pure gold. But I really doubt it is pure gold.
I'm gonna take a picture and post it in my album "Me" or whatever it is called, I forget.