PDA

View Full Version : Companion/Partner Pokemon

stormwalker22
03-31-2014, 03:58 AM
I am trying to decide what I want to use as my non-competitive "companion" or partner pokemon. I am trying to decide between Gardevoir, Lucario, Latias, or Manaphy. Which do you guys think I should use?

I want it to be good as a partner, such as Gardevoir is a guardian to their trainer and protects them, Lucario seemed like a cool partner from the movie (lucario and the mystery of mew), Latias is one of the most intelligent pokemon and can communicate with telepathy and understand human speech and take on a human form (not in the game obviously), and Manaphy links on an emotional level with the trainer who hatches it (me) and is really cool with being linked to the people of the water and all that.

I also need it to be decent in battle, as this is the pokemon I will be always using while traveling the world of pokemon. Gardevoir has bad HP and Defence while has great special attack and special defence, Lucario is pretty good in this aspect, Latias has great stats but tons of stuff are super effective against it, and Manaphy has the standard 100 in all base stats.

Just post what you think would be the best, I just can't decide. Also add any other cool stuff you know about these pokemon or anything about them that would make them not as good as a partner pokemon.

Gummayberz
03-31-2014, 04:15 AM
Personally, I have used Gardevoir and Lucario in competitive battling as they have done quite well, in overall varying stats while they each have their advantages and weaknesses. Maybe manaphy is a good partner pokemon :)

Shadow_claw
03-31-2014, 07:49 PM
My personal "companion" has and always will be a Torterra, but I have used Lucario in the past. Lucario would be my personal pick.

fluffyjellyfish
03-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Out of those, i would suggest lucario because the typing makes it quite interesting to just bulldoze through everyone at the battle maison or elite four. Personally my favourite partner pokemon is metagross just because i love steel type pokemon but it's nice to have one that can use special attacks as well as just punching things in the face (which is something metagross does really well with meteor mash)

The Kiwi Dragon
04-01-2014, 07:18 AM
My partner Pokemon is Greninja. He's my competitive companion and is on every one of my teams. :)
If you like Mega Evolutions then Gardevoir and Lucario are good choices but if Legendaries are your thing then any of the others. :)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-01-2014, 10:34 PM
as soon as I read the title I immediately thought about Gardevoir because I always have one with me I love it. So I should vote Gardevoir.... but tbh she's not that great in battle, if you're looking for something really good in battle I'd have to say Lucario. Latias is alright but it's certainly not the better Lati-, and Manaphy is just odd. Mega or not, Lucario is pretty pretty awesome

stormwalker22
04-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Alright, I think now its between Gardevoir and Lucario.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
It also kinda depends. Gardevoir is better as a defensive supporter (even though she's bad at it) while Lucario is purely all-out offensive, so it kinda depends on what you want/how you play

Layton
04-09-2014, 04:44 AM
I can't decide. In Gen 3, I always made sure to have a Gardevoir on my team, and from gen 4 onward, I always wanted Lucario as well. They can actually compliment each other pretty well in battle (In my own experience with them) so why not both? They're both my beautiful babies and I could never choose between them :o

Del
04-13-2014, 11:21 PM
My partner pokemon has always been Absol, I was off the wall happy when it got a mega evolution this gen. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd vote for Lucario as I've not really used Gardevoir much before, but I do wonder why not use both as they seem to be quite compatible?