PDA

View Full Version : Palkia Vs. Dialga

stormwalker22
04-06-2014, 12:28 AM
I am trying to decide which is better, Palkia or Dialga. They both have the same base stats.

Palkia has better speed by 10, Dialga has better HP by 10.
Palkia has better Sp. Def by 20, Dialga has better Defense by 20.
They have the same Attack and Sp. Atk

Dialga has a ton of resistances although both fighting and ground are super effective which are commonly used (aura sphere or earthquake for example).
Palkia has almost no resistances while only dragon and fairy are super effective and fairy attack moves are hardly used in battle.

Palkia's Spacial Rend is less powerful but still very strong and doesn't have a recharge turn and has more accuracy.
Dialga's Roar of Time is stronger but has a recharge turn and slightly less accuracy.
(In two turns Palkia would do 200 damage over time while Dialga would only do 150 but all done in the first turn so if it kills at once then Dialga's move would be better but if it takes multiple attacks then Palkia's move would be better.

Add anything I missed and say which you think is better.

macheagle52
04-06-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm not into battling with ubers much so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I would lean towards dialga being a little better. I say that because I've heard that xerneas is really common in uber battles and dialga is one of the few uber steel types that can resist xerneas and threaten to ko him. I almost never use moves that require recharge turns for the sole reason that your opponent gets a free turn to do whatever they want.

In short-I'd say dialga is better but I've heard palkia is good as well.

stormwalker22
04-06-2014, 02:18 AM
This isn't for competitive battling, just normal gameplay.

macheagle52
04-06-2014, 02:39 AM
For normal gameplay you can use whatever you want and still wreck face. In that case, I'd take palkia cause I like his design better

Gummayberz
04-06-2014, 06:24 PM
It really depends on what you're looking for because Palkia and Dialga are good in their own different ways. Dialga itself has great amounts of defense, lower speed, but more HP, and makes sweeping a little easier on the team. SO, he is basically a huge tank. On the other hand, Palkia is a little bit faster, has not as much "tank" but can triumph with his Spacial Rend compared to Dialga's Roar of Time, and is seen more as a mixed sweeper with good typing of mainly one weakness. But this also means he can't survive as long and is mainly used for hitting huge power towards its' enemy. Dialga isn't very fast but is capable of taking more hits and does what Palkia can't. SO in a nutshell they aren't comparable.

If you want huge power, it's Palkia. But if you're all about defense and want to survive longer to wear out the enemy, it's Dialga.

Gummayberz
04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
But then I saw it's not for comp battling so never mind xD I personally like Dialga cuz he's got that blue shine going on