PDA

View Full Version : WONDER TRADE! Worst place ever. For being kind.

Eric Cartman
04-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,
So this thread is for your wonder trading experiences.
Honestly, I am getting sick of it.
So normal times, I trade my breeding rejects, and if the end result is useless pokemon, then I cough it up back to WT, until I get a good one.
New Quotes "Why be kind when people are such jerks on WT? Kindest is for the weakest, and taking advantage of people is the best" Motto a day.

stormwalker22
04-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I have gotten legendaries, kalos born shinies, HAs, and mega stones over WT. I get bad stuff a lot to but in the end I usually get decent things. I give generally give 5IV pokemon with good egg moves or something kinda interesting I found that I don't need so that I don't rip people off.

Eric Cartman
04-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I didn't get Kalos born shinies. Plus, its some random people you don't know, so I don't really care sometimes
Why should I not make new users have a bad experience?

Voltaradragoness
04-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I usually get DW pokemon and egg move pokemon.

Eric Cartman
04-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Nice. Well, people say to be kind to other people in WT. I am those kind of person who gets the best, and gives the worst. Does it matter if I ruin their day? Does it matter if it affects them? I say, if it doesn't affect you the don't care.

Abaddon
04-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I give my breeding and friend safari leftovers to wonder trade. If I get junk pokemon (which is most of the time) I just release them. I figure the wonder trade system is just what you put in it. It just is what it is when people act selfishly by continually throwing common pokemon in the system and take the good ones out. Not saying it is right or wrong or this is what you should or shouldn't do, just that if you like receiving cool stuff from wonder trade then you should encourage people to continue to put them in there by doing the same yourself.

NightmareRageMonster
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
I hate wonder trade,i gave a really good pokemon(cant remember what) and god a japanese rhyhorn.sounds cool right? WRONG!! IT WAS LEVEL ONE AND ONLY KNEW TACKLE AND GROWL!!!!!!

NightmareRageMonster
04-11-2014, 06:28 PM
At least i got a chespin though,from wonder trade.its now a quiladian.

stormwalker22
04-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Yah, its people who give common/bad pokemon over wondertrade that ruins it. If it wasn't for people like them it would be an amazing feature. I still like it, but it has more potential if only more people had a sense of decency.

Calypsio
04-12-2014, 05:20 AM
I often give out togpeis and version exclusive pokemon on wonder trade, yet I always get bidoofs and dunsparces. Not once have I ever gotten a shiny, a legendary or anything over level 1 that wasn't just caught for the dex and then thrown away.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2014, 06:27 AM
I lost my decency for wonder trade after that. I really don't care about encouraging people honestly. I use wondertrade to get the wonderful things. I prefer to get than give though. I mean who cares right? It is just some random people you meet. You have to take advantage of the random people you meet. Minimizing the risk and maximizing the reward.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2014, 06:29 AM
It's better to encourage people to give good stuff, but give them useless stuff.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2014, 06:29 AM
And P.S. I am a fair man. I don't think like that when trading with friends. POKEBAY friends

starlightpichu
04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
I haven't got anything good on it , but sent out my zygarde and 2 shinies . Worth it for japenese ditto.

sosavles
04-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Lagomorph, I order you to be nice on Wonder Trade. I know you're evil and all but c'mon, a Nonary Game is more than enough suffering for everyone.

stormwalker22
04-12-2014, 01:21 PM
I kinda understand people giving away random stuff now because you can't get much good anymore, but it was those people who abused it in the beginning and started it that really created an endless loop. Oh well, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

Eric Cartman
04-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh. Lol, you play vlr too?

Eric Cartman
04-12-2014, 02:18 PM
But, but radical-6 isn't gone! The Ambidex Edition must go on!

Gummayberz
04-12-2014, 07:28 PM
On a side note, breeders who have alot of left-over pokemon tend to trade it through WT so maybe one day being nice will pay off? :/ I usually always like to send pokemon back, even in their final evo stage, so maybe the next person can get something good :P But i think everyone's gotta have that period where WT is like a disposal cycling for them. Though they're just pokemon, but can't help but feel kinda sorry for 'em :/

Faerie
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
I've always wondered if some people just restart their game, and as soon as they start catching Pokémon, just start shipping them to someone else over the WT system just so they can get better stuff to start fighting with from the beginning. Especially since, when I try wonder trading, a LOT of what I see is just the low-level Pokémon that are found on the first 2 routes or in the forest.

I prefer to be fair... and to be fair, I try to trade only decent Pokémon: Starters (preferably something that I've bred with decent egg moves and/or IV's) and ones limited to only one version of the game being my specialties.

Eric Cartman
04-16-2014, 09:44 PM
To be honest, I trade whatever I have, breeding rejects and such. However, I do cough some stuff back to WT.

VictiniBlastDP
04-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Depends on Wonder Trade, if you Trade a Pidgey, you'll probably get a Luvdisc/Froakie/Pidgey/Pansear etc for that particular Pokemon, might get lucky, also, the more you trade that are reasonable, more opportunity to obtain a decent Pokemon, basically similar to the Lottery, can get something bad or something good. I have received a Shiny Terrakion, Shiny Raikou and allsorts, but I have traded a fair bunch of shinnies over Wonder Trade, even a Level.100 Shiny Dragonite.

Shadow_claw
04-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I've gotten some great stuff from Wonder Trade and try to send out good pokemon. I've gotten a shiny Garchomp and a shiny Rayquaza. Those two have to be the best I've gotten.

0pinion
04-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I've gotten a few 4 and 5IV Pokes from WT, no shinies or legendary though, but getting decent pokemon to start breeding with isn't bad, because a lot of people throw out their close to perfect but not perfect pokemon. I usually put in pokemon with a few egg moves and at least 3+ IVs, if not I usually just release them

LookingForLegends
04-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Best I've got is Archen (twice). Also had Honedge x3 and multiple Zigzagoons :|

I only got the game (X) last week so I haven't done much yet but I try to give away half decent Pokemon like Lunatone instead of Zigza-f******goon! I will however put rubbish I get straight back up for trade until I get something I need.

LookingForLegends
04-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Just done some wonder trades. I had Gurdurr to start with.

Traded Gurdurr for Gyarydos
Traded Gyarydos for Porygon

Think I'll keep that!

Itachi
04-21-2014, 12:59 PM
I got 2 shinys off wondertrade :P A Kyogre and a Snivy Guess I got lucky

Pikachu Belle
04-21-2014, 03:53 PM
I got a shiny Mesprit and a Mewtwo on my game. Both at the beginning of my game. I wondertraded them off and got a Tyrunt and a Litwick for them d: I personally love WT. If I ever get a common low levelled Pokemon I release it and I don't WT it off.

Rico the Lucario
04-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Personally, I love WT. I got so many helpful things off of that. Heck, I probably wouldn't have half the good Pokemon I do now if it wasn't for that.
I can't say I got SUPER AWESOME AND AMAZING Pokemon off of that, like a Shiny Rayquaza or Something, but I did manage to get a Shiny Froakie (Now a Level 100 Shiny Greninja :P )
And yes, I have had my moments. I trade away a shiny Charmander I cloned and get a Magikarp in return, but what the heck. Ever since a huge incodent, I try to stay positive and be nice to everyone. FREE SHINY CHARMANDERS! Haha jk, jk.
Would I say I'm always lucky? Ha, no. Shiny Charmander trade is a great example. But the way I look at it is if you do something good, not expecting anything in return, something even better will come your way, possibally entirely unrelated. (The next week I got my Shiny Froakie and a little somethin' special in school ;) )
As for the people who give away bad stuff expecting good stuff, they are just no different from the noobs who go to toy stores, buy all of the toys the little children are begging their parents to get, and sell them online for tripple the price...Hopefully they learn eventually. :P

Eric Cartman
04-22-2014, 08:39 AM
I got a shiny charmender on wonder trade, but it came from Gen 5, and has 6 Max IVs. The ID is 33333...

Rico the Lucario
04-23-2014, 01:19 AM
I got a shiny charmender on wonder trade, but it came from Gen 5, and has 6 Max IVs. The ID is 33333...
Haha, seems legit. ;)

Eric Cartman
04-23-2014, 06:21 AM
Man, I wish they don't trade hackemons...

Katarina
04-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Wonder trade isn't all that bad. A lot of people send out their breeding rejects, too. I haven't gotten legendaries xD but just yesterday I got a shiny bergmite. I've gotten a shiny lvl 100 kangaskhan, frillish, and spritzee. I've also gotten a lot of HA pkmn and a lot of 5IV ones. before pokebank came out in the USA, i used it a lot to get the ones i didn't have.
Then again, i have more patience for Wonder trade. Whenever i get a weedle or pidgey or something stupid like that, i keep it and release it from the game all together, and do my part to try to help xD some people just have more luck on it than others. Like with breeding shinies and seeing them. Some people never see wild ones, but can breed dozens or vice versa :p

Basel
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I personally love Wonder Trade. Most of the time i get starters, now i got 3 charmanders, 2 mudkips, a bubasaur and much more although no shiny. Of course i get the occasional trade of Magikarp and pidgey, but what i love most about it is that the when you trade a pokemon to some person he appears in your acquaintance list then you can battle him and get the option to become friends whereas in online free battle they don't appear in the list.

Basel
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Getting back on topic i once received a Graveler from wonder trade and almost immediately as i got it, it evolved to Golem then it hit me that he can only evolve if traded, so i decided to go capture a bunch of Gravelers in a cave then trade it in wonder trade so that the person receiving it will also get that nice feeling when it starts to evolve... although i do nickname my Gravelers funny nicknames( that i thought were funny in my opinion) such if i could remember,WreckingBall, YOMAMA:p, and some Magikarps nicknamed Useless, just for the laughs as cruel as it might sound.

LookingForLegends
04-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Getting back on topic i once received a Graveler from wonder trade and almost immediately as i got it, it evolved to Golem then it hit me that he can only evolve if traded, so i decided to go capture a bunch of Gravelers in a cave then trade it in wonder trade so that the person receiving it will also get that nice feeling when it starts to evolve... although i do nickname my Gravelers funny nicknames( that i thought were funny in my opinion) such if i could remember,WreckingBall, YOMAMA:p, and some Magikarps nicknamed Useless, just for the laughs as cruel as it might sound.

I gave someone a Graveler earlier. It was too late by the time I realised it was holding an everstone :o

Sayarendonia
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
My experiences vary. I've had very bad, and I've had very good.
For instance, one night I was wondertrading off some pokemon I'd bred that weren't common/still aren't common, and I got a freaking Ho-oh. I about crapped myself!
So the next night, I bred some more pokemon to wondertrade and I got a Tornadus! O.o
Haven't gotten any more legendaries, but getting those 2 through wondertrade made me feel really good and it made me really want to improve it. If I get a really crappy pokemon like bunnelby or a furfrou (because no one seems to want those) I release them so they're not stuck in pokemon purgatory.
Just my two cents.

LookingForLegends
04-26-2014, 03:20 PM
This morning I was trading, retrading and trading again getting rubbish each time, then BOOOOM, Yveltal pops up! First legend I've had on WT.

Faerie
04-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Wow, you guys are lucky. I've NEVER gotten any rare Pokémon from the Wonder Trade! Now and then I might get something that's not available in my game, but never a legend or anything like that.

Eric Cartman
04-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Hm... Maybe we can create a group. "The lost wonder traders." Then we trade bidoofs and useless pokemon that is not useful at all and should be killed by cars so I will laugh at their death then we give them a bad funeral and we stomp on its corpse. Watcha think?

ThePreachingOcelot
04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
I once got a Shiny Nidoking........But it was hacked.

LookingForLegends
05-01-2014, 04:07 PM
After Yveltal the other day I got Mewtwo this morning :)

LookingForLegends
05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
After Yveltal the other day I got Mewtwo this morning :)

And to add to that I've just received a shiny Zigzagoon :)

Babypoke
05-27-2014, 05:02 PM
I havnt gotten any shinies on ther but ive put a legit 6 iv shiny zapdos on there and see who got it