PDA

View Full Version : Pokeradar

stevenhazelwood24
04-30-2014, 10:56 PM
No matter where I'm long grass I go, it doesn't seem to do anything :/ I get told that there's a time and a place :-( I take the necessary steps to reset it too

Shadow_claw
04-30-2014, 11:19 PM
It sounds like bad luck to me. I've never been great with the PokeRadar, but I know it takes a ton of patience. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get a good chain at one point.

0pinion
05-01-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm no master pokeradarer, but I have found some tips that make chaining easier for me at least.

1) always have your sound on when you are chaining, when the patches first shake, you will only hear the loudest patch, after reseting a few times and some practice, you'll start to be able to pick out the sound that means you have a perfect patch.

2) the further the patch the more likely it is to be your pokemon, but I still go in perfect patches less than 4 patches away from me also, as long as it is shaking hard enough, it should always have your pokemon in it

3) pick the optimal patch to stand in to reset your radar each time. I try to have as many patches 4 away as possible when I reset my radar because that means I have the highest probability of a patch 4 away shaking, which should be your pokemon every time.

4) turn battle animations off. It makes the battles go faster, so you can chain faster.

5) set goals. it's hard to just sit down and do a full chain, so I like to do 10 or 20 at a time, then take a break and come back to it.

6) before you start chaining, save your game with your repels on, your radar reset, and in the patch you want to chain in. If you mess up and break your chain, you can soft reset and start over right there, which is a nice little luxury

Besides all of that, just stay calm and be patient, it's not guaranteed to be a shiny pokemon or to be your pokemon in every patch, so take it slow and be cautious which patch you pick.

ThePreachingOcelot
05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Basically, don't use rollerskates or bikes.

ThePreachingOcelot
05-09-2014, 06:36 PM
or it won't work