PDA

View Full Version : Battle help

starlightpichu
05-03-2014, 05:34 PM
I have whole teams planned out worked hours on them,go online and lose . I use whatever pokemon I want yet I still fall to common pokemon all the time. On paper it looks like it covers a good amount of types . Yet, I still have mega-pokemon knocking out 3 pokemon in one battle! Should I just start using more common pokemon?I would have loved to see someone also using rare pokemons .I've been in tons of battles, but only won one though.Any tips on how to use pokemon you love and still win?

Thinein123
05-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Train them yourself. Don't used trades unless you check their stats out. And using legendaries to me just shows you're a coward and can't take the time to train pokemon.

starlightpichu
05-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I usualy use underated pokemon like my profile... I'm realy just glad there are a few people who agree.

Eric Cartman
05-04-2014, 01:55 AM
I do agree that people who use legendaries are like babies that can't play pokemon well. I usually use OU pokemon, but sometimes, if I like it, I use UU pokemon.
Rankings:
Uber
Overused
Under used
Rarely used
Never used.

Maybe this could help you to battle better.

starlightpichu
05-04-2014, 01:57 AM
thanks

The Kiwi Dragon
05-05-2014, 11:26 AM
OK I'm gonna start by saying that I believe the attitudes Zero and Thinein are just wrong. I'm sorry but at the end of the day if a person wishes to use legendaries in a battle by my standards that is acceptable as long as they aren't prohibited for a specific reason like a tournament or whatever, the idea of a specific person being 'a baby at Pokemon' or 'a coward' because they use legendaries in my mind is totally the incorrect mindset to have, as they are as much of a Pokemon fan as anyone else on this planet, and who they put on their team at the end of the day comes down to preference.

Back last year for the 2013 VGC season I used a Zapdos in my team because I liked Zapdos and because it had a major purpose within that team. Does that make me a baby at Pokemon? Well I've been playing Pokemon for most of my life and am regularly ranked within the top 100 VGC players in the the world on Showdown so you can work out the answer. As for being a coward? No, in fact I find that if you use a legendary and can integrate it within a team then I not only find that clever but very bold. The opposite of cowardly in fact. So I'd suggest you two reconsider what you wrote in your comments.

I battle by the age old mantra 'Win using the Pokemon you like'. Now many times I've been frowned upon by members of the public for having a mere Greninja with such comments as 'You stole that Greninja set from Smogon' or 'You're a mindless person who follows others who think Greninja is the greatest Pokemon etc' when actually I built the Greninja set myself and the Greninja family line is my personal favorite Pokemon family of all time because I found the concept of a Ninja Frog undeniably cool and I still do.

In a sense it's a close comparison to what you do Dancemouse. You tend to choose Pokemon you like but you also choose Pokemon that are 'underrated'. And I salute you for having that kind of mindset because I'll be honest with you, there are a lot of people nowadays who just cut and paste their teams from Smogon just because they want to win. I admire trainers who take time to build complex strategies within a team to reach victory and I also admire people who come up with their own team. So remember, originality is a good thing.

As for your team, have you got the optimal EV Training/IV Breeding on them? Are they holding items that will benefit them in battle? Do they have the right natures? Have they got the correct abilities? Have they got the right moves? These are the main questions you want to ask yourself. If yes is your answer then it may just be a spell of bad luck. If no or if you're not sure, then send me a PM, I'll be more than happy to help you fine tune your team if you wish. :)

Best wishes and happy battling!

~TheProf.Nick~

Baby Koga
05-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I agree with Nick. There is no shame in using Legends. Every Pokemon was created for a reason so why not use them? Tbh, I don't use legends that often myself, but that's because my personal preference dictates that I use other Pokemon I genuinely prefer. Also, of you're going by Smogon rules (which I personally dislike, but just choose to ignore it if possible), I'm pretty sure a lot of Pokemon in those categories are legends too.

But back to the main focus here, Dancemouse. I'm so happy to see people like you play for the love of the game, using your fave Pokemon no matter what others think! You can switch to the more "common" Pokemon if you want, but only do it because you want to use those Pokemon. Victory means very little if you don't have fun. I use Sudowoodo, Electabuzz, Butterfree and many more Pokemon that I really like. I'm still getting used to battling in this generation, both last gen, those Pokemon held their ground and often beat Pokemon that people consider "better than them".

It's all about taking the time to learn your fave Pokemons' weaknesses and strengths. How to overcome these weaknesses and play to their strengths. Coming up with new strategies can be few too. When people start using the same 30 pokemon and same 20 moves over again, they're rarely prepared and don't know what to expect when a person brings something new to the game.

If you want to go over some strategies just send me a pm and I'd be delighted to offer some advice. Also check out the group, "Rise Against the Metagame." I think that may just be the place you're looking for.

Best of luck in the future,

Veteran Robin~

LookingForLegends
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't battle online and I can't be bothered to train up perfect Pokemon whilst my main focus is completing my Pokedex but in the Battle Maison I'm having the greatest success with Metagross (Brick Break, Earthquake, Psychic, Meteor Mash), Tyranitar/Mega Tyranitar (Dark Pulse, Ancientpower, Surf, Ice Beam) and Salamence (Dragonbreath, Crunch, Fly, Flamethrower). I need to replace one of the dark moves with a powerful electric move as I've got nothing that's good against a single-type water Pokemon. I also want to replace Dragonbreath with a more powerful dragon move but apart from that it's a good team!

Scooter
05-06-2014, 06:37 PM
LookingForLegends, I honestly think that you need to choose what Dragon type move to switch Dragonbreath out with, and you also should get rid of Crunch from Salamance and (I am not sure if it can -~-) teach it Thunderbolt. I hope this helps, I don't really know what I do in Pokémon, I just know that my Pokémon are strong and I win quite a lot. I do not focus on UU and OU and all that.

mighty tangrowth
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm not a coward for useing legends!

LookingForLegends
05-06-2014, 09:33 PM
LookingForLegends, I honestly think that you need to choose what Dragon type move to switch Dragonbreath out with, and you also should get rid of Crunch from Salamance and (I am not sure if it can -~-) teach it Thunderbolt. I hope this helps, I don't really know what I do in Pokémon, I just know that my Pokémon are strong and I win quite a lot. I do not focus on UU and OU and all that.

Thanks! I'll probably get Outrage or the super dragon move one of the move tutors teaches.

Scooter
05-11-2014, 02:31 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Legends. 1) They are legitimate Pokémon and deserve to be used. 2) If you spent a long time trying to catch it, why not use it? 3) You shouldn't be complaining that it is for noobs because they are OP; if they are noobs, then you should be able to destroy their legends, right?

Shinysora
05-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Battle is all about guess and knowledge. You have to see the pokemon and predict what are they use for and how then you have to think which will come first. last is to make you loss into a win by learning. about the battle and expanding you knowledge. i use my battle that i won as a reminder of my old teams how people with all/ most legendary still lose
TV3G-WWWW-WWW6-T3L8 (legends Vs my shiny)
8CHW-WWWW-WWW6-T3QH
VPEG-WWWW-WWW6-T3Q7
U4ZW-WWWW-WWW6-T3Q3
NLMG-WWWW-WWW6-BTVB
RGPG-WWWW-WWW6-4Y3N
UQVW-WWWW-WWW6-BU2A
44FW-WWWW-WWW6-BU3G