PDA

View Full Version : Help with my team?

Pikachu Belle
05-04-2014, 09:01 AM
So I've only recently gotten into battling and I've been training a team to see if its ok.

I'd really like some feedback (good and bad)
Oh and they're only around level 30 ish atm so they won't have all the desired moves yet.

Pokemon: Munna
Nature: Calm
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Shadow Ball, Yawn, Nightmare and Psyshock
Held Item/Other Info: None

Pokemon: Monferno (only level 30)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Taunt, Flame Charge and Power-Up Punch

Pokemon: Joltik
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Unnerve
Moves: Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt
Held Item/Other Info: 3 flawless IVs in Defense, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def

Pokemon: Magneton
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves: Mirror Shot, Supersonic, Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave

Pokemon: Frillish
Nature: Rash
Ability: Cursed Body
Moves: Scald, Ice Beam, Recover and Absorb

Pokemon: Excadrill
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Dig, Slash, Hone Claws and Rock Slide
Held Item/Other Info: 4 flawless IVs in HP, Attack, Sp. Atk and Speed.

The reason why I only know two of the Pokemons IVs is due to WonderTrade.

Thanks for reading!
Daenerys/Tammie~

Céél
05-04-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm not a battler, so I can't really help with that. But there's a guy in the Kiloude City pokemon center that can tell you the IVs of your pokemon ;)

Edit: or you can use an IV calculator (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml).

macheagle52
05-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Hey Daenerys,

I've just got a few comments on things I see in your team.

1. With the moveset for your munna, it looks like you're going with an offensive version of it. That's fine but musharna is an extremely slow pokemon, almost everything out speeds it. Even though it had pretty good defenses, it can't take hits all day long. There are two main Musharna sets: offensive trick room or a calm mind set (which I run). You may want to consider running moonlight on it for extra recovery. I also don't really like the yawn/nightmare combo, very rarely will your opponent willingly let their poke fall asleep from yawn and even rarer is they'll leave it in against you.

2. On joltik you really want its ability to be compoundeyes, 90% accurate thunder is just too good to pass up.

3. For magneton, the magnet pull ability is most effective it your magneton has hidden power fire. But it could still work but you may want to consider sturdy instead.

4. On excadrill, I really don't like 2 turn attacks since it gives your opponent a free turn to make the best play against you (now if you're going to replace this in the future then ignore this comment).

5. Looking at your team, you have a pretty big weakness to ground (3 weak to it). I would strongly advise changing up your team to where you have at the maximum to pokes weak to any given type (but exceptions can be made).

6. In this generation it's extremely easy to breed perfect IV and nature pokemon so if you're wanting to get into competitive, you should really shoot for doing that.

7. Would you mind listing the movesets and ev spreads you plan on giving your pokes in the end so we can give you better feedback?

Pikachu Belle
05-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Hey Daenerys,

I've just got a few comments on things I see in your team.

1. With the moveset for your munna, it looks like you're going with an offensive version of it. That's fine but musharna is an extremely slow pokemon, almost everything out speeds it. Even though it had pretty good defenses, it can't take hits all day long. There are two main Musharna sets: offensive trick room or a calm mind set (which I run). You may want to consider running moonlight on it for extra recovery. I also don't really like the yawn/nightmare combo, very rarely will your opponent willingly let their poke fall asleep from yawn and even rarer is they'll leave it in against you.

2. On joltik you really want its ability to be compoundeyes, 90% accurate thunder is just too good to pass up.

3. For magneton, the magnet pull ability is most effective it your magneton has hidden power fire. But it could still work but you may want to consider sturdy instead.

4. On excadrill, I really don't like 2 turn attacks since it gives your opponent a free turn to make the best play against you (now if you're going to replace this in the future then ignore this comment).

5. Looking at your team, you have a pretty big weakness to ground (3 weak to it). I would strongly advise changing up your team to where you have at the maximum to pokes weak to any given type (but exceptions can be made).

6. In this generation it's extremely easy to breed perfect IV and nature pokemon so if you're wanting to get into competitive, you should really shoot for doing that.

7. Would you mind listing the movesets and ev spreads you plan on giving your pokes in the end so we can give you better feedback?

Thank you for the feedback.
1. I'll probably go for a Calm Mind Munna/Musharna and I'll get Moonlight back on it.

2. Okay I'll see if I can breed to get that ability.

3. I'll go to the hidden power person and see what its got and I'll edit the post

4. Was going to give Excadrill Earthquake.

5. Looking at this I'll probably drop Magneton. And add another. Not sure which yet.

6. Haven't started IV breeding yet as I don't have my flawless Ditto yet.

7. I really suck with EV training.. So I wouldn't know what would be best for my Pokemon u.u

macheagle52
05-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Since you say that you're relatively new to ev training and figuring out the best spreads, I would suggest taking a look at the Smogon website. On there they have a page for almost every poke and they give some pretty good movesets to run along with what would be a good ev spread to use. You can start there and train your pokes based off of what they suggest, they're very good for beginners.

Abaddon
05-08-2014, 03:28 AM
EV training is extremely easy in this generation with the horde battles. Just google EV training in X and Y and you will get great resources. You will want pokerus though and the power items to make it easy. With those items though it only takes 10 or 20 minutes to fully EV train a pokemon.