PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: The Official PokeBay League is Returning!

The Kiwi Dragon
05-16-2014, 11:25 AM
After a couple of weeks of downtime, I'm happy to announce the imminent return of The Official PokeBay League!

It is returning, this time under the new banner of "The Official PokeBay League: Resurrection" as a nod to the three previous incarnations of the League (Gym Leaders of PokeBay, Gym Leaders of PokeBay: New Rising, The Official PokeBay League).

But before I talk about anything else I'm going to talk about two new Policies I'm adding to the new incarnation of the League:

The 'Clean Slate' Policy:

The Clean Slate Policy is what it says it is. For the first time in League history, badges earned from previous incarnations will NOT count in this current incarnation to give this incarnation a fresh start with an even playing field for anyone of any experience to climb the ladder toward the prestigious title of Champion! Part of the Clean Slate Policy is also the fact that any Gym Leaders who were involved in the last incarnation will be removed to freshen it out. This however doesn't mean you cannot be a Gym Leader again though, as I'll be scouting around for new Gym Leaders for the next while and some members of the previous League will certainly be involved again this time around as well as hopefully some new faces!

The 'Contractual Agreement' Policy:

Once again this is another League first. The Contractual Agreement Policy only applies to Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members and the Champion. Who before being selected for their positions will sign an extremely basic contract. This contract will have a small amount of rules to adhere to. If the rules of this contract are broken then whoever broke them may face a suspension from the league, losing their position, or permanent ban from the league.
As for Challengers they must adhere to a rule list that will be added upon the opening of the League. Likewise challengers that disobey the rules will either warrant a warning, a suspension or a permanent ban from the League.

In this new incarnation of the League I'm going to bring back some elements from previous incarnations and make new additions, some of these will be:

The Return of the Recommendation System:
The Recommendation System was originally conceived as a way of getting new and talented battlers to join the League by battling three Gym Leaders in a 'Test Run' to decide if they were fit to join any of the available spots left by inactive or retired Gym Leaders, then send me the three Battle Videos of the matches with the video numbers so I may watch and concur with the Test Leaders. The reason for the return of the Recommendation System is because in previous times the League has slowed down because new Leaders were added on the fly, and while that personally was down to me, I've come to the conclusion that this system was far more effective and thus I am returning it in this new incarnation of the PokeBay League.

The Removal of 10 Gyms:

In previous incarnations of the League the Gym has usually tended to have the same amount of Gyms as there were types, 17 in Generation 5 and 18 in Generation 6. That's just over the amount needed to fill all the Gym Leader spots in TWO separate leagues! In this incarnation of the PokeBay League I have decided to downgrade the league from having 18 Gyms to 8, much akin to the games themselves. This is because keeping track of 18 Gym Leaders every week was a very hard and arduous task, it then keeps the same formula as a traditional League and finally makes it easier to reach Championship glory, so it has been lowered to 8.

Well that's all I can give you for now! I'll be looking forward to having battles with some of you, mostly in the ChatBox to determine the new roster for Gym Leaders and Elite Four members in The Official PokeBay League: Resurrection, so stay tuned for TOPLR news! :)

~TheProf.Nick~

Georgia
05-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Hehe yay I'm excited! :D But I can't believe I lost my badges.

Fabulous Charlie
05-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Aww, well isn't this exciting! What will be the types of Gyms in this new league?

0pinion
05-16-2014, 03:43 PM
This sounds awesome :D I'm excited to learn more about this and maybe start getting some badges ;D

Sakura Mamiya
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Aw man, I guess I lose all 5 of my Gym Badges that I earned during the Official Pokebay League... I worked hard for those T-T Oh well. I guess I'll have to battle the new Gym Leaders for them again :p

starlightpichu
05-17-2014, 09:28 AM
So happy! I can't wait !

SuperSal
05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
This sounds sweet hopefully I can join in.

Witchard
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
This looks awesome think it'll be a great way to get more involved in the community, can't wait :)

Pheonix303
11-29-2014, 11:44 PM
I wanna join.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-30-2014, 01:49 AM
I wanna join.

You'll have to go read the rules... not just a matter of joining.