PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

deadlyfox43110
05-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Why would people rather have an original over a clone? A cloned pokémon is the exact same as the original pokémon.

stormwalker22
05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Some people are just completely against cheats of any kind. The game makers did express that they are extremely against using the glitch and that it is against the rules, but no one can force the rules and there is usually no way to tell anyways.

Katarina
05-27-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't mind clones, as long as they are cloned from the original. B/c I heard somewhere that if you clone a hacked pkmn, then that clone will also register as hacked. And instead of taking a chance, they'd rather just take the easy way and ask for the original. In trade station, I put in there "no clones" b/c I don't know if the clone will be hacked or not. And I wouldn't know unless they told me. So I'd have to trust that the person isn't lying to get my pkmn.

Kyurem-B
05-30-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't think there is any difference. Pokemon obviously does not support exploiting the system in any way.
I think a lot of people on this site have their own opinions on both sides.
What I don't understand is how some people try to justify certain types of cheating but still cheat in their own ways that they have deemed as not cheating lol. It is all exploiting the system to gain something you did not have before. I'm personally fine with all of it. As long as people are not using things they can't get in the game normally through breeding etc..

xonymudd
05-30-2014, 10:18 PM
The difference is the principle, not the point. Unless the cloned pokemon was altered from the original, and the original itself was a legit unhacked and uncloned pokemon, then statistically for all intents and purposes it is the same identical pokemon. But on principle, it isn't the same pokemon. It is a duplicate, a copy, a code, and since Pokemon games weren't designed with the intent to clone pokemon and that it is officially discouraged, it goes against the very purpose and point of the game. Players who don't want cloned pokemon are well within their rights and entitled to their opinions as those who do want and do clone pokemon. Its the way they prefer to play the game, as intended. Myself, I prefer legits, but that's not to say I haven't cloned before.

Sometimes players don't want an exactly identical pokemon. Case in point, in White 2 I went on a Ditto hunt. I was catching dittos and searching for dittos on the GTS. I ended up with two perfectly identical dittos. Same IVs, same nature, same level, same original nature, and in every way identical. I didn't want two identical dittos. How am I suppose to chain breed with that? And it wasn't even like they had 2+ perfect IVs either, and even if they did, same freakin ditto so why would I even need a second one? So I released one of them. No point putting it back in circulation, especially when I found the same user offering another identical ditto (same user that the second ditto came from, and possibly the first). I suspect that player was only cloning dittos to use for trades, and unfortunately for me, I got suckered. Even if you consider cloning to be "legit" since it is possible to do without using programs or hacks, its still cheating, especially if you're using it to deceive others for your own benefit.

On the other hand, its one thing to clone pokemon for just your own purposes. Sure, its not what the game was intended for, but if you're not trading them, then at least you're not harming anyone else. If you only trade cloned pokemon to those who know it is cloned and want cloned pokemon, that's all well and good. To each their own, but when the trust of other players are affected, that's where it crosses the line and since cloned pokemon are statistically the same as the original, it makes it very hard to tell its a clone without the original or receiving another clone pokemon (as I did).

Whew, sorry that got a little long for my very first post xD

Kyurem-B
05-31-2014, 01:41 AM
Like I said we all have our own -opinions- ^.^

Darkn3ss
05-31-2014, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE=stormwalker22;59310]Some people are just completely against cheats of any kind.