PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to share the History of the Pokemon World

Exflar
01-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Fan-written, yet very intriguing and realistic. Enjoy:

January 22, 2027: Dr. Hagiru Sato and his team of scientists from Japan, America, Canada, and Britain begin work on a matter-energy transference machine.
February 11th, 2033: First machine is tested successfully after over a hundred failed tests. Controversy over the destructive nature of the technology ignites.

July 18th, 2033: A catastrophic incident with an energy-matter machine destroys the city of Hiroshima, in devastation not seen since the atomic bombs were dropped nearly 90 years prior. Japanese government officials move to ban work on this technology, though Western powers urge them to allow it, despite the mishap.

April 22, 2035: First sighting of infected idividuals. Most are animals, some humans are also shown to be susceptible to infection. Most seen around the ruins of Hiroshima, which had not been rebuilt.

May 13th, 2035: Northern Japan is split off from its southern half as a nation-wide quarantine is enacted. Anarchy soon spreads through the infected regions. 15% of humans exposed to the disease are immune and show no side effects. 84.9% are affected fatally by the disease, which causes cancerous growths. 0.1% of those exposed are shown to successfully mutate. The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals. All large animal life is soon infected.

January 1, 2040: 98% of all animals in Japan are wiped out; ecosystems ruled entirely by infected individuals.

May 8th, 2048: Japanese Defense Force engages infected individuals to preserve quarantine. Co-ordinated attacks by infected humans and animals are seen. High levels of intelligence confirmed.

May 10th: They fail, and the nation of Japan ceases to exist.

October 13: The United States Carrier George W. Bush is attacked and sunk by an unknown force. Later revealed to be a co-ordinated assault by the infected. Use of atomic weapons to destroy all life on Japan considered, but denied.

February 12, 2052: Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have begun adopting the infected into their religions. Part of this religion is a total-weapons ban, and the banning of violence against infected individuals. This is surprisingly effective at ceasing conflict with infected individuals.

April 2, 2055: Infected seen to have spread to North America. Military preparedness results in a far more contained infection. Hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, and Mexico die.

March 11, 2061: The United States Army begins experimenting with the combat prowess of infected animals, who are shown to have a friendly connection to humans who treat them well, much like dogs. Initial tests exceed expectations. Later that same year, China, Russia, Vietnam, and N. Korea react by signing the Kommu Pact, ensuring protection against the now utterly overpowered West.

July 2, 2063: The Kommu alliance declares war on the United States. Infected used to great effect.

November 9, 2066: The war ends. Communist states are dissolved, China and Russia (and all of Asia) are now under the jurisdiction of the NATO.

December 25th, 2072: The now divided regions that were once Japan begin to open up to the outside world. Mostly through scientific trade-off.

February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help their understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced energy-matter transference, is responsible for the death of dozens before escaping.

May 22, 2081: Ash Ketchum turns 10 years old.

Lelouch vi Britannia
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Lol ash turns 10 in 2081

10000fists
01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
May 22, 2081 ASH TURNS 10???

Exflar
01-21-2012, 04:57 AM
May 22, 2081 ASH TURNS 10???

This is a fan written timeline explaining the shift of "our world" into the "pokemon world". All of the events leading up to the rise of pokemon. As the anime never states what year is taking place or how the pokemon world came to be, this is a fictitious speculation that has the potential to happen lol.

Dr. Smiles
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Ash never grows old

Exflar
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Ash never grows old

That's not the point.. Think of the entire pokemon as a possible era of the future (Ash doesn't exist in our time). The author did not go through all that writing just to poke fun at Ash's lack of physical maturity.

10000fists
01-23-2012, 07:48 PM
This is a fan written timeline explaining the shift of "our world" into the "pokemon world". All of the events leading up to the rise of pokemon. As the anime never states what year is taking place or how the pokemon world came to be, this is a fictitious speculation that has the potential to happen lol.

I understood exactly no word except lol.

Exflar
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Apparently this forum is much too young to comprehend anything worth mentally stimulating.

10000fists
01-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Apparently this forum is much too young to comprehend anything worth mentally stimulating.

Ok wtf are you saying.

glue
01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
I think that ash turning 10 possibly might happen later as people already praisemlegendaries for generations. I think it may happen about 200-300 years after the incident

10000fists
01-25-2012, 03:53 AM
WTF ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT???????

Exflar
01-25-2012, 03:54 AM
I think that ash turning 10 possibly might happen later as people already praisemlegendaries for generations. I think it may happen about 200-300 years after the incident

That's what I thought at first..when I first read it I was surprised that all of the cultures had developed so abruptly. You're absolutely right lol

Exflar
01-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Ok wtf are you saying.

I posted this story to make conversation (that means people discuss, or talk, to one another). The subject (what it's about) is something that is supposed to make people speculate (think of future possibilities). I'll make sure to dumb down the language a bit.

M1gu3ru
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM
XDDD Lol

10000fists
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
I posted this story to make conversation (that means people discuss, or talk, to one another). The subject (what it's about) is something that is supposed to make people speculate (think of future possibilities). I'll make sure to dumb down the language a bit.

Thank you. Although i know what subject means. i'm not a 1st grader.

Monkeboy11
01-28-2012, 09:44 PM
That was a pretty good interpretation of how events unfolded and became what they are now (pokemon world) although the only part of the timeline I truly understood despite understanding the basic story line of the timeline itself was February 2081 which i'm guessing was referring to the creation of Mewtwo? was there any other points on the timeline that referred to specific events which I may have missed? or are they just there to create a story?

Exflar
01-29-2012, 08:36 AM
That was a pretty good interpretation of how events unfolded and became what they are now (pokemon world) although the only part of the timeline I truly understood despite understanding the basic story line of the timeline itself was February 2081 which i'm guessing was referring to the creation of Mewtwo? was there any other points on the timeline that referred to specific events which I may have missed? or are they just there to create a story?

Everything before 2081 is completely non-canonical (fanon). The discovery of Mew and the cloning of Mewtwo was the only true canon reference I found other than the beginning of Ash's journey. Glad you enjoyed it! :D

Exflar
01-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank you. Although i know what subject means. i'm not a 1st grader.

The first few events describe the development of the "primitive" pokeball. The experiment took a disastrous turn and pretty much infected/decimated the entire population of Japan. The effects of the explosion surfaced over time and gave rise to Pokemon. Year 2081 refers to the discovery of Mew and Team Rocket's cloning of Mew (the birth of Mewtwo). All of this happens before Ash starts his journey from Pallet Town.

10000fists
01-29-2012, 03:29 PM
The first few events describe the development of the "primitive" pokeball. The experiment took a disastrous turn and pretty much infected/decimated the entire population of Japan. The effects of the explosion surfaced over time and gave rise to Pokemon. Year 2081 refers to the discovery of Mew and Team Rocket's cloning of Mew (the birth of Mewtwo). All of this happens before Ash starts his journey from Pallet Town.

Now i understood.

the pokechamp 1
02-22-2012, 05:30 PM
what does ash turning ten has to do with the real world

jaydenwebb12
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
thats a stupid story

blaziking
02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
This is an interesting point of view but how would you explain the creation of the fossil Pokemon such as Kabuto or in the Pokemon films how there was 100's of Celebis who existed at different times in one and the film with arceus where they go back in time again. Apart from that pretty cool theory.

truffledude12
02-22-2012, 09:45 PM
i dont get what the point is on this story
but whatever it is....

truffledude12
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
wait i have one question how did pokemon ( i am aiming for how rotom came to be) like rotom come to be?
genetic pokemon ( exp: mew or mew two) mystified the pokemon universe untill they later explained their exictance
sorry about spelling i am only 12 but still understand this
so answer me in your opinion, how and why did rotom mew mewtwo come into exicictance?

Exflar
02-23-2012, 03:55 AM
wait i have one question how did pokemon ( i am aiming for how rotom came to be) like rotom come to be?
genetic pokemon ( exp: mew or mew two) mystified the pokemon universe untill they later explained their exictance
sorry about spelling i am only 12 but still understand this
so answer me in your opinion, how and why did rotom mew mewtwo come into exicictance?

Straight from the text: February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected = MEW.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help their understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. MEWTWO The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced energy-matter transference, is responsible for the death of dozens before escaping.

As for Rotom, we can assume that it is like many of the other pokemon, either heavily infected animals or heavily infected objects that are brought to life (this includes rock-like pokemon, ghost types, etc).

Mind you this is all non-canon and written by an anonymous person. I did not write this, I merely shared it with everyone to evoke the idea that this can actually happen :P

truffledude12
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
ok i guess
but your not giving your opinion about mew and/or mewtwo
how do u think it happened?
give what you honestly think that explains how and why

Exflar
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I feel that anything is possible if it's not specifically stated in the canon. And to be honest, the "official" story of Mew and Mewtwo vary from games to manga to anime.
Anime says Mewtwo was a straight clone of Mew
Game says Mewtwo was genetically altered from a baby Mew
Manga says Mewtwo was developed using Mew and Blaine's DNA

I think any one of those could be plausible :)

Exflar
02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
thats a stupid story

It is not the story that is stupid my dear friend. Merely a shallow mind can cause such an accusation.

Sting
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Interesting

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 03:19 AM
I feel that anything is possible if it's not specifically stated in the canon. And to be honest, the "official" story of Mew and Mewtwo vary from games to manga to anime.
Anime says Mewtwo was a straight clone of Mew
Game says Mewtwo was genetically altered from a baby Mew
Manga says Mewtwo was developed using Mew and Blaine's DNA

I think any one of those could be plausible :)

exflar it is true all could be plausible
we all know your smart so why not show of some of your vocabulary with us ( again im only 12 )
so btw we all know that is how they THOUGHT the pokemon events occured but, i disagree with the fact that or world should turn into the pokemon world because it wouldnt make sence because you didnt tell where the POKEMON came from ( or did u i wasnt paying attention to the time line exept for end and beggining

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 03:22 AM

what if the year was 2081 wouldnt they be hi tech and not need the pokemon because pokemon would have been great if it happened in this time when pokemon are unknown about origin and...lets be honest that would be great

Exflar
03-02-2012, 04:08 AM
what if the year was 2081 wouldnt they be hi tech and not need the pokemon because pokemon would have been great if it happened in this time when pokemon are unknown about origin and...lets be honest that would be great

Well at the rate that our technology is advancing, yes 2081 would be high tech. You don't consider the technology of the pokemon world to be high tech? I mean really, they have teleportation, balls that can convert HUGE creatures like Wailord into energy, hovercrafts, interdimensional space crafts etc.

And as for the ORIGIN of pokemon, here is the story's hypothesis: "The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals..... All large animal life is soon infected."

It's also known that Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. If you've never seen the first pokemon movie (you probably haven't seeing as you're only 12) the opening scene is of a group of Team Rocket scientists looking for Mew in Brazil. This ties in directly to the timeline.

Based on the fan-story, pokemon are the result of heavily infected realworld animals (and objects) with Mew being one of the first infected.

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Well at the rate that our technology is advancing, yes 2081 would be high tech. You don't consider the technology of the pokemon world to be high tech? I mean really, they have teleportation, balls that can convert HUGE creatures like Wailord into energy, hovercrafts, interdimensional space crafts etc.

And as for the ORIGIN of pokemon, here is the story's hypothesis: "The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals..... All large animal life is soon infected."

It's also known that Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. If you've never seen the first pokemon movie (you probably haven't seeing as you're only 12) the opening scene is of a group of Team Rocket scientists looking for Mew in Brazil. This ties in directly to the timeline.

Based on the fan-story, pokemon are the result of heavily infected realworld animals (and objects) with Mew being one of the first infected.

ok FIRST of all only thing in that u mentioned that is only amzing in real word is a pokeball but what if someone evil put you inside a poke ball hmm? it can be used against people cause no one mentioned on the timeline any feature in particular that stops pokeballs from being used on humans
SECOND of all
pokemon doesnt have hovercrafts it has boats and bikes no hovercraft
and lastly
what is the title of the pokemon movie?

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
i actulay like da waillords

Sting
03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Doesn't sound right

Exflar
03-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I never said Wailord are bad :P

1. Here is a link to an article on bulbapedia on the technology of the pokemon world: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world#Physics_and_technology

2. Here are some pictures of the amazing hovercrafts and other technologies straight from the pokemon movies:
Artificially intelligent robots: http://www.serebii.net/movies/deoxys/pics/M0235.jpg
Moving sidewalks: http://www.serebii.net/movies/deoxys/pics/M0247.jpg
Hovercraft: http://www.serebii.net/movies/deoxys/pics/M0345.jpg
Trans dimensional space ship: http://www.serebii.net/movies/giratina/pics/M1235.jpg

3. Title - "Pokemon: The First Movie! - The Origin of Mewtwo"

Exflar
03-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Doesn't sound right

What doesn't sound right?

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 11:12 PM
didnt see that movie :( might buy it off ebay or something but anyways
hovercrafts IN DA GAME i was talking about the game

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Doesn't sound right

i am sorry that came out wrongs :P

Exflar
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
didnt see that movie :( might buy it off ebay or something but anyways
hovercrafts IN DA GAME i was talking about the game

Well this timeline is applicable to anything considering the world of pokemon.. not just movies or manga or games.
It's implied that the technology is consistent in all the movies, games, and manga.

Anyway, you really should watch the first movie. It'll show you youngster's a thing or two about how pokemon was back in the day
You can watch it here: http://www.anime44.com/pokemon-the-first-movie

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Well this timeline is applicable to anything considering the world of pokemon.. not just movies or manga or games.
It's implied that the technology is consistent in all the movies, games, and manga.

Anyway, you really should watch the first movie. It'll show you youngster's a thing or two about how pokemon was back in the day
You can watch it here: http://www.anime44.com/pokemon-the-first-movie

by the way u said youngsters ,no offence non AT ALL but you sound like you or someone says youngsters exept for teens and kids

truffledude12
03-02-2012, 11:25 PM
you sound old seiriously dont say the word youngsters

Exflar
03-02-2012, 11:27 PM
you sound old seiriously dont say the word youngsters

Well I am older than you. By like, 10 years. My first pokemon game was Pokemon Green. That was back in...1996 or 1997.

Sting
03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Loll..

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-07-2012, 03:17 PM
It's cute but contradicts many things such as the history of Sinnoh, Arceus creating the pokemon world, Elgyem being discovered 50 years ago (think of the time frame from Ash's birth) dead humans of ancient times becoming Yamask (again, the time line), etc. Cute idea nonetheless.

Exflar
06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
It's cute but contradicts many things such as the history of Sinnoh, Arceus creating the pokemon world, Elgyem being discovered 50 years ago (think of the time frame from Ash's birth) dead humans of ancient times becoming Yamask (again, the time line), etc. Cute idea nonetheless.

"Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have begun adopting the infected into their religions."

^History of Sinnoh. They may have seen powerful pokemon like Arceus and the Creation/Lake trios as deities and attributed them to a belief of creation.

As for Elgyem, just because it's not stated doesn't mean it's nonapplicable to the timeline.

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes but Ash himself has seen nearly every legend making them more than just religious belief. Arceus is indeed more or less proven to have created the world. If all these events happened within approximately 50 years, from 2027 to Ash being 10 in 2081, it makes no sense as Arceus has been around since the very beginning of everything. Meaning 10 years ago these events of pokemon first coming into existence were still ongoing, and yet Arceus, who created everything has been around ages before Ash was even born. Therefore if Elgyem has been around 50 years before the events BW which, let's say are about... 10 years after Ash turns 10, Elgyem was around in about 2041, first infected individuals weren't acknowledge as even intelligent until 2061. Again we dont quite know how long the unova events take place especially with Ash still being 10. Then think about the fact Ash still IS 10! So if he is... AND is in Unova, then Elgyems discovery in in 2031, 4 years before infected individuals were even discovered. Nonetheless, the whole Ash being 10 in this 50 year time frame contradicts Ash's actual encounter with Arceus AND his time traveling in the very same movie. In the Arceus movie he goes back in time to one of the earliest times in human history and meets man AND Arceus at this time period. So..... yeah.

matthewbny
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
This is a nice and well-written storyline. :)

Fennelito'sHelp
06-25-2012, 02:38 AM
Flawed but interesting I guess, lol. Very cute. Btw Exflar you're gonna have to change your thing from saying on a plane from Mistralton to Littleroot. Since it's been revealed that that plane doesnt go there lol

Exflar
06-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Flawed but interesting I guess, lol. Very cute. Btw Exflar you're gonna have to change your thing from saying on a plane from Mistralton to Littleroot. Since it's been revealed that that plane doesnt go there lol

Haha As I have my hands on a copy of Black 2, I'm very well aware that the plane doesn't take the player to Littleroot. I've had that location set since the original BW came out. I was merely hinting at the expected Generation III game remakes :P

Nature
08-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Ummm........

Exflar
08-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Ummm........

Any reason why you decided to bump this year old thread?

LinuxUser
08-22-2013, 05:35 AM
that was a interesting story

chomp-o-squirtle
08-24-2013, 04:35 AM
even though it clashes with several theories it is well structured nevertheless