PDA

View Full Version : Guipna Highlands. Gen 7 Hints In X/Y Games/Anime?

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-02-2014, 12:24 AM
In the latest dubbed ep of the X/Y anime, a location, confirmed on Bulbapedia as Guipna (or Guipna Highlands), is a region that Prof. Sycamore referred to as "the world's last untrodden region." These choice of words instantly made me rewind that part and wonder if he was speaking of the next region games! And, calling it the "last" one, could it be that it will be the last region for the series? Or maybe it's just the only remaining region out there that hasn't been explored. One rumor a friend of mine has is that, maybe, they will only make 7 MAIN regions to match the 7 continents of the real world. Regardless, in the games, there is an item called the Strange Souvenir. It's given by a Hiker who says he is not from Unova, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto, or Kanto, nor Kalos. And that his region has a big waterfall in it. In the episode where Sycamore mentioned this untrodden region, a flashback is shown of the region, and the first thing shown is... yep. A huge waterfall.

I saw this ep May 31st, and at the time, no other sites had any info on this place, but, June 1st, it has finally made its way to Bulbapedia. What could it mean for the anime/games? Could it really all be coming to a close next gen? Is it really a peek at a new gen of games, or maybe a smaller region, like the Almia, Fiore, and Oblivia Regions? It's definitely more than noteworthy, so feel free to speculate.

stormwalker22
06-02-2014, 02:54 AM
I highly doubt they would stop making new regions. It could be the last discovered region that... wait a minute. If no one has set foot on this new region, how can there be gyms, towns, routes, shops for pokeballs, a home town, or pretty much anything in pokemon existence besides the pokemon themselves. I just think they are being overly dramatic about the whole thing all together and I wouldn't take any of it to seriously.

Katarina
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
the games haven't been based on continents, just countries, with the exception of Unova :)