PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Espurr Hates Me!

SassySylveon
06-02-2014, 03:49 AM
So I've been hunting for month's to find a shiny Espurr and everytime i come across a shiny it's and oddish Dx I'm getting tired of finding shiny oddish durning these hunts, does anyone know a way i could make sure i find a shiny Espurr and not an oddish? Also I have been working in the friend safari as well but i keep getting shiny munna <-- looking for a moonstone to evolve it

mighty tangrowth
06-02-2014, 09:58 AM
������

Pikachu Belle
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
You have a higher chance of getting a shiny Espurr if you use the Masuda method which is breeding two different language Pokemon. Honestly that's a lot easier.

SassySylveon
06-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Masuda method i'm actully trying as well while hunting i hatch one egg then go back get another ect.

Pikachu Belle
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
That sounds good. Just don't get sad when you can't find a shiny. It's all about luck. I would know because I'm a breeder. Honestly it'll pay off when you do get your shiny Espurr:)

katniss
06-02-2014, 03:36 PM
i know the feeling i have been breeding for 5 days and no shiny im also breeding espurr good luck hope you find your shiny

0pinion
06-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I feel your pain Pink Pachirisu... I was shiny hunting doing the repel trick for a pumpkaboo for 2 weeks and never found one shiny. I've been breeding different pokemon for a long time too hoping for one decent shiny, I've done about 1000 eggs so far in total and nothing, but at least I have a full competitive team now :)

SassySylveon
06-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Wow x3 masuda method just doesn't really work for me

0pinion
06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
MM is the most accurate way to get a shiny, but it takes the longest on average I think.

I think if you want the best chance of getting a shiny espurr, you're either going to have to focus on breeding or friend safari. In route 6(where espurr can be caught), if you use the repel trick, you'll find 4 different kinds of pokemon, but only 3 in the FS, so the FS looks to have an 8% better chance of seeing an espurr over the other pokemon. (1/4 compared to 1/3).

and if that isn't stimulating enough for you(because going back and forth in the FS can get pretty boring), switch between there and breeding, or you could even go breed a bunch of eggs and carry them with you in the fs so they hatch while you are searching.

Whatever works best for you, but those are my thoughts on your situation lol :) I hope this helps a bit

Faerie
06-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I dunno... I actually have more luck with the safaris. I have NEVER bred a single shiny Pokémon in ANY version of the game. Ever. I've tried the Masuda Method, but it doesn't help me at all.

SassySylveon
06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
i'm with you Faerie also mind if i add you on your pokemon Y? i wanna shiny Kirlia :3

0pinion
06-02-2014, 11:48 PM
I haven't hatched a shiny either, but I'm not too worried about it, I'll get one eventually since I breed so much anyway lol

I've been extremely lucky in a few FS's before. I caught 2 shiny magmars IN A ROW one day, and caught a third one 20 minutes later ^_^ I was going for a shiny Braixen, but that worked too lol

SassySylveon
06-02-2014, 11:59 PM
One day i was searching for a shiny smeargle and shiny dunsparce i ran from found 2 shiny loudred instead x3

SassySylveon
06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
And....i find another shiny Munna instead of Espurr i told you it hates me! T^T

0pinion
06-03-2014, 12:35 AM
haha that's pretty cool :P when I saw the first magmar I didn't see the shine, so I almost ran, I actually just stared at it and went, "I don't think these are the right colors..." so I caught it and moved it to the front of my party to check(I didn't know the red star meant shiny until later), and what do you know, the second magmar appeared shiny, and then I threw mine and and was just silent for like 10 minutes wondering if this was real or not haha

and at least you're finding shiny pokemon haha :P

how many shiny munna do you have now?

SassySylveon
06-03-2014, 12:37 AM
i've had 3 but evolve one and gave one to my friend cuz she never had a shiny before x3

SassySylveon
06-03-2014, 12:38 AM
but i mean i found one munna yesterday and this one today like 5 minutes ago