PDA

View Full Version : 160 days 'till Ruby and Sapphire remakes!

cuz bruh
06-09-2014, 11:34 AM
So yesterday, we were treated with new Mega Evolutions!
Mega Sceptile becomes a Grass/Dragon-type

Mega Swampert remains a Water/Ground-type

and a mega-evo for the legendary Pokemon, Mega Diancie, a Rock/Fairy-type.

Gameplay was shown too!

More info coming soon.

Pikachu Belle
06-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Steven Stone and his Charizard X..
Team Aqua and Team Magma return..
Very exciting:3

The Kiwi Dragon
06-09-2014, 12:27 PM
>.> We got a Sixth Generation Mega Evolution before a Fifth Generation Mega Evolution. Of a Legendary Pokemon that I will never use, I might add. And we were even told that there was not going to be Sixth Generation Mega Evolutions. Not impressed. Not sure whether to say that I feel lied to or to get on my knees and pray for Mega Greninja... :p

But anyway, come on Nintendo! Mega Serperior, Mega Emboar, Mega Samurott, Mega Galvantula, Mega Druddigon, Mega Hydreigon, Mega Zoroark, make them happen! :)

Mega Swampert impressed me majorly. It's design has changed from a slow and fat looking mudfish, to a murderous monster who gets boosted in rain thanks to Swift Swim! Whilst I'm sad that it's ability isn't Sap Sipper, Swift Swim is one of the better alternatives. I can see this going far and will be one of the better Megas of choice. I'm expecting Mega Kangaskhan/Mega Blaziken/Mega Charizard Y/Mega Gengar popularity level for this beast. :cool:

In my honest opinion, Mega Sceptile was a disappointment. Grass/Dragon like I predicted? Yup! Lightningrod as an ability? Wait... What? There are much better Abilities to have than Lightningrod on a type that's not affected by Electric types. I hope for the sake of my beloved first starter that Mega Sceptile will follow Mega Charizard's footsteps, a split Mega Evolution per game. But plot twist! They're both Grass/Dragon, unlike Mega Charizard X and Y who split into Fire/Flying and Fire/Dragon! :D

Onto Steven Stone now who owns a Mega Charizard X...? OK Steven Stone with a Mega Charizard does sound cool but really? Charizard for the guy who loves Rock/Steel types? Where's his Mega Aggron? Or better yet a potential Mega Metagross? Mega Charizard X just confuses me, as it's not exactly Rock or Steel and doesn't look aesthetically like a rock or some lump of metal... It's a fire breathing dragon... The thing Steel types are supposed to run away from! However with that being said, if Steven is researching Mega Evolution then along with this Charizard, it gives me an indication that Steven may not be the Champion meaning we get Wallace as Champion. Which wouldn't be too bad... I guess? :confused:

Team Aqua and Magma are back and look cooler than ever, with Team Aqua giving new literal meaning to the question 'do you even lift, bro?' ;):p

Mach and Acro Bikes are back! More speed! More bunny hops! :D But where does that leave our beloved Roller Skates? :(

May and Brendan's outfits aren't as cool as the originals but they do kinda look like swimsuits... Diving is in this game after all so it makes sense. :)

And don't forget E3 is coming really soon, so hopefully there will be some Pokemon information somewhere. There are actually two special conferences being announced. The first is of course SSB4 but the second is unannounced. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire conference anyone? :p

Overall I'm liking how these games are shaping up. I wasn't playing the games at the time of the impending release of Firered/Leafgreen but I was when Heartgold/Soulsilver was nearing release. And as much as they were awesome games I wasn't hyped for them as I am for these two. Maybe it's because I started in Hoenn and I'm heavily biased toward it but this game is hyping me like when I heard of Black and White for the first time. Just that intense excitement, combined with the waiting, makes you go crazy! :p

Georgia
06-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Yay! I can't wait...I want to be able to play every Generation and this is a good opportunity. :D

Darkn3ss
06-09-2014, 01:05 PM
delta green

stormwalker22
06-09-2014, 01:39 PM
delta green

They have yet to do a remake of the third game in any generation, so don't get your hopes up. If they didn't release any information by now, it is highly unlikely there is even a chance.

Layton
06-09-2014, 06:50 PM
All I really want is to play my beloved Ruby again! It was my first game, so this will be very nostalgic for me!

Geo Sakuraba
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
im just happy there gonna have the diving hm back! :) and i seriously cant wait and see if the old regis have something new and if regigigas will be found in the old cave that tells us about how to get the regis!

Dhomie
06-22-2014, 01:16 AM
wooo. Finally the game we have all been waiting for is finally going to happen and way better than i expected. Now gen 3 starters have mega evolutions!!! They released gen one mega evolutions in x and y so i hope they continue this in future games so that we can see mega evolutions for gen 4( infernape plz!!!) gen 2, gen 5, and gen 6. this will be the first primal set of pokemon we will see in a main pokemon game that is not a spin off series so im pretty stoked. Im guessing the pokemon bank feature will let us transfer pokemon inbetween x and y and omega and alpha without a second 3ds( this will be really useful!) nintendo is really going to b e striking gold this year, not just with this but the new super smash bros and more!