PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play forum Mafia?

JoshuaMunoz
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I can host one if there's enough interest. (Need at least 12 active participants)

Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

You may ask any questions regarding the game in this thread!

Players:

Lorelei's Protégé
CANDO
Asuna Yūuki
Oddball Sierra
NamelessPoet
Saga
Professor Master Nick
Haymac
Shadow Claw
Veteran Robin
Velocity

Fabulous Charlie
07-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Oh my gosh, I was discussing this with a friend of mine. I would love to participate! This game is so fun, though I have not participated in an online version. I will try to see if I can get more interest.

CANDO
07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
add me up

Pikachu Belle
07-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Ooooh count me in ^.^

Layton
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I played this over on a Zelda Forum! That was a grueling two weeks to be honest but it was still a lot of fun. I'd love to play, sign me up! Also, if you need help with any of it feel free to ask!

NamelessPoet
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
This sounds great! I'd love to be a part of it

Del
07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
This sounds pretty fun, I'd like to participate.

JoshuaMunoz
07-02-2014, 02:42 AM
It's great to see people interested in some good 'ol Mafia! I'll count this as a sign-up page, I'll make another thread where the game will take part. We just need maybe 7 more players, so if anyone knows other people who are interested to play, then please direct them here! And any questions regarding the set-up can be asked right now or during the game, so feel free.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Sign me up! :)

Layton
07-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Will be be playing by Mafia Scum rules/roles? Or the Flash Guide?

JoshuaMunoz
07-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Will be be playing by Mafia Scum rules/roles? Or the Flash Guide?
I'm using the typical roles & rules - so I think it's the Mafia Scum version. Vanilla Townie, Vigilante, Investigator, Mafiaso .. all the basic stuff since this is just going to be a 12-13 player Mafia game.

Layton
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm using the typical roles & rules - so I think it's the Mafia Scum version. Vanilla Townie, Vigilante, Investigator, Mafiaso .. all the basic stuff since this is just going to be a 12-13 player Mafia game.

Well, here is a link to a newbie guide (For new players) http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/Mafia-Roles-72597749

and the Mafia Scum wiki listing all the possible roles and such :) http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles

The first game I played (and only so far lol) was with 30 players. It was chaos for the first 3 days and then we got organized. I lasted until the day before the last night. But, by then everyone was saying we'd all need group therapy so it was all good.

Haymac
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Sounds fun I'll play.

Fabulous Charlie
07-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Hey all,

We only need four more players! Come and join, it will be fun!

Best,

Charlie

JoshuaMunoz
07-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Yeah guys, it's really fun. If anyone can invite some of their friends to play, that would be nice!

Shadow_claw
07-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Is there room for one more? I love this game!

JoshuaMunoz
07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Alright. I'll just do two more people and we can start this game!

Baby Koga
07-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Count me in! :)

Velocity
07-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Sounds fun! ^^ I'll give it a shot and play

JoshuaMunoz
07-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Alright :) We've got enough players for this game. But if anyone still wants to sign up, feel free to do so! The game will start tomorrow, on July 12, 8:00 PM, GMT +8..