PDA

View Full Version : Pokebay Mafia [Day - END] post #253

Pages : [1] 2

JoshuaMunoz
07-13-2014, 07:26 AM
ROLES
(All roles are present within the game. However, the amount of specific roles present is to remain confidential until the end of the game.)

TOWN-SIDED ROLES

Townie
You are a regular member of the town, with no special abilities. However, you possess right to vote, one that can't be taken away (except by death).

Detective
You are a town detective. Once per Night phase, you may find out the alignment (Town or Mafia) of a player from the host.

Vigilante
You may PM the host a player who you would want to shoot every even-numbered night.

Doctor
You are a town Doctor. Every night you can PM the host with the name of a player; you will protect that player from one hit for that night. You cannot protect the same player two nights in a row. You can protect yourself.

MAFIA-SIDED ROLES

Goon
You are just a minion. You have nothing except your voice and your vote to corrupt the town. You can deliver KP on behalf of the Mafia every night. Your ability as a group is to kill off whoever you decide to during the Night.

Roleblocker
You are a Mafia Roleblocker. Every night you can PM the host with the name of a player. That player will be unable to perform any actions during the night, if they have one. You cannot roleblock the same player two nights in a row. You will not be informed whether the person you roleblocked has an action or not. In addition, you continue to contribute KP to the Mafia every night as well as use your ability.

Framer
You are a Framer. Each night you can pick one player (Town or Mafia) to return as the opposite alignment to inspections from the Detective. In addition, you continue to contribute KP to the Mafia every night as well as use your ability.

Players:

[ALIVE]Fabulous Charlie
[ALIVE] GeoKeyBlader
[DEAD] Asuna Yūuki [Townie]
[DEAD] Sierra [Townie]
[DEAD] NamelessPoet [Townie]
[ALIVE] Saga
[DEAD] Pokemon Master Nick [Vigilante]
[ALIVE] Haymac
[DEAD] Shadow Claw [Roleblocker]
[ALIVE] Veteran Robin
[DEAD] Grant [Doctor]

PLAYERS ALIVE: 4/11
TOWN ALIVE: 3/8
MAFIA ALIVE: 2/3
KP (Killing Power of the Mafia) = 1

RULES
PMs
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise.

Activity:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must post at least once every full day/night cycle. Failure in doing so will result to the game host removing you from the game (also called as a modkill).

Day/Night Cycles
Day lasts for 48 hours. Night lasts for 24 hours.

Forms of Cheating
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
~

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

Voting rules:

1. This game uses Plurality Lynch. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be killed. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached that number will be lynched.
2. You must vote for a player and cannot abstain.
3. Voting is done in this thread. I prefer it if you post separate to content-filled posts.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

JoshuaMunoz
07-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Confused? Here's a detailed guide written by KarlaKGB from another forum.

At the heart of it, Mafia is a game of lying. There is a group of people, some of them are lying and some are telling the truth. Your job is to figure out who is lying, and if you are doing the lying, to convince the rest of the group that you are telling the truth. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent way for developing thick skin, improving your patience, and making yourself a stronger person mentally.

Town
As Town, you must remember that your objective is to find and kill Mafia, not to find and worship confirmed Town players. Mafia are playing the stalling game, thus common heuristics of Mafia can be split into two broad categories:
A. Survival
Hiding/Blending in
Posting long but contentless posts
Lurking
Indecision
Not wanting to point fingers
Avoiding responsibility
Apathy about who is lynched

B. Pushing their agenda
Promoting confusion
Avoiding contributing new ideas (ie. rehashing old ideas to try and look useful)
Making a big deal about nothing
Cherrypicking town mistakes while ignoring contributions

OK, so you think you've found a Mafia member. That's great, but how do you convince the rest of Town? For all they know, you're Mafioso. Town benefits from clarity, transparency, and direction. Try to contribute to these goals in whatever way possible to helpe establish your innocence.

This is forum Mafia, so there is a permanent record of everything said. Everytime a player dies, their alignment is revealed. Go back and re-read all of their posts with this new information in mind. Who were they trying to deflect attention from? Did they bandwagon their vote?

Don’t babble, don't spam. Many players are afraid that if they are seen as being even slightly inactive, they'll be accused of being Mafia. If you speak without having a clear goal in mind, you impede the town and decrease everyone else’s productivity. This paralyses town analysis and decision-making and allows Mafia to hide in the chaos. You don’t have to be a super-active poster to prove your innocence or be useful to the town.

On voting: Don't casually throw a vote around. Just like your posting, make sure your voting is also deliberate. Your vote should convincingly express your opinion and intimidate the mafia. Votes are not be something to be ignored. If you are not using a vote to express that player X is 100% Mafia, you should be using it to draw out information. You may be surprised how well votes force people to talk. Seeing how people react to your vote also gives you an indication of what bandwagons people are willing to jump on. This game uses Plurality Lynch, in which the player with the most votes is lynched, and doesn't require an overall majority vote. Similar to what I said before, there is a record of every day's voting. When someone flips, re-read the vote list to see who voted for them. If someone flips scum, look for fellow Mafia members that may have voted elsewhere to try to save their buddy, or have jumped on the bandwagon to look innocent.

If the die were in your favour, and you rolled a blue role, the general knee-jerk reaction is that you are too important to the town to risk being lynched or shot by the Mafia. This can cause people with blue roles to lurk and exhibit posts that suggest fear. However, a good player with a blue role will appear exactly like he is a townie, though this is not easy to do. Regular townies should avoid directing blue roles, as it gives Mafia information. Remember that Mafia have access to Roleblockers who can mess with blues, and Bombers that can take out multiple blues.
This should be very obvious, but never roleclaim as a blue. It does nothing for town, and you've just stuck a very large "shoot me" sign on your back. Exceptions are Veterans - claiming you took a hit during the night is fine as Mafia usually have that information already. Claiming you shot player X as a Vigilante, when you have no more bullets left is also good, especially if you hit a red, as you're giving information that Mafia can't punish.

Mafia
Mafia should read all of the above to see what to avoid doing.

At the start of the game, you possess the information advantage over Town. Don't give this up lightly, as information can come back to haunt you when Town start piecing things together. When you are about to reveal a piece of information (such as a role claim, hit claim, etc.), you should ask yourself how this claim benefits your agenda. If your claim casts suspicion on a player or doubt on a situation, while making you appear like you are trying to figure things out, then by all means claim. However, if you are not currently under heavy suspicion and your only answer is “it makes me look pro-town”, it is probably not a good idea to reveal the information.

In many games, the weakness of a Mafia team can be traced to the decision-making process with regard to defending teammates. When attacked, many Mafia will usually react on the fly without thinking things through. They may not be able to accurately judge how much support an accusation may get, and thus are not quick enough to decide what is the best course of action. This is a mistake you want to avoid. Before giving your opinion on one of your fellow Mafia members, assess the presented case. Do not mindlessly jump in and defend or waver over an indefensible accusation, as it may implicate you in a future lynch. On the other extreme, do not simply sit there and watch a teammate die if the case is weak.

What if you're the one in the spotlight? There is never a concrete or easy way to avoid getting lynched. Nevertheless, be calm and logical when defending yourself against accusations. Don’t immediately accuse your attacker for voting you. More often than not, a person will get lynched for overreacting to the accusations. Remember that you do not need to convince everyone (including your attacker) that you are innocent, just enough people to save yourself from being lynched.

You're Mafia and you need to kill, but you have limited KP every night. You should prioritise your kills in this order:
1. Posters that are making sense and are on the right track
2. Dangerous Analysts
3. Blue roles (especially DTs and Medics)
4. Confirmed townies (as in, Town members who have publicly proved their innocence)

So how should you post as Mafia? You want to keep the town confused while avoiding responsibility for it. When deciding how and what to post, you need to consider how the town is doing and react accordingly. Is the town being dominated by aggressive players, active posters, thoughtful posters, or inquisitive posters? Are the players generally cooperating on figuring things out, or is there a lot of tension and drama in the thread? The more things go the town’s way, the more important it is to intervene and cloud the thread. When the town is allowed to focus on one or two key topics at a time (without the same points being repeated over and over), then the town is in a strong place. Lack of doubt, inflammatory posting, and strong town leadership is incredibly dangerous. Many times, Town is not destroyed by direct Mafia intervention, but by sheeping and a lack of critical thinking. When the town tends to base their accusations off of flawed assumptions, you must simply punish them by feeding their conviction in their own misconceptions.

JoshuaMunoz
07-13-2014, 08:11 AM
DAY ONE

The Town of Pokebay was once peaceful. No one had any enemies, no one committed any crimes, and everyone was carefree and happy. Those were the days before the Mafia decided to make things amok. The mere thought of night brings about worries to the town. "I hope I don't die tonight", "Who shall we kill first?", "Is he worth an inspection?" are among many murmurs and whispers across the town of Pokebay. Your journey starts here - will you and your team make it through alive? Play on to find out.

You have 48 hours from this post to discuss who to lynch today.

Baby Koga
07-13-2014, 10:10 AM
*looks around suspiciously* ¬.¬

Del
07-13-2014, 11:37 AM
*Finds Veteran Robin looking around suspiciously*
I wonder if he's genuine or if he's trying to throw suspicion off of himself...Could Robin really be part of the Mafia trying to blend in?

Pikachu Belle
07-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I think everyone has the right to be suspicious.

Velocity
07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Maybe Tammie is saying that to remove suspicion from her...

Pikachu Belle
07-13-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm not removing any suspicion from myself. Merely stating a fact.

Velocity
07-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I smell mafia

Pikachu Belle
07-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Drawing all the attention to me, an innocent townsfolk?! Who knows you could be trying to get the attention off you.

Fabulous Charlie
07-13-2014, 02:15 PM
I do believe that we need to all be calm and collected, because being suspicious and throwing accusations at each other isn't helping anyone but the mafia.

Baby Koga
07-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Aye, especially when not everyone has commented yet.

Velocity
07-13-2014, 02:26 PM
This is true. It is just a game after all

Baby Koga
07-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Just a heads up, my phone won't let me vm on threads or profiles so I won't be able to comment for the next 7/8 hours while at work. Rest assured, I'll be back later tonight :p

Del
07-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I believe Charlie and Robin both have good points. Stay calm and wait for everyone to comment.

Haymac
07-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Robin making excuses, seems pretty mafia to me +.+

Velocity
07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Ok instead of just randomly passing the blame and pointing people out we should methodically try to find out who the mafia is

Del
07-13-2014, 05:59 PM
How can we use methodology to find out who is part of the mafia when they have access to our methods? They can simply lie to us to survive, can't they? But I think you're right that we can't keep randomly blaming people.

Haymac
07-13-2014, 06:34 PM
We all need to cooperate.

Haymac
07-13-2014, 06:34 PM
All are guilty until proven innocent.

Velocity
07-13-2014, 06:46 PM
I agree but we need to have some order as this random pointing of fingers and random statements has gotten us nowhere

Fabulous Charlie
07-13-2014, 06:48 PM
*sigh* even after asking for people to be calm and collected, it appears that Haymac would rather cast doubt and suspicion. He is most likely a member of the mafia, so I shall cast the first vote.

##Vote: Haymac

Haymac
07-13-2014, 07:31 PM
WHATTTT?!

Velocity
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Hmmmm he seems to be rather nervous judging by his reaction to that vote, which definitely would be a characteristic of the Mafia.

Haymac
07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
##vote:Velocity

The Kiwi Dragon
07-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Well good morning everyone! Great to see this finally kick off. Anyway onto the game:

OK well judging by what I have read here, Haymac sounds kind of suspicious for calling out Robin for 'making excuses'. Stating we need to co-operate, whilst true sounded rather pushy coming from him, as if Haymac has an ulterior motive. Also that overreaction he gave following two people pointing their fingers at him kind of triggers alarm bells because while anyone can react like that a villager would usually try to make others around them see that they are not mafia while remaining calm and collected. Therefore because of these reasons I vote:

Del
07-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Haymac's last posts have seemed a bit forced to me too.

##Vote:Haymac

Haymac
07-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I am but a humble townie, but I have never played this game before so I kind of overreacted.

Layton
07-14-2014, 02:07 AM
I've played this game once, and bandwagoning on votes can bite you in the butt. I think it's still a bit early to vote. None of us have discussed anything yet, only point fingers... Although I will be keeping an eye on Haymac >.>

Velocity
07-14-2014, 03:31 AM
It seems Haymac's vote to lynch me had no support or reasoning behind it. It was purely to get revenge on me for voting.

Del
07-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I was curious about why Haymac would vote for Velocity instead of Charlie, considering Charlie was the first to vote against Haymac and bring him into the lime light.

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Haymac's logic isn't very logical. As for making excuses, I do have a job and can't bring my laptop into work so I can only observe on my phone *sighs*. Same with today, but hopefully I can finish earlier. As for voting, it's early days... *observes*

Haymac
07-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you Sierra and I wasn't really thinking with that vote there so ##unvote and ##vote:Fabulouscharlie

Fabulous Charlie
07-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Based on what Haymac had said, I would like to ##Unvote: Haymac, but, and I am quoting Sierra, I will be keeping an eye on Haymac.

My reasoning for unvoting Haymac is because he seems to be innocent, so far. Playing into the hands of the Mafia by throwing accusations to everyone, and creating chaos. Not to mention he seems to be very new to this game, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Mainly because he could be very well be playing us or is actually very innocent.

It also appears that his voting against me is merely a mechanism of revenge, of which I forgive him for and I hope he forgives me as well for suspecting him of being a member of the Mafia. My reasoning for that was because I asked for everyone to be calm and collected and I am not sure if you heard (read) it or merely ignored me, I do hope it was the former and not the latter, but I was ignored by your comments and accusations was, again, cast upon people.

From that, I ask what shall we discuss in hopes of capturing a member of the mafia? For it seems that we have approximately less than 14 hours until night comes.

Haymac
07-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Fabulouscharlie you're right we need to relax and think it through ##unvote

Del
07-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Who has not commented yet?

Haymac
07-14-2014, 08:21 PM
CANDO, NamelessPoet, and Shadow Claw

Del
07-14-2014, 09:06 PM
##Unvote: Haymac

Del
07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I feel like there was a bit too much bandwagoning against Haymac considering how early on it is in the game, as pointed out by Sierra.
Also...
It's a bit annoying because they (Those who have not yet commented) could be mafia trying to keep a low profile, or they could just be genuinely inactive or too busy too comment, like with school or something. Which makes things harder in trying to determine who's who. However, Robin has at least warned us that he has a job and will be somewhat inactive but we've had no word from them...Which is worrisome considering time constantly being lost as pointed out by Charlie.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Hmmmm, I think I'm going to keep my vote as I still think there is some convincing evidence. I may change it later depending on what happens

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I also shall remove my vote from Haymac. I shall also keep an eye on him for the time being.
##Unvote: Haymac

Velocity
07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok all points made are true. Haymac apologized and he hasn't done anything too questionable. Also, I believe there may be stronger mafia members that could be tampering with this discussion. Haymac doesn't seem to be doing that or really feeding us any information that would be mafia-like so I shall ##Unvote: Haymac

Velocity
07-14-2014, 09:41 PM
So right now, all votes that have been made have been unvoted

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 09:43 PM
So now I guess we have to try and determine who is the likeliest candidate for Mafia. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Velocity
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Since not much has really happened yet, it seems we could review what has already been said and determined who has posted the most suspicious things. We need to have more discussion though to get a better idea.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Agreed. Although this discussion isn't going to get too far seeing as there are three players who are inactive. Doesn't help that we can't discuss with them. They're all active on PokeBay but haven't been bothered to play it seems. So is it my understanding that they are all modkilled if they don't reply before the night is over?

Pikachu Belle
07-14-2014, 10:06 PM
That sounds like a good idea Grant.

Haymac
07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Nick, I would guess so.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes Nick, if they don't play, they will be mod killed at the end of the day. Now where should we begin?

Haymac
07-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Thank you all for understanding :)

Del
07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
It's kind of hard also to further the discussion without making an accusation against someone, which ultimately turns everyone against each other.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Agreed, and this is what the mafia is looking for: confusion and chaos.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Should we point fingers now then or should we maybe try and look for an alternative? Like giving each other reasons to trust one another?

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Hopefully those three don't get modkilled. If they were all the mafia then the game would be over. On the other hand, if they were all townies, then the rest of the townies would be put at a severe disadvantage, in particular if they have one of the special roles.

As for trying to accuse someone, it's very difficult to tell at this stage. However, if we wait until the next day, a townie might get killed off when they could have been saved if we acted quicker. Tis a tough one.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Hopefully those three don't get modkilled. If they were all the mafia then the game would be over. On the other hand, if they were all townies, then the rest of the townies would be put at a severe disadvantage, in particular if they have one of the special roles.

As for trying to accuse someone, it's very difficult to tell at this stage. However, if we wait until the next day, a townie might get killed off when they could have been saved if we acted quicker. Tis a tough one.

Yeah and technically we can't wait as we don't have the option of 'No Lynch' if I remember right, meaning unfortunately that someone has to go tonight.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:42 PM
To be honest, aside from pointing fingers we don't really have much to vote anyone off with. If we take Grant's idea into effect and we vote off the most suspicious person and just hope they are Mafia or we just randomly lynch but that gets us nowhere really.

Del
07-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Can I ask a stupid question?
Who's Grant?

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 10:46 PM
We could give it a few hours. If one of the people who is hasn't commented on this yet still hasn't commented, we could vote them off since they were going to be modkilled anyway?

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm Grant :)

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Also, thats what I believe we should do, as those who are not active would be more likely to be mafia anyways

Fabulous Charlie
07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah and technically we can't wait as we don't have the option of 'No Lynch' if I remember right, meaning unfortunately that someone has to go tonight.

Unfortunately Nick is correct. Not to mention the Mafia have the ability as a collective to kill off two people.

We could go with Robin's idea and vote to lynch one of the three people who hasn't commented, but that does seem a bit unfair, yet I understand Robin's reason.

Del
07-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh! Ok!:o

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:51 PM
I was under the impression that we were not allowed to lynch any inactive people as they would be automatically killed anyway. However that's just how I perceived this to be...

Haymac
07-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Great idea.

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not too sure of the specifics. Still new to the game xD

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
We should all try that and if it's not allowed, then were all in it together. Then, we could choose someone else to lynch

Del
07-14-2014, 10:55 PM
However, if it turns out those three are all townies, and the mafia kill two townies tonight, then isn't that game over for the townies?

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 10:55 PM
We should all try that and if it's not allowed, then were all in it together. Then, we could choose someone else to lynch

Yeah that sounds about right. Does everyone have a person that they wish to vote in mind? You don't need to reveal just wondering out of curiosity.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Unless a doctor or other role remains we could last a little longer, but we can't rely on that. In terms of which of the inactive players, we should probably choose who is the most active on Pokebay? Just a suggestion

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:01 PM
However, if it turns out those three are all townies, and the mafia kill two townies tonight, then isn't that game over for the townies?

There's 8 townies and 3 mafia. If three townies go down due to modkill that's five townies left. And after Mafia Kills then we would potentially have three people left, meaning it's not game over but it'll be hard as heck to win for the townies. But that's if worst comes to worst and that all three are townies, we could hopefully have a Mafia or two in there too.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh no wait... No there's still a voting... If a townie was voted off then yeah the townies would be outnumbered and that's game.

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Don't forget about the vigilliante. If they're not careful in their decision, this game could be over pretty quickly!

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:04 PM
But if the mafia kills two townies, the three inactive are mod killed, and we vote off an active townie, that's up to six that could be taken out.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah true.

Del
07-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Ok! I agree.

Del
07-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Those three have really put us in a tough spot...

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Sadly, it actually does make more sense to lynch an active person. If the 3 inactives are mafia, it's game over. If they're townies, they're gone anyway. However, I do find it unlikely that all 3 of them would be mafia. They've probably forgotten the game or just abandoned it. So there's a good chance a mafia is among us u.u

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:08 PM
So my suggestion is to attempt to vote off an inactive player.

Del
07-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Also, the mafia know each other...So, they know if those three are townies or not.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Now that you say this, I agree. Time to figure out what active player to vote off.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:10 PM
None of us here particularly stand out so deciding will be difficult

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:12 PM
All the inactives have been on PokeBay within the last day or two so I don't understand why they aren't playing. I mean the host would've said we're starting pretty soon surely?
Anyway it does make sense to lynch an active player, have we got any thoughts or suggestions?

Haymac
07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Maybe they're waiting for the last second to throw us off but being the three of them if that's the case then it's almost 100% they're mafia

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Hmmmm that's very unlikely but a possibility. Seeing as it came from Haymac, who we had suspicions about earlier, this could be him trying to cast suspicion to us?

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Question, are mafia able to talk via pms or other communication, or do they just know who each other are?

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
According to the rules PMs are not allowed

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Excellent...

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Question, are mafia able to talk via pms or other communication, or do they just know who each other are?

Good question. Whenever I've played Mafia they have private meetings in the nights to decide who to kill only with a limited amount of time.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone know how many hours we have left to vote?

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:30 PM
9 hours according to my calculations

Fabulous Charlie
07-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Hmm, I may have a someone in mind that could potentially be a member of the Mafia, but I am unsure on how me casting the first vote would be received, considering it would look like I am pushing my own agenda and ultimately making me suspicious.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
I still have Haymac in mind due to his last post. He remained relatively under the radar once we cleared him but then his latest post seemed to be random, unlikely, and suspicious

Del
07-14-2014, 11:36 PM
I still have Haymac in mind due to his last post. He remained relatively under the radar once we cleared him but then his latest post seemed to be random, unlikely, and suspicious

A lot of others have been keeping a much lower profile than Haymac, like Asuna and Sierra.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Sierra said she didn't have internet, but Tammie (Asuna) definitely would be a possibility

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Hmm, I may have a someone in mind that could potentially be a member of the Mafia, but I am unsure on how me casting the first vote would be received, considering it would look like I am pushing my own agenda and ultimately making me suspicious.

I think you should go for it Charlie. Do what you think is right.

Pikachu Belle
07-14-2014, 11:39 PM
My reason for this is that I am very new to the game.

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:40 PM
The fact that you haven't talked for ages and only jumped in when mentioned seems a bit out of place to me

Del
07-14-2014, 11:41 PM
My reason for this is that I am very new to the game.

So am I, I think most of us are, right?

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:42 PM
I'll be right back. Gonna go get some firewood and give my guinea pigs their morning feed. :)

Velocity
I agree. Also, many of us are new to the game and we being much more active. I shall cast my vote.

##Vote: Asuna Yūuki

Pikachu Belle
I've been checking back on the thread. I myself am deciding who to vote for. For you townies, it would be a loss if you lynched on me

The Kiwi Dragon
So am I, I think most of us are, right?

I've played Mafia about 5 times so relatively new.

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:44 PM
That response is a typical response. It is opinionated and lacks any real support behind it. Even though she has checked on the thread, she hasn't posted

Del
07-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I've played Mafia about 5 times so relatively new.
This is my first time.

Pikachu Belle
07-14-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't lie.

Fabulous Charlie
Tammie is actually the person that I am suspicious of. She has only spoken approximately four times, and during the first few hours of the game, she tried to remove suspicion off of her. Especially when she says, "Drawing all the attention to me, an innocent townsfolk?! Who knows you could be trying to get attention off yourself" in response to Velocity's comment, "I smell Mafia".

Pikachu Belle
Do you really want to lose a townie when 3 could be modkilled?

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:46 PM
I never accused you if of lying, I just said the response lacked any real support and that you haven't posted. Plus this is a lying game

Del
07-14-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't lie.

What kind of response is that, honestly?

Pikachu Belle
07-14-2014, 11:48 PM
An honest reply.

Pikachu Belle
07-14-2014, 11:54 PM
I have to go bed.. But I'll say one last thing. You will regret lynching me. So think carefully before you do that.

Baby Koga
07-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Just from another point of view, however. Sierra completely turned the tables when she redirected us away from Haymac. Literally everyone reversed their vote. Just throwing another vantage point out there!

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:56 PM
To be honest I had it between Haymac and Tammie but the accusations of others and what I have seen in terms of evidence against anyone is pointing more toward Tammie so here we go:

##Vote: Asuna Yuuki

Velocity
07-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Once again, her response is opinionated. "You will regret", there is not really any support or evidence behind that. How would we regret it if she doesn't post much? Anyways, I voted so it's up to you guys

Fabulous Charlie
07-14-2014, 11:57 PM
I would also like to cast my vote onto Asuna Yūuki

##Vote: Asuna Yūuki

Mainly because she has only further my suspicion of her being a member of the Mafia. Her responses seem to trying to bring doubt to Velocity's accusation.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Just from another point of view, however. Sierra completely turned the tables when she redirected us away from Haymac. Literally everyone reversed their vote. Just throwing another vantage point out there!

Fair point. Sierra is a veteran when it comes to Mafia so whether or not she turned the tables for our own good or her own good we cannot tell.

Del
07-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Tammie/Asuna's responses have not just been rare, but minimal. Even when she does respond she hasn't really added anything except attempting to cast doubt against accusations against herself, as Charlie pointed out.

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Good point. I will keep that in mind but for now Tammie has raised the most red flags for me

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 12:15 AM
hmm...

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:26 AM
An observation I made, although Haymacs post are relatively rare to begin with, since we started voting and discussing about Tammie, he has not said anything...

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I'm going to sleep over things. No point making a rash decision. I'll hopefully be awake before this "day" ends. And alive lol

Night all ¬.¬

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Perhaps both are mafia trying to cover one another by trying to confuse us.

Del
07-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Perhaps both are mafia trying to cover one another by trying to confuse us.

Do you mean Tammie and Haymac?

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:32 AM
Yes that is what I think nick means and that's what I believe

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Do you mean Tammie and Haymac?

I sure do.

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:35 AM
I will keep my vote for Tammie today and on the next day, we will discuss and watch Haymac more

Del
07-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Honestly, I see a link between Tammie and someone else...

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Who would that be?

Velocity
07-15-2014, 12:45 AM
I changed my username from Velocity to Grant just fyi

Del
07-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Well, at the very start of the game I did make an accusation against Robin, although to be honest I was only trying to get the ball rolling. However, Tammie seemed to defend Robin in a way, saying "I think everyone has the right to be suspicious." which actually immediately caused you, Grant, to suspect Tammie. However, eventually suspicion from Tammie moved onto Haymac, whom both Tammie and Robin ignored. Considering Tammie's behaviour, she's only every commented when she was directly affected in the past discussions, usually she's kept quiet except when defending Robin in the very beginning. But when suspicion returned to Tammie this time Robin shifted suspicion onto Sierra but said to Tammie "The fact that you haven't talked for ages and only jumped in when mentioned seems a bit out of place to me" yet when people actually started voting Robin only said "Hmmm." Not only has Robin not voted, but instead he's gone to bed saying he did not want to make a "Rash decision." Perhaps in reference to voting Tammie out?

It's just a theory...But what do you think?

Del
07-15-2014, 01:08 AM
##Vote:Tammie/Asuna

Del
07-15-2014, 01:11 AM
I need to get some sleep now...So, bye, I hope I'm still alive in the morning...

Layton
07-15-2014, 01:25 AM
1) I only tried to take heat off of Haymac because we were all voting for him for little reason.
2) I've played once, I am no veteran.
3) ever think that Tammie may have a role beneficial to the town? She may not only be trying to save her hide by warning us of lynching her.

Velocity
07-15-2014, 01:40 AM
If she had a role beneficial to the town, she would have a better argument when being voted for and show herself more to not cause suspicion. Plus, when she does speak, she doesn't try to help and offer advice, merely cast more doubt

Layton
07-15-2014, 01:47 AM
It's her first time, and we're all full of doubt. If she reveals her role as a dr/vig then it makes her a target for the mafia.

Velocity
07-15-2014, 01:49 AM
That's true

JoshuaMunoz
07-15-2014, 04:14 AM
Mafia have their own private discussion board.

I will remind the inactive players to check the game more often. If they fail to do so, they will be modkilled / replaced by Day 2.

By the way, may I know what your old username is, Grant?

Day will end in approximately 4 hours and 35 minutes from this edit. I will allow people to pass off voting for today, but whoever gets majoirty will be lynched.

Velocity
07-15-2014, 04:29 AM
My old username was Velocity :) thanks

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 07:48 AM
I think you're pulling at strings that aren't there :p

Tammie never defended me, only everyone's right to be suspicious. Also, I never ignored Haymac, I just never "jumped on the bandwaggon" voting for people without any reason. Now, to be fair, Tammie has not defended herself very well when accused, but as Sierra said, she could have a major role.

To be honest, I have just a big a reason to suspect others as I do, her. Although my vote will probably not change the outcome, her elimination will not be on my conscience. If she is a mafia member then kudos to you guys! If she isn't, just remember, I was against this.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 07:54 AM
I wake up to see you've all lynched against me... Thanks a bunch >.> Anyway after thinking about who to vote for.. I really did think we were gonna vote for one of the absent users because there's a chance that they could be mafia. With that case..

##Vote: Nameless Poet

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:09 AM
I wake up to see you've all lynched against me... Thanks a bunch >.> Anyway after thinking about who to vote for.. I really did think we were gonna vote for one of the absent users because there's a chance that they could be mafia. With that case..

##Vote: Nameless Poet

Yeah but there's no chance in Hell of them coming online within the time this night ends so they're going to get auto-kicked, so we had to vote to lynch someone, and unfortunately, it was you.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:11 AM
The voting isn't over yet!

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm assuming both of you are townies.. Yes? >.> Who knows you could be regulars and need the help of someone with a role that can help the townies. You don't know it but I could have one of those roles. And yes I suck really badly at defending myself.. I always have.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:21 AM
See now you'll say, "So why are you participating in a game like this?" And my reason is it sounded like a great game. I just prefer to persuade with spoken words and not typing.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Take a closer look.

There are 3 groups: 1) the inactive members 2) those who voted for Haymac and 3) those who did not vote for Haymac.

I'm assuming group 1 are gonna get mod killed and we'll probably lose 3 Townies which means we need to make the right call now or we're dead.

Now for the other 2 groups, very intriguing!

Evidence 1-

It may seem like such a minimal way to divide people, but there are trends... patterns.

Those who did not vote Haymac at the start (me, Sierra, Tammie and Haymac) have all been quiet (except me). However, the other group was quick to "jump on the bandwaggon".

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM
The voting isn't over yet!

Whilst I am aware of this it appear our three missing players are Americans. Therefore at the moment it's midnight in the US at least and we only have 36 minutes until they are over and they're modkilled. So therefore I doubt their return will be in time.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM
I did find it very odd when they jumped from Haymac and straight onto me.. When he hasn't spoken since back then.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Evidence 2-

Charlie was first to vote Haymac for no reason and was quickly followed by Grant, Saga and Nick. None of you had real reason to vote for him and all of you were quick to retract your vote -- except Grant. Grant took back his vote only directly after the others did a quick regroup.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Evidence 3-

Yes Tammie, it was very odd. But who was the one who instigated the whole thing? Who was the one who accused you?

Grant.

Funnily enough, he was also the person who stood out on the Haymac incident. That's targeting 2 members on the same "group".

Also, he was the one who repeatedly reenforce that he thought it was Tammie.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:35 AM
I knew I was right to have suspicions against him >.> I couldn't say anything at the time though because that wouldn't of helped me in any way. But this is very odd behaviour

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:38 AM
So between Grant and Tammie, I do believe one of them is the mafia. If it is Tammie, then I hold my hands up and apologise. But if it is Grant, we know who the other suspects are for the Mafia: Charlie, Saga and Nick. All of you have voted for both Haymac and Tammie. If she is innocent then you're all in the line of fire.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Take a closer look.

There are 3 groups: 1) the inactive members 2) those who voted for Haymac and 3) those who did not vote for Haymac.

I'm assuming group 1 are gonna get mod killed and we'll probably lose 3 Townies which means we need to make the right call now or we're dead.

Now for the other 2 groups, very intriguing!

Evidence 1-

It may seem like such a minimal way to divide people, but there are trends... patterns.

Those who did not vote Haymac at the start (me, Sierra, Tammie and Haymac) have all been quiet (except me). However, the other group was quick to "jump on the bandwaggon".

I have jumped on the bandwagon because I've noticed things, not for the sake of boosting numbers. I accused Haymac because of the way he jumped on you without any substantial reasoning and his behavior after we accused him. However I was persuaded to revoke my vote. However when it was pointed out about what Tammie said in the initial moments of the first night and I reread the comments, they could be perceived as highly suspicious. After debating throughout today I decided to vote Tammie because if she is Mafia then I don't want to take the risk. If I'm wrong, I'll guarantee to you that I'll be swearing in my sleep.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:39 AM
##votes: Grant

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:42 AM
If Tammie and Nick vote Grant we can change this around, but the pressure is on Nick. I believe that "group"is the Mafia and someone has by default aligned themselves with them.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Seeing as it's nearing night.. I guess this is my farewell. But for you townies, I am sorry I couldn't fight my case that well. I do hope you survive :/

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:44 AM
##Unvote: Nameless Poet
##Vote: Grant

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:45 AM
If Tammie and Nick vote Grant we can change this around, but the pressure is on Nick. I believe that "group"is the Mafia and someone has by default aligned themselves with them.

So what you're saying is that you want to persuade me to change my vote? Well I'm 'listening' but you haven't got long I'm afraid.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Nick it's up to you. Are you a mafia, a by stander or the person who can turn this game on its head?

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm too young to virtually die! I promise I will help the townies more!

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Nick it's up to you. Are you a mafia, a by stander or the person who can turn this game on its head?

Sounds like a challenge. :)

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:47 AM
If we make the wrong call and we're all townies, then we're screwed! If Tammie is voted off and is the Mafia, fine. I was wrong and Haymac and Sierra are probably the other 2.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:48 AM
But I'm not, how rude e.e

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:50 AM
But if Grant is a mafia member, which he could be given his advancements against Haymac and Tammie, we've seen you, Saga and Charlie all vote for the same people. If you are not a mafia member, vote for Grant and then it turns out that he was a Mafia member then it will most likely be Charlie and Saga who are the other 2.

If the vigillante is still around, they can take one of them out meaning only one remains tomorrow. If I'm wrong, they can shoot me instead!

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:54 AM
My question to you Robin is if I vote for Grant, will our votes outweigh the opposing votes?

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 08:55 AM
If you switch, it will be even

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 08:58 AM
If you switch, it will be even

Which comes to a tie. Due to the Plurality Lynch clause, Tammie was the first to reach three votes, meaning if I'm right unfortunately regardless of my own vote Tammie will still die. My apologies Tammie.

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Get ready to curse then because you made a bad decision.

Baby Koga
07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Nick, you could have cleared your name. Even if it didn't change things you could have relinquished yourself with ties to the mafia.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Get ready to curse then because you made a bad decision.

I am sorry but my vote would still not have changed your fate.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 09:05 AM
You want me to pledge my allegiance regarding Tammie's death? Then I shall:

##Unvote: Asuna Yuuki

Pikachu Belle
07-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Thank you Nick ;~; I promise I will do more to hunt the mafia down... If I survive the night

The Kiwi Dragon
07-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Thank you Nick ;~; I promise I will do more to hunt the mafia down... If I survive the night

I'm afraid I'm doubtful of your survival... I just hope that your death shall not be in vain.

JoshuaMunoz
07-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Ok guys. I just came back from an unexpected long meeting. I'll recheck the votes and make the lynch post. Expect it to come up soon.

JoshuaMunoz
07-15-2014, 10:15 AM
VOTING IS CLOSED.

Asuna Yūuki
-Grant
-Fabulous Charlie
-Saga

Grant
-Veteran Robin
-Asuna Yūuki
-Pokemon Master Nick

Asuna Yūuki is first to reach majority, therefore she will be lynched.

The Town of Pokebay was in distraught; the first day is never a good start for the townsfolk. Fingers were pointed left and right; however some remain asleep, in the comfort of their own homes. Asuna Yūuki is the town's first ever lynch candidate, and the blood she spilled couldn't be any more discomforting.

Asuna Yūuki was a Townie (Town).

Power roles have 24 hours to send their actions. Mafia is at 2 KP.

Shadow_Claw, CANDO, and NamelessPoet have been warned. If they don't respond to my PM, they will be modkilled / replaced.

JoshuaMunoz
07-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Mafia and Power Roles have 5 hours and 45 minutes to send in their actions.

Shadow_Claw was able to respond to my PM, therefore I'm giving him until the end of Day 2 to post. I have one replacement ready, but I may still need ONE more to avoid any modkill.

JoshuaMunoz
07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
DAY 2

The sun's edges gleam over the horizon. Daylight broke out and some were grateful they were spared another day. However, the Mafia had other plans that dreary night.

Sierra was on her way to bed. She was weary of all the debating going on at Day, and was more than ready to rest up. She was just about to call it a night until a dark, psychopathic laughter suddenly breaks out just inches within her ears. She wakes up, only to see the masked murderer grab a thick cloth, choking her by wrapping it all around her face. Sierra cries for help, but it only ends up in vain as the murderer stabs her torso and her chest in a dubious repetitive pattern multiple times. She never sees the light of dawn again.

The murderer goes out through the window, but Professor Master Nick caught a glimpse of the bloodied person. Nick, unaware of what had happened to Sierra, hurried to see the killer. "Are you alright? What happened to you?", asked Nick, who thought the bloodied guy was injured. The killer didn't respond, and minutes after, Professor Master Nick's body was buried below a bush in Sierra's home.

NamelessPoet and CANDO have been sleeping in their homes the whole time. They have never woken up. Shadow_Claw, hasn't participated in yesterday's activities as well, but he has been spared for tonight surprisingly, however, he has conditions.

Sierra the Townie (Town) died.
Pokemon Master Nick the Vigilante (Town) died.
NamelessPoet the Townie (Town) was modkilled.
GeoKeyblader chooses to replace CANDO.
Shadow_Claw will be modkilled by the end of the Day if they fail to post at least two times.

You have 48 hours to choose someone to lynch.

Del
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
I find it odd someone killed Sierra, considering she wasn't that active, in comparison to someone like myself or Robin....Although I somewhat expected one of those two, Nick or Robin, to be killed in the night. I think they may have caught onto something, or I'm just gullible.

Fabulous Charlie
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
This is very unsettling. All of this is unsettling. Our vigilante is dead, two townies are dead. Especially since I was a part of Asuna's death. I still can't believe we, (Grant, Saga, and I) lynched an innocent! If only I was able change my vote. I regret taking part in her lynching.

Del
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
This is very unsettling. All of this is unsettling. Our vigilante is dead, two townies are dead. Especially since I was a part of Asuna's death. I still can't believe we, (Grant, Saga, and I) lynched an innocent! If only I was able change my vote. I regret taking part in her lynching.

I did genuinely think Tammie was guilty at the time...

I'm actually going out later so I might not be very active until tonight. Sorry!

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Perhaps I acted too late u.u

Velocity
07-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I also feel guilty. She did seem suspicious, but now we are in some serious trouble if we keep voting off towns.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Let's see, there are 3 mafia and 4 town left. Just about even. Basically, whoever we choose has about a 50% chance of being mafia

Velocity
07-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I have somebody in mind...

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Who might that be?

Velocity
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking you, Robin, because whenever we seem to be on a certain track, you introduce a new idea to divert attention

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Me? Interesting... Any other reasons apart from that?

Fabulous Charlie
07-16-2014, 02:42 PM
My suspicion lies on Saga and Grant, partly because of their lack of sympathy for the deaths of Sierra, Tammie (Asuna), and Nick.

Haymac though, is still on my list of possible suspects. He has been awfully quiet this morning, which is understandable...

Fabulous Charlie
07-16-2014, 02:45 PM
I actually deemed Robin to be innocent, mainly because he voted against the death of Tammie (Asuna), and has been calm and collected since this has all started. His logic makes more sense and he seems more Townie than Mafia. Though he could be fooling me, but for now. I trust him.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
That is true. I take back my accusation against Robin as when I looked for specific evidence I couldn't find anything to truly support my case.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm glad someone else has a bit of sense. Pointing the blame at me has only furthered my suspicion against Grant. He was prompt to vote against Haymac and he was adamant to vote off Tammie who we all now know was a Townie. Unless he can prove otherwise, or Geo/Shadow override my suspicion, if I had 3 bullets they'd have 3 names. Unfortunately I can only use one for now.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:09 PM
The 2 main arguments against me are holding on to Haymac's vote and and being adamant to vote off Tammie.

Haymac:
To begin with, I voted for Haymac because I suspected him and Charlie pointed out some convincing evidence. I chose not to remove my vote from him immediately because everybody was keeping their eyes on him, plus I didn't want to just piggyback. I felt that since everybody remained suspicious of him, holding on to my vote until made sense because those who took back their vote may change their vote back. Also, why would I be mafia if everybody suspected Haymac of being mafia. I wouldn't hang on to my vote from somebody of my own side? I just thought it would be easier since everybody still suspected him, plus I changed when new evidence came out.

Tammie:
We were all suspicious of Tammie, so my want to lynch her was similar to everyone else. I genuinely thought that she was mafia because of her inactivity, etc, as did the majority of people. The goal is to persuade others to vote for who you are voting for because we all thought she was mafia. Also I just wanted to point out that her defenses were bad, so that was more evidence. I was just trying to convince others of the majority opinion at the time.

Also, in regards to my lack of sympathy of Tammie, Nick, and Sierras deaths: Tammie was once of the ones who passed the suspicion on to me, even though she was a townie. I do regret voting off one of my own townies however. Nick I do have sympathy for as he was the vigilante and seemed to think through everything very logically. Also, Sierra only posted a couple times, so I didn't display much sympathy, because she didn't really help the town even though she was one.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
If you didn't want to just piggyback then why were you so quick to vote instantly after Charlie did?

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I voted instantly because Charlie pointed out convincing evidence, plus I felt Haymac was part of the mafia myself. Also, I believed that my vote would convince others to vote for Haymac who seemed suspicious. Sierra pointed out that bandwagonning can bite you in the butt, so I decided to not bandwagon the removal of my vote because we all still suspected Haymac as well.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Charlie's evidence wasn't convincing at all. He made an early judgement on his character with very little to back it up.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Plus with 3 mafia left, and we have our doctor and detective still, I really don't think you want to vote someone off immediately in the day just because they decided to remove a vote a couple posts late.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Well several other people thought it was convincing as well

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Also, Charlie only removed his vote because Haymac voted for him. He was hoping that removing his vote would get the suspicion off him.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:36 PM
No, only 4 of you voted, one of which was Nick and he's dead (and a townie).

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Several doesn't have a certain number. The definition is "more than 2 but not many". Four fits this. Is your argument now based on the terminology of several?

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Also, Nick was a townie and thought Haymac was mafia. Charlie seems to be a townie and was the first that thought Haymac was mafia. So it would make sense that I would be a townie and think Haymac was mafia.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Far from it! My argument is that only 4 of you voted. One of which is now dead. That leaves 3. Funnily enough, the same amount of mafia members. And even more coincidental, the same 4 voted for Tammie, but Nick switched his vote.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Just to clarify: You believe Charlie, Saga, and I are mafia? Maybe we voted because we were the only truly active users at the time.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM
I believe you and Haymac are mafia now because you were the active ones that didn't vote, thus making you stand out.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM
One of you has to be.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:47 PM
At least one of you, that is!

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:47 PM
You accuse me of being adamant to vote off Tammie? Right now, I think you are doing the same thing only to me.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
That's a very defensive statement which I suppose you have the right to be. The main difference, however, is that both you and Charlie have said you believe me to be innocent. Me, and from what I can tell, Charlie, both believe you are suspicious.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Also, Charlie, since you are lurking in the shadows the entire time, feel free to weigh in at any stage :p

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:58 PM
This is true. Let's see... At the time of Haymac the only truly active users were me, you, Charlie, Saga, Nick and Haymac. Of course he wouldn't vote for himself, you chose not to vote for him (I know you were at work, but you still side with him). That leaves the 4 that voted- the same 4 that voted for Tammie. Even though she was a townie, that shows that we seem to be thinking similarly. That also leaves you and Haymac again by yourselves on the other side. So I believe that you and Haymac are the mafia, along with one of the inactive users.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Haymac seems like less of a threat, so I shall cast my vote.

##Vote: Veteran Robin

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Once again, simple logic has eluded you. Let's take a hypothetical stance:

Pretend that I'm a mafia member. Since I know the other members, by default I know who is not a mafia member aka the Townies. If I knew Tammie was a Townie and with the way the voting went, knew she was going to get lynched anyway, do you really think I would put my neck on the line to try save her?

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 04:05 PM
"Seems like less of a threat". That's right. I am a threat. You know I'm exposing the truth. Now to see if the other members want to give the game away or act innocent.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes you are a bigger threat, as Haymac hasn't done anything noteworthy. Also, let's say that you are a mafia member. That's why you're pushing so hard to lynch me because you know I'm a townie that is going after you.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 04:15 PM
But if I was a mafia member that still wouldn't explain why I stuck my neck out to defend Tammie!?!?!?

Fabulous Charlie
07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Hmm...ok.

Here is who I have as potential Mafia members;
Grant
Saga
Haymac
GeoKeyBlader
Shadow_Claw

Now Geo and Shadow_Claw have not commented yet, which is why they're on my list. They are a bit iffy and I would like to wait until they comment for me to cast my judgement. I took Robin off because, well I trust that he is a townie and he defended Tammie and tore apart the arguement that Grant, Sage and I have put together when we thought Tammie was a member of the Mafia. We were proven wrong, and yes some of us may have acted too late, and may Tammie (Asuna) RIP

Grant and Saga are at the top of my list, with Grant being at the top of my list. Mainly because he was quick to point figures to Robin.

I feel like, if Sierra was here she would tell us to take a breather and that it is a bit too early to vote as well. Considering we have more than 36 hours.

So far now, I would like to keep my vote hidden, as I still need more convincing evidence of the other 5 members of this game, but please note, Grant you are still at the top of my list.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Also, I was voting for you before you ever accused me.

Baby Koga
07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Perhaps a breather is necessary. But my vote still stands. I will only change it if necessary. After all the, the priority rule was the only thing that separated Grant's survival from Tammie's lynch.

Velocity
07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Ok I have defended myself to the best of MY ability, like I said, with a doctor and detective left, you may want to think through this a little more as the day is early. My last word is you will truly regret voting me off if that is what you decide. I must go now. I'll be back later. >.>

Haymac
07-16-2014, 08:25 PM
##vote: Veteran Robin

Velocity
07-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Ok I'm back. I have considered robins argument about defending Tammie and I have decided to

##Unvote: Veteran Robin

However, as originally suspected, I believe Haymac is part of the mafia, therefore I shall

Del
07-16-2014, 10:16 PM
In my defence I actually find it entertaining that Charlie has placed me at the top of his list, second only to Grant. Charlie was actually the very first person to vote against Haymac and voted against Tammie much sooner than I did. However, this doesn't necessarily convince me he's mafia. I do agree with Charlie on one thing though, the person I'm least suspicious of at the moment is Robin, his logic seems to make the most sense, although I'm scared to trust anyone.

"My suspicion lies on Saga and Grant, partly because of their lack of sympathy for the deaths of Sierra, Tammie (Asuna), and Nick." I can't speak for Grant's motives, but, sense it seems I need to state it for the record, I regret voting for Tammie. I did actually expect Nick or Robin to die in the night. Frankly, I'm surprised Robin wasn't killed instead of Nick. I was a bit shocked by Sierra's death, which seemed random. But honestly what is the point in admitting to all of this? Most likely, if you're truly convinced I'm mafia, my guilt over Tammie's death would seem like a sympathy play to you. So why should I have bothered when you don't trust me?

I'm not going to vote until the last moment that I can, so as to avoid another Tammie incident...But I have an idea who I'll vote for at the moment...

Velocity
07-16-2014, 10:29 PM
If you guys choose to lynch me, mark my words right now, the town will lose.

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Ok since this is my first time posting here I feel that Im a suspect because of this but let me just tell you why It's because there was a typhoon going on at our place and there was a power outage but now I can just say that my prime suspect for now is either Saga or Grant.

Saga:
The reason behind suspecting Saga is because he seems to be acting dumbfounded and seems that acting like that is very dangerous as we might not be able to know if he's being told to act or is really acting that way, I put my 40% trust that Saga is Mafia because of how he acts now...

Grant:
Now I suspect Grant because he just voted Haymac again without thinking throughly or even asking why he just voted for Robin, now I know this might be a bit off or maybe not because it seems a lot of us players here are new, I can just tell that me, Saga, and Haymac are those to my intel but of course Haymac will be suspect also but surely is acting like he knows nothing of this lying game as one of you have said. I choose 60% Grant as suspect just because he has just voted Haymac again without letting Haymac explain himself...

Haymac will be on watch as it seems he might be fooling around here like how other games make it look like... so I may vote Grant for this but for now Ill be waiting for an explanation as to why I should not vote him out.

Velocity
07-17-2014, 03:41 AM
I voted for Haymac because as I explained earlier, it was between Robin and Haymac for mafia. I ruled out Robin, leaving Haymac. Plus we've been watching him from the beginning

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
If Haymac explains himself I'll be ruling out my hypothesis

Del
07-17-2014, 11:08 AM
"The reason behind suspecting Saga is because he seems to be acting dumbfounded and seems that acting like that is very dangerous as we might not be able to know if he's being told to act or is really acting that way." That was what I was referring to earlier, when Charlie pointed out I showed little, or no remorse for the death of three townies...even if I had shown remorse to begin with what was the point when those who did show sympathy may have been faking. Even if I was to tell you I wasn't part of the mafia, what would be the point as this is a lying game? Therefore making any testimony I make about my innocence, frankly, meaningless as it could be seen as defensive.

I'm not certain about Haymac's motives for anything, and I wonder now if he's actually just trying to confuse and cause trouble, although, I'm not sure if he's doing this because he's mafia, which would be really obvious, or if he's just messing around.

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree, but seeing many games like this in the days, acting dumbfounded is usually the most common way to get out of being a suspect, but since im still not sure of what or rather who to vote for im still thinking this thing throughly to make sure I make a good move instead of a bad one which all of us are now trying to do...

Del
07-17-2014, 12:11 PM
I'll admit I'm trying to get out of being a suspect, which is obviously natural. I'm doing what anyone else would do.

I also agree with you, on the first day everyone, including myself, acted really rashly and it came back to bite us. It's nice to have someone else also start getting involved, instead of have the same voices argue continuously.

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 12:16 PM
well, arguing will get us nowhere and we need to think logically by chaining or rather linking the events that have happened if that could help

Del
07-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Well, if we start at the very beginning Grant was very quick to attack Tammie after I had made a speculation against Robin. Which lead to Charlie and Robin, and to some extent myself trying to calm things down. That was until Haymac then raised suspicion against Robin, which immediately prompted Charlie to be the first person to vote against Haymac. Haymac's logic in his accusation seemed doubtful at best, which made everyone, Grant, Charlie, Nick and myself all vote for Haymac in suspicion. Haymac's logic in his voting has seemed a bit off and emotional, such as what seemed to be a purely vengeful vote against Grant and later Charlie. Now, Haymac has now done the exact same thing in day two, he voted against Robin, which seemed to be rather out of the blue, considering Haymac hasn't even been very active and has therefore drawn the suspicion of and off Grant again. I'm not sure what to think of Haymac now, but I just don't really get the feeling he's mafia.

Grant has been, what I'd characterise as, quite aggressive. He immediately launched himself at Tammie on the first day which caused confusion. He was then quite eager to persecute Haymac, and still is. I initially didn't think Grant was mafia, just because he was so quick to cast accuations, I assumed if he was mafia he'd try to be a bit more subtle then leading a crusade against Haymac to try and ensure his own survival. As of now, Grant and Robin have been at each others throats. Yet, Grant has again voted for Haymac. Again! Throughout the game so far, it seems we always end up back with Grant and Haymac.

Velocity
07-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Of course I'm being aggressive. People have been accusing me so I've defended myself. Also the point is to convince others of your opinion. Like saga said, if I was mafia I would be more subtle.

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
anything is possible in a lying game, dont let others fool you or there might be no tomorrow... you never know whos gonna stab you in the back is what im thinking... lets stay calm and collected okay?

Geo Sakuraba
07-17-2014, 02:40 PM
I say we read again and see if we can find anything wrong in what anyone here has said or acted

Velocity
07-18-2014, 04:53 AM
I will keep my vote against Haymac. I have given my defense as well as I was able to. It seems everyone is suspicious of me. If you choose to lynch me, you will regret it. Goodnight everyone >.>

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 05:13 AM
well, just suspicion but ive got my eyes on everyone here...

Fabulous Charlie
07-18-2014, 07:00 AM
After much consideration from all of your inputs. I have decided to cast my vote.

I have decided to vote for Grant because I must agree with Robin's and Saga's logic. Both make very good points about the actions and words of Grant. Saga's analysis of Grant's character is what has prompted me to vote for Grant and Robin's arguments are very sound and initially raised my suspicion of Grant.

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Im sorry to tell you this Grant but it seems Charlie found out what I was gonna say before I even said it, now I know I could be regretting this but my 60% suspicion stands out for me so sorry for voting you...

##Vote:Grant

Velocity
07-18-2014, 09:21 AM
You will be regretting this decision...

Del
07-18-2014, 11:28 AM
##Vote:Grant

Del
07-18-2014, 11:38 AM
I wanted to wait for as long as I could to cast my vote, but I feel nothing has really occurred that has me any less suspicious of Grant through the current conversations.

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I just hope we all made a good choice of this...

JoshuaMunoz
07-18-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't have a story prepared, unfortunately. But:

Grant the Doctor has been lynched.
Shadow_Claw the Roleblocker has been modkilled.

Town: 3/8
Mafia: 2/3
KP = 1

When all actions have been sent, Night will be put on as soon as possible.

Velocity
07-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Goodbye everyone. I was the town doctor as said above. Anyways, thank you Josh for hosting this and good luck to my surviving townies... Whoever you may be :)

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 12:30 PM
o.o well that was a bad move... may you rest in peace Grant u.u

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 12:42 PM
wait... what about Nameless_Poet? he hasnt posted since the start of this game it seems...

JoshuaMunoz
07-18-2014, 12:53 PM
wait... what about Nameless_Poet? he hasnt posted since the start of this game it seems...

Oh my! He was modkilled on Night 1 but I forgot to add him in the main playerlist. Well, town and mafia are equal right now, so mafia technically wins. I'll let them decide to kill one player though, so that I can make the proper post.

Expect everything (dead chat to living players, mafia chat, action list, all roles on main page) by tomorrow or later tonight (I'm PHT / GMT +8).

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Post it later dude, I cant wait to see everyones roles :p

Fabulous Charlie
07-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Um...Haymac is still alive...o.o...

Del
07-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Oh! I'm sad that it's over now...:(

Geo Sakuraba
07-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Well Saga, theres this new one Robin had made, except its Pokemon Version :)