PDA

View Full Version : Is my Shiny Mew legit?

Baosai
07-22-2014, 02:45 AM
I recently traded a friend for a shiny Mew that he had. Now.. I love this Mew, but I wonder if it's really legit. I think you could get a shiny Mew through a Japan exclusive event in Emerald. It does come from Hoenn and it is Japanese, but I still don't know. The thing that kind of throws me off is that it's caught in a Master Ball. Anyway, I've attached photos, (Darn you 2DS and your inability to take screenshots.) and was wondering if anyone could clear it up for me. http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n617/Baosai/MEWWWW_zps7fb59e6f.png

Grey Fullbuster
07-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes he is legit He was surely afraid to lose this shiny and he threw him a Master Ball

Moist Mewtwo
07-22-2014, 06:50 PM
That doesn't really mean anything. Can you show what the evs are?

Baosai
07-22-2014, 08:56 PM
That doesn't really mean anything. Can you show what the evs are?
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n617/Baosai/IMG_6683_zpsb42428ee.jpg That's the only way I know how to see them. (If there's a different / better way, please let me know.)

Pikachu Belle
07-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Your Mew is probably legit. I don't trust shiny Mews though as so many are hacked.

Moist Mewtwo
07-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah seems good enough. If it has perfect Ivs than it probably isn't though.

Céél
07-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Could you check the IVs?
It's marked as 6IV, and if it is indeed 6IV, it's fake.

Also, being in a Masterball is no proof at all that it is legit.

stormwalker22
07-26-2014, 05:13 PM
It is legit, checked IVs and they are all at the basic ratio of the faraway island mew and has the required fateful encounter and all other information is correct. The mew is definitely real, but it is possible that some program was used to make it shiny and there is no way to tell if that happened or not.

Céél
07-27-2014, 12:11 PM
It is legit, checked IVs and they are all at the basic ratio of the faraway island mew and has the required fateful encounter and all other information is correct. The mew is definitely real, but it is possible that some program was used to make it shiny and there is no way to tell if that happened or not.

That's what I would've said if he replied it has random IVs ;)

With random IVs it's legal, meaning you cannot find any reason to assume it's hacked.
But there's a difference between legal and legit. Legit means you know for sure it's legit by either obtaining it yourself (or directly know the person who did) and/or with proof.