PDA

View Full Version : The Overrated and Underrated!

ThePreachingOcelot
07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Name 1 Pokémon that is Overrated and another that is Underrated.

Overrated: Charizard.
Clearly it is not OP since I can OHKO it with a Reversal from a Yanma. It's too popular. I feel like the only person who thinks Charizard is worse than Blastiose and Venusaur. Venusaur is the cutest starter :3 and Blastiose has GUNS ON ITS SHOULDERS!

Underrated: Kyurem-B.
It is in OU. Enough said. It has a higher BST than most Ubers and has every stat being usable. It has decent speed, crazy attack, great defence, decent special defence, good special attack and decent special defense.

What do you think is overrated and underated? I would like to know your opinions.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Overrated: Talonflame.
Yes it technically contradictory putting Talonflame here as I personally use him sometimes. But when you battle a lot and every team has a Talonflame you get a little frustrated. Unless you have an Electric type or Rock type Pokemon, multiple-hit move or Quick Guard then this thing trolls you to Hell and beyond.

Underrated: Wigglytuff.
Mawile, Gyarados, Salamance and Mega Manectric run away and hide ASAP. This cute ball of fluff is coming for you. It gets Competitive as an ability and should any of the earlier mentioned Pokemon come out trying to Intimidate him they'll get a nasty surprise when they see his pathetic Attack stat lowered and his awesome Special Attack stat raised two stages. Combine this guy with an Assault Vest and either Trick Room or Tailwind and you don't want to know him. Bulky enough to survive Talonflame, it's only true threat is Mega Mawile which if it is lucky can hit in a STAB Huge Power boosted Iron Head onto him and he's out for the count. Even without a boost from Competitive it's pretty menacing only thing hindering it is it's average Speed stat.

Pikachu Belle
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Overated: Special Based Protean Greninja. I see them everywhere. So annoying. Battle spot is infested with them. I prefer Physical Greninja imo

Underrated: Gothitelle. Most people favour Reuniclus over Gothitelle but I see Gothitelle as just a threat. Especially with Choice Specs. Back in Gen 5 she/he had access to Trick to troll defensive and offensive Pokemon. I hope we get Trick on her/him in OR/AS

ThePreachingOcelot
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Wigglytuff is evil. It is almost unstoppable. Talonflame isn't THAT good. I can take one easy. Gale Wings, although it is kinda broken, isn't that hard to overcome. Just bring in a take to take the hit them pummel down with a powerful move. Talonflame's weakness is other Pokémon's survivability. Like any sweeper, any move with 90+ Power will do quite a bit due to the terrible defenses.

ThePreachingOcelot
07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
True. Greninja is fairly easy to overcome, just outspeed it. Gothellitie is such a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some more:

Overrated: Azumarill. Everyone thinks Azumarill attack is brutally high because of Huge Power. Huge Power makes it somewhat average. Azumarill lacks in attack and Huge Power is only there to make up the difference. Yes, Belly Drum sets are evil, but...Just take it out. Azumarill doesn't have very good stats in anything else so it is easy to outspeed and cripple.

Underrated: Shuckle. This thing is evil. Give it Contrary Shell Smash set and you are in for a hard time. Status does nerf this but... its crazy high defenses plus boosting makes Chansey look weak.

DrCoeloCephalo
09-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Overrated: Umbreon

You see fanart of that stupid onion ring fox everywhere. It's slow as molasses and can't do anything offensively. It's completely outclassed by Mandibuzz. The fact that it's an Eeveelution means that everyone loves it automatically and I hate it.

Underrated: Wobbuffet

This thing was banned from competitive Singles for a reason. The only reason VGC Battles became Doubles is because of this thing. IT has the complete choice of being up against something it can destroy and destroys it thanks to Shadow Tag. I just wish more people abused this power in-game.

Victini's Tears
10-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Overrated: Rotom (Wash)

I've been battling in Battle Spot for at least 10 times or more everyday and there's 7-9 player who has Wash Rotom with them and they used the same move over and over everytime I battle with those people ;Volt Switch. And its really,really annoying.

Underrated: Pidgeot

This Pokemon was the famous Bird type Pokemon in Generation 1 and 2,but now so far I've never seen people using it in a Link Battle or Battle Spot since Talonflame replaced its place.

TrashAcid
10-11-2015, 12:50 PM
I believe dragonite is truly underrated

WondoRules!!!
10-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Overrated: Charizard

underrated: drapion

VictiniBlastDP
10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Well, being a competitive battler, I see a fair amount of Pokemon that are used. So, down to how I feel tbh.

Overrated: Kangaskhan-M

Underrated: Heracross-M

BeeMallard
10-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Overrated: Rotom
Only redeeming factor is the fact that you can change the type.
Underrated: Galvantula
Pretty Decent stats, 2 weaknesses, compound eyes makes inaccurate electric moves accurate, but is a bit of a glass cannon.