PDA

View Full Version : Dusknoir Advice.

Master Poketim
07-26-2014, 02:38 AM
I need help with Dusknoir moveset.

I got a careful natured Dusknoir with 6ivs shiny.

My Moveset is Taunt, Will o wisp, pain split, and earthquake.

I dunno if i should kick out taunt, but if i do, dusknoir can't relearn taunt back from move relearner...

I saw talk of a moveset: taunt, will o wisp, substitiute and protect.

What's a good moveset for dusknoir, i'm not sure how to use this guy.

Velocity
07-26-2014, 05:08 AM
I would keep taunt as that can really mess up some strategies, will o wisp for burning, pain split to heal and take down their HP, lastly you need some move that can do some physical damage, so a ghost type move for STAB would be best. Dusknoir is a physical attacker, so a move like shadow punch or shadow sneak would work. I would use shadow sneak as the burn and pain split can wear down hp, then you can priority STAB it. Just my suggestion :) hope it helps some

Master Poketim
07-26-2014, 09:36 PM
I like shadow sneak, but it's a rather weak attack. I think I'll keep earthquake as the stab, such it does more damage than shadow sneak or shadow punch. Only problem will be that i can't hit air, and if i use ghost moves, i can't hit normal.

Ash
07-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Just wanted to point out that if you keep Earthquake, it won't be a STAB move as Dusknoir is not part Ground-type. I'd suggest, as Grant already said, to use a Ghost type physical move. Shadow Punch or Shadow Sneak could both work, it just depends on which one suits you better. I'd remove the Taunt since I like my Taunt users to be fast enough or at least have some priority to use the move. If you decide to remove the Taunt, you could keep the Earthquake or even teach it Brick beak to help deal with Normal-types. Again, this is just my opinion and you don't have to follow it. Take it as a tip :p

Master Poketim
07-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Does the ghost attack do more damage because dusknoir is Ghost? and the earthquake doe less damage because he's not ground? It says 40 for shadow sneak and 100 for earthquake.

ZanTwilight
07-27-2014, 11:36 PM
STAB (Same-Type Attack Bonus) multiplies the strength of moves by 1.5 if they're the same type as the user. Shadow Sneak has 40 power, but it gets STAB so it effectively has 60 power. It's still less than Earthquake, but it has priority, so it's basically a judgement call on how important priority is to you.

Master Poketim
07-28-2014, 12:08 AM
I chose shadow sneak cuz it's my favourite attack on aegislash.