PDA

View Full Version : If You Were Told to Fix the GTS...

ProfessorJay
08-08-2014, 06:03 AM
So, I'm pretty new to trading Pokemon and I thought I'd take a look at the GTS and test it out. I had an extra Ho-Oh, so I decided to put it in the GTS and ask for a Raikou in return. It's a good thing I wasn't too attached to the Ho-Oh, because within minutes, I was traded an obviously-hacked Raikou with an ID number of 01337.

I also noticed that most of the legendaries being asked for on the GTS are impossible to trade through it. Hundreds and hundreds of people are asking for "Mew" or "Arceus" in exchange for their much less rare Pokemon.

To make a long Captain Obvious story short, my first impression of the GTS is that it is horribly broken, especially in regards to legendaries. i don't know what Nintendo needs to do to get their act together, but it probably means adding more filters and more communication abilities to the GTS system.

Do you use the GTS? If so, how do you manage to find what you're looking for? If you were told to fix the GTS, what would you do?

stormwalker22
08-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't even bother with that thing anymore. It is pretty much useless, you get hacked pokemon in return for stuff you put up for trade, and everyone else only asks for pokemon you can't trade over GTS even if you actually wanted to.

They need to make it so you can't request those pokemon that can't be traded to clear up the GTS and then people can find the real trades.

Katarina
08-08-2014, 05:51 PM
gotta love the thousands of phiones where people want those event pkmn for -.-

Master Poketim
08-08-2014, 06:07 PM
What do you want for your raikou???? I am interested in it, I can give you a Ho Oh back for it.

K-Stackzz
08-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Facts like I have a friend whose been waiting almost a year to get Mew or Arceus its not fair that Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Suicune, and others are put up but not Meloetta in it.
P.s Can i have a Meloetta any1?

- - - Updated - - -

Facts like I have a friend whose been waiting almost a year to get Mew or Arceus its not fair that Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Suicune, and others are put up but not Meloetta in it.
P.s Can i have a Meloetta any1?

venxhero
08-21-2014, 07:32 AM
My best friend told me about GTS like 2 months ago and I pretty much got addicted to it xD Honestly, I know people ask for the craziest trades ever ._.
EX: Pikachu for Mew.

Like that's just dumb. Of course you're unable to trade them since they're "special" Pokemons. But they should at least allow us to trade Celebi and such >_> only because I literally don't want mine at all xD

I manage to get the shinies I wanted off GTS and sometimes.. I get epic Pokemons for a normal lvl 100 I got x) I find it useful sometimes to look for some shinies I want. I even got several 6IVs and they're legit too. No Ash/01337.

If I had to fix GTS, I'll might allow to exchange any legendaries but only with legendaries (plus only shinies if they're searching for it)

Victini's Tears
08-21-2014, 07:38 AM
If I'm in charge to fix the GTS,I'll put the summary option because I got scammed once on the GTS,saying the Torchic has HA,but it doesn't.I'm still a newbie that time so I'm kinda careless :/

The Kiwi Dragon
08-21-2014, 11:29 AM
The GTS is too darned broken to fix! :p

Victini's Tears
08-21-2014, 12:31 PM
I know right xD

kileman123
08-21-2014, 04:32 PM
why are those ash ones hacked cause i have like six of em

venxhero
08-23-2014, 05:41 AM
Because they're all perfect stats and has all 6IVs.. That's was I was told and they're were created on a website that was transferred into the game.

For GTS, I wanna be specific!
I want one where once you put up a Pokémon (let's say Lopunny)
The GTS will automatic have all the info on the Pokémon before you decide to trade that person!

So like this: Lopunny *(shiny) lvl 100 Female; It'll show the ability and nature : Limber and Rash. Of course Kalos-born or not.

That would be super epic since I've been getting WAAAY to many S.Manectric with Lightning Rod ._. I want Static as ability and Male too!
Same with S.Liepard xD

Ugh and make it fair too. A Tailow for Dialga, what the heck is that? I'll make that stop and it should be a fair trade after all.

Its just me, but I do depend on GTS to get certain Legendaries I need and of course shinies (: It is frustrating that some people will trade their shinies for a legendary. In my opinion, I'll trade my legends for a shiny since I prefer that shiny over the legends.

Victini's Tears
08-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Also they should make "Special Pokemon" are tradable on the GTS.a few days ago I saw a shiny Honedge and he want Celebi in return.I've one but no matter what i do I could not trade it.What's the point for asking a Special Pokemon in return and you can't even trade it and why its not allowed to trade on the GTS? ._.

venxhero
08-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Omgosh exactly my point! I wanted to trade my Celebi so bad for a S.Suicune (back in the past) and even my favorite Pokemons (shinies one).. They're asking for Celebi, Mew, Darkrai, Deoxys, etc....

So frustrating and I'd love to trade those Legends away but its "special" and cannot be traded. So duuuuumb D:

Faerie
08-23-2014, 01:40 PM
I would fix it to where all Pokemon are capable of being traded (including Mew, Manaphy, etc.). I would also have it where if you ask for a legendary Pokemon, you'd have to offer another legendary in return. No more of this Swablu for Deoxys, or shiny Fletchling for Mew!

stormwalker22
08-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Yah, either allow us to trade them or make it not an option to request if you can't

venxhero
08-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Shiny for Shiny trade would be super nice n-n OH! Even one for Events 0: I know lots of typing and looking up for certain events, but I think it'll be worth it.

This would be optional but eh xD Just going to put it out there! Its not a wish thing, but just an idea. The whole 2:1 thingy 0: So like you're putting up a Shiny Deoxys and you enter: Shiny Whimsciott and Shiny Persian; So That Shiny Deoxys will only be available to those who actually have both SHINIES Whimsciott and Persian n-n Wouldn't that pretty cool?

But entering like Mew and Shaymin for Shiny Deoxys, it'll be impossible :3 Or something like that. It should be make it fair somehow!

Victini's Tears
08-25-2014, 11:20 PM
When doing 2:1 trade on the GTS,the one who has the 2 wanted pokemon can simply disconnect/turn off their 3DS after trading the first wanted pokemon and the trade will always be 1:1,unless you can trade both pokemon at once.

K-Stackzz
08-26-2014, 06:57 PM
The GTS is actually good. I recently (10 mins ago) got a Shiny Level 100 Suicune from a Mareep. I almost freaked. It only took one day. I belive my GTS is good.

stormwalker22
08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
The GTS is actually good. I recently (10 mins ago) got a Shiny Level 100 Suicune from a Mareep. I almost freaked. It only took one day. I belive my GTS is good.

I never have luck with that

Victini's Tears
08-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Most shiny legendary that traded through GTS for a normal pokemon are hacked.Months ago I've deposited my Lv100 Serperior for any level Latias and I ended up receiving a shiny one.I'm sure its hacked because it said it was from Kanto region and you can't catch Latias in FR/LG but I'm still excited though because I never got any shiny pokemon before.

BobaFett2
08-27-2014, 10:30 PM
The Suicune's probably hacked.

I've been trading Black 2 Legendaries for Shinies, myself. I got a Shiny Mightyena and a Shiny Eevee. I'm pretty sure they're not hacked, considering their levels and lack of amazing IVs. Most people who put stuff up for trade are trying to rip you off, but you can find good deals if you're willing to waste a little time looking.

Victini's Tears
08-27-2014, 11:43 PM
I rather spend a lot of time finding legit pokemon than the hacked ones,afraid if it will corrupt my save file.

BobaFett2
08-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Does having a hacked pokemon mess your game up? I'm searching for legendaries to trade for and I don't want to destroy my game.

Pikachu Belle
08-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Months ago I've deposited my Lv100 Serperior for any level Latias and I ended up receiving a shiny one.I'm sure its hacked because it said it was from Kanto region and you can't catch Latias in FR/LG but I'm still excited though because I never got any shiny pokemon before.

Fun Fact: In Heartgold, after you beat the game and go to Kanto, Latias will be roaming around. So a Latias from Kanto is legit. I know they can be shiny as Latias isn't a shiny-locked Pokemon either. So if it doesn't have any odd moves/OT or ID it could very well be legit.

Victini's Tears
08-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Fun Fact: In Heartgold, after you beat the game and go to Kanto, Latias will be roaming around. So a Latias from Kanto is legit. I know they can be shiny as Latias isn't a shiny-locked Pokemon either. So if it doesn't have any odd moves/OT or ID it could very well be legit.
Oh I don't know that because I didn't play HG,only SS.and about the odd move,it has the move Dragon Dance which it could not learn it in any way,its also can't be used online,so its obvious.

Sayarendonia
09-06-2014, 01:26 AM
If I fixed the GTS, I would make more filters. Filters for ability, filters for moves, filters for shinies.... etc, etc....

Céél
09-06-2014, 11:50 AM
The GTS is useful for dex fillers when you want to complete your dex or for pokemon you cannot obtain in your game but need for breeding. For example, I didn't have anyone with a Mankey friend safari but needed a Mankey to breed an egg move on my other pokemon. The GTS is perfect for that (if you deposit an other unobtainable or so, don't use search because you'll only find people asking for event legendaries).

One thing I'd fix is to not let people ask for event legendaries that cannot be traded or make them tradeable. The GTS is littered with people asking for Mew or Arceus while those can never be traded, even if someone wants to.

Happened to me as well. I had a Porygon in the GTS asking for a Unown back when I was completing my national dex. I recieved a shiny unown. I immediately deposited it on the GTS again because I honestly do not believe that thing was legit. No one would trade a legit shiny Unown for a breedable pokemon like Porygon, which you can also easily get for a starter or anything.

Azylumin
09-18-2014, 11:39 AM
I generally look for simple pokemon such as buneary from GTS if I need to get something fast, but if i'm looking to trade my important pokemon I use trade in the holocaster :)