PDA

View Full Version : First Competetive Shiny

Katarina
08-17-2014, 03:26 AM
So today, I was breeding Hippopotas for a friend and I hadn't gotten his desired nature yet so I was switching out the ones with the better IVs while I waited. I was hatching the eggs and one of them was shiny :o so I was really happy. I saw that it was adamant, and I waited until I hatched the other eggs to see if it had any IVs, it had "outstanding potential" in everything except speed, and my mind was just blown xD I know a better nature would have been impish, but adamant is good for him too :3

Anyways xD It was the first competitive shiny I had ever bred, and I was wondering what y'alls first competitive shiny was :) Whether it was bred by you or traded for :p

Velocity
08-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Mine was a shiny honedge. When x and y first came out I had to get an aegislash, I got shiny honedge on my 93d egg. That was before I knew about IV breeding, so I figured I would try again when I got a 6iv ditto. I wasn't even to the point of masuda methoding yet, just looking to get a 5iv parent honedge to begin the process, and out pops a shiny honedge with 4ivs missing SpAtk and speed! So yeah, honedge was my first :p

Master Poketim
08-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Shiny Scizor, traded with a stranger.

Katarina
08-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Mine was a shiny honedge. When x and y first came out I had to get an aegislash, I got shiny honedge on my 93d egg. That was before I knew about IV breeding, so I figured I would try again when I got a 6iv ditto. I wasn't even to the point of masuda methoding yet, just looking to get a 5iv parent honedge to begin the process, and out pops a shiny honedge with 4ivs missing SpAtk and speed! So yeah, honedge was my first :p

I thought about trying to breed a shiny honedge but I'm too much of a hipster xD I got the hippopotas on the 28th or 29th egg :o

Pikachu Belle
08-17-2014, 09:29 AM
I'd have to say.. My shiny Mareep was the first competitive shiny I bred. He's missing defense but dayum he's still bulky. I can't really remember what egg I got him on but lordy I was happy to see a pink sheep instead of a yellow one xP

Second was Ralts.. Yeah I won't go into the long painful story of that. And even though he's missing attack, I still use him :3

Katarina
08-18-2014, 03:12 AM
aw, mareep's shiny is so cute :3