PDA

View Full Version : The Prof. Nick YouTube Channel Hub! (Pokemon Battles, Tips and Tricks and More!)

The Kiwi Dragon
08-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone! I'm The Prof. Nick or alternatively just Nick. :p Some of you will already know me for what I do here as a Chat Mod here on the PokeBay ChatBox. If you don't know me then hi! :)

The reason I have created this thread is because not only do I want your help but I want to help you all! First of all I just recently started a YouTube Channel called The Prof. Nick (you can have a cheeky little gander here! (http://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialprofnick)) and I would really like the help of the people of PokeBay to help it grow by taking a look at the videos I post here whenever I upload some new content. As well as if it's possible: liking them, commenting on them, sharing them with friends and family, and of course subscribing to my channel!

On this YouTube Channel I'm going to do a couple of things and I'll list them here:

Battle Videos:

So first of all, I am going to be doing Battle Videos. However this series breaks down into four subseries: VGC Battles, Audience Battles, Randomizer Battles and finally Viewer's Choice. In each episode I'll have a battle with someone with unique rules.

In the VGC Battles series I'll be facing off against other trainers in VGC14 rules battles. VGC14 of course is the official Nintendo format used in events like the Pokemon World Championships, using Double, Flat Battles, Four Pokemon per side, No Multiple Pokemon and Kalos Pokedex Pokemon only that are caught in Kalos aside from Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

In the Audience Battles, I'll face off against anyone who has issued me a challenge. Either through a message on YouTube or if they are a PokeBay Member through a PM or VM. You can feel free to decide how we battle on this front. Can be a Single, Double, Triple, Rotation, Multi or a Free For All (a variation of the Multi).

In the Randomizer Battles I'll be using a team of Pokemon assigned with a random number picked from a random number generator against other trainers. I'll try and defeat my opponent and their likely specifically picked Pokemon with just a bunch of random Pokemon.

In the Viewer's Choice battles, you must leave me a comment on one of my videos where at the end I'll tell you I'll be doing a Viewer's Choice battle. In this comment must be a Pokemon you want me to put into my team. Please try and refrain from giving me a legendary Pokemon, as I'm not the biggest fan of using Legendary Pokemon. :p

Pokemon Spotlight:

Are you stuck with how to raise a specific Pokemon? None of the movesets or EV spreads working for you? In these episodes, I'll be going over a specific Pokemon in each episode, what abilities are good for it, also what nature, EVs, IVs, moves, items and whether or not it looks cool in it's shiny form. Bear in mind these will be what I find usually works for me. So of course, you don't have to feel obligated to use the sets presented by me if you don't like the look of them. :p

How to be a Better Pokemon Trainer:

Tying in nicely with Pokemon Spotlight is this series. Not sure how to EV Train? Or IV Breed? What about breeding Egg Moves? What should you do now that you've defeated the game? All these kinds of queries I will be looking to address over the course of this series!

Top 10's:

For me you can't have a YouTube Channel without Top 10 lists. Always fun but sometimes extremely hard to make! I'll cover everything from Favorite and Least Favorite Pokemon, Favorite and Least Favorite Types, Moves, Items etc.

News:

On occasion, I'll cover any future Pokemon news that I deem needs to be reported on. :p

So with that explanation of how my channel will work, I hope you will all help me out as I try to help you in the process! I'll be posting any new videos here, so once the links are here click away and give them a view, you'll enjoy them! :p

So that's all for now, so until next time, catch you all later Pokefans! :cool:

P.s: I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it. As it's Pokemon related, but then in a sense creative and at the same time to do with battling. :p

Georgia
08-25-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm excited! :D I get to learn more from the one who taught me all the way from the beginning. Your channel is looking really good hun! <3 :3