PDA

View Full Version : POKEBAY NU, NEVERUSED TOURNAMENT

Lord Of Storms
08-31-2014, 04:44 AM
Hello All,
Lord of Storms here; don't we all just love to use our favorite Pokemon? But wait, oh their not viable because everyone has the same set of Smogon Pokemon. Well, here's to a change in that, you want to use a Delcatty, or a Furret go ahead where not stopping you, just leave the Garchomps and Talonflames at home for this one. I bring to you the first ever NU tournament.
What is NU you may ask? Well its a tier among several others, categorizing Pokemon into groups based on usage and strength.
They go Uber, OU, UU, RU, and NU at last. So all the Pokemon that cant always hold their own in OU can finally shine down here.
NU Tier ---> http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder

-Just Be sure to click new team, format: NU then; Add Pokemon

Here you can view a full list of all Pokemon, just scroll down to the bottom to see, which Pokemon are eligible for participation. Just be sure to sign up quickly as their are only 8 spots available, Rules & Prizes listed down below.

Prizes: Prize Donations, Accepted, PM or VM me for Details.

First Place: Shiny Bronzong, Shiny Lucario, Shiny Yamask, Shiny 6iv Darumaka

Second Place: Shiny Amoonguss, FRE Event Pokeball Vivillion

Tournament Rules:

ALL MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED IN THE DOUBLE FORMAT

Note: We will not be following any of the Smogon restriction on clauses or items, other than duplication.

Once a round is completed, the battle video must be sent to me to ensure fairness among the players.

You may not use two or more of the same item.

If you are not present in the tournament for 48 hours or more, you will be disqualified as the tournament needs to progress through the rounds.

The use of hacked Pokemon is strictly forbidden. If you are caught using Pokemon created from a device from outside the game or modified outside of the game in anyway, your team will be disqualified.

The following pokemon override, even if they are considered NU and may NOT be used

The following Pokemon are banned: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie and unreleased Pokemon (Hoopa and Volcanion).

Remember to use good sportsmanship, as this is just for fun Any participant who displays rude behavior or unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified.

Participants must have a 3DS or 2DS of some kind, a Pokebay account, and a copy of Pokemon X or Y to enter.

Abilities must be the correct ability for the Pokemon.

Moves may only be learned through an event, leveling up, breeding, TM or HM, Smeargle's sketch, or from a move tutor.

Pokemon from previous games brought from PokeTransporter ARE allowed.

Pokémon must all be from the NU tier.

YOU MUST USE THE SAME TEAM THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SWITCH POKEMON AND ITEMS BETWEEN ROUNDS.

If caught in violation of any of these rules, immediate disqualification is in order.

-Once all have been registered and signed up, a time limit will be imposed in order to give all trainers a fair chance, to complete their team.

-All battles must be played within the doubles format of the NU tier.

-Battles,(Brackets) are randomly chosen

-Single elimination tournament

POSISITONS:

1.) David, Lord of Storms FC: 0104 0345 2265

2.) Grant, TheLegendaryGrant FC: 3325-2617-1270

3.)Drew, Sagator FC: 5300 9752 9090

4.)Austin, Austinn FC: 2423-2022-1004

5.)gbr1418 FC: 4270-2546-1280

6.)Tyler, Tylerr FC: 1306-7418-8249

7.)Kyre, Kyrl FC: 3110-5572-1276

8.) Tim, poketim FC: 4785 5571 7720

Velocity
08-31-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of smogon tiers, but I like the concept and it will be interesting to use a team of lesser used pokemon. I'll join. FC is 3325-2617-1270

IBuKun
08-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Yaaay. I'm in!!
Fc is 5300 9752 9090

Austinn
08-31-2014, 03:25 PM
ill do it my fc is 2423-2022-1004

gbr1418
08-31-2014, 04:02 PM
I'll do it.

4270-2546-1280

Tylerr
08-31-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm interested

Fc 1306-7418-8249

KingKyrl
08-31-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm in ign Kyre

- - - Updated - - -

Fc 3110-5572-1276

Lord Of Storms
08-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Well theres in one more position left, be sure to hurry and take it, before its gone, prize donations are accepted, and once all spots have been filled, a time limit of 1 to 2 weeks will be imposed to ensure everyone has enough time to prepare their team. Thanks

Master Poketim
08-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Tim Mak 4785 5571 7720

- - - Updated - - -

The nu list u provided is for 5th, it has like charizard and kangaskhan on it which is not nu anymore, please provide a list of all nu 6th Pokemon so I can choose a team, thanks.

Lord Of Storms
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Well, that was faster than expected, but lets get this tourney started. Like I stated once started, the tournament brackets will be randomly generated. Due to school and distance between the players, a period of 48 hours will be given to have a battle and send the the battle video to me. Other complications between trainers may ask for an extension of time, and this is fine.
Lastly today is August 31, 2014 and the tournament will begin on September 12th, 2014 which is a Friday. The tournament will officially begin in 2 weeks, and a notice will be posted, unless all trainers are able to pm me letting me know they are ready sooner. Thank You

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that poketim, I have edited it so the revised list of pokemon to be used in X and Y is up. In addition as a notice,
we will NOT be following any of the clauses or item restriction FOR Smogon other than duplication.

Master Poketim
09-02-2014, 02:29 AM
i visited the new link, but still having trouble finding a list of pokemon that are permitted in this tournament, can you post a list?

- - - Updated - - -

Can i be matched up against kyre first?

Lord Of Storms
09-04-2014, 02:47 AM
I can post a new link later on in the day, but sorry I cannot pair you up with anyone purposely, as the bracket will be randomly generated

Master Poketim
09-04-2014, 03:30 AM
I'll be playing in the tournament, but after this tournament, I'll be quitting pokemon for good. I checked smogon for NU tier, is it true that kangaskahn nonmega evolved is NU?

Lord Of Storms
09-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Yes, it is true, non mega khan, is NU, so you could use it without the mega stone. Anyways the last part is your own choice, as I have no way of stopping you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors

Velocity
09-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone, David said the tournament starts on Friday. Just a heads up! I can't wait