PDA

View Full Version : Method or Safari;

venxhero
09-01-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm just curious about everyone's own experience and opinion on Masuda Method and Friend Safari shinies.

Would one is better or easier for you? Any tip or talk about your experience? c:

Personally, I never encountered once in a safari. EXCEPT 2 nights ago. I was going to everyone's safari so I know what Pokemons are there. I went to a Fairy type Safari and the first Pokemon that popped up was a Shiny Male Mawile ; u ; so lucky~ (2nd shiny in safari, first one was a Shiny Male Gogoat with HA)

Anywho, I've been doing the Masuda Method for quite some time. I got 4 shinies and hoping to get my 5th one (Meowth.)

Overall.. I guess I like and prefer the Masuda Method than to search for a shiny in the safari. (Couple of my friends have better luck finding shinies in safaris then I do and they dislike the Masuda Method because of the hatching)

stormwalker22
09-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I have done way more Masuda Method than Friend Safari, but I have never gotten a Shiny from hatching and have near half a box of personally caught Safari Shinies, just from checking people's Safaris.

I haven't even started hunting for Shinies there and I already have gotten that many. Meanwhile I have done boxes and boxes of Masuda Method hatches and have yet to get anything.

venxhero
09-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh wow 0: I'm a bit envious and wished I could encounter more shinies in the Safari u-u I heard they have good/great stats (: Ugh I guess I should give more time into Safari and maybe I could encounter more.

Well I know I've said this quite sometime now xD but I've been getting my shinies from Masuda Method with a Japanese Ditto c: I dunno, when I heard everyone talking about a Japanese Ditto, they said it's easier! I've tried with a Italian Liepard with Ditto and still nothing o.o I dunno, I guess I don't give enough time for other Foreign Pokemons beside Japanese and USA ones.

Echo
09-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Every time I try Masuda method I get tired and give up, I am actually trying right now to get a shiny pichu, and in safari I have never got a shiny, I guess I just dont have lucky with shinys but yestreday I got my shiny scraggy in a horde but I had to spend the day on it.

venxhero
09-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Oh yeah! Totally forgot about the Horde battles to find a shiny 0: That's chaining right? One of my friends told me you should have a Pokemon with Sweet Scent and have the First Pokemon in your Party with Compoundeyes, I think >3> I haven't done that method, but its out there I suppose n-n;

My cuzin does PokeRadar/Chaining (he finds it very easy) a lot and manage to find tons of Shiny Claunchers and Shiny Bunnelbies. I got one of each from him n-n The rest he gave away to his friends since they all wanted a Shiny Clauncher ;P A Shiny Bunnelby was his first btw c: Just wanted to state that.

Echo
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I didnt know that it was a chaining, I just use a pokemon with sweet scent, and I also have try the pokeradar but I am really bad at it, I prefer fish chaining I got a shiny gyarados and 3 shinys seakings in one day.

stormwalker22
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh wow 0: I'm a bit envious and wished I could encounter more shinies in the Safari u-u I heard they have good/great stats (: Ugh I guess I should give more time into Safari and maybe I could encounter more.

Well I know I've said this quite sometime now xD but I've been getting my shinies from Masuda Method with a Japanese Ditto c: I dunno, when I heard everyone talking about a Japanese Ditto, they said it's easier! I've tried with a Italian Liepard with Ditto and still nothing o.o I dunno, I guess I don't give enough time for other Foreign Pokemons beside Japanese and USA ones.

Actually for me its the complete opposite. For breeding I always get 5-6iv pokemon so if they were shiny it would be perfect, but in the safari whenever I get a shiny I am lucky if it even has 1iv so no one ever wants them :l

Shadow_claw
09-01-2014, 09:30 PM
I myself have never gotten a shiny from the FS (I've tried ;-; ), but I've gotten a shiny Turtwig from the Masuda Method. I plan on breeding myself a shiny Klefki and Furfrou *eventually*, but I dunno when that's gonna happen. Until then, I work on both Safari hunting and hatching.

BobaFett2
09-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I've never encountered a shiny or bred one myself, but now that I have a foreign 6 IV ditto I'm breeding for shiny Axew. I've bred about 30 so far, and this is my first time, but no luck yet. I'm also not finding the natures I want on any of them.

Lord Of Storms
09-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Well to be fair, I have never gotten a shiny before this gen, and I have played since blue and red, like seriously really >.> anyways,( my brother found and failed to catch a shiny wooper in the friend safari, but later caught a shiny fearow ) but... my first was a shiny relicanth from chain fishing ( not including the lake of rage gyradoes) but accidently the other day I ran into a shiny shuppet on grants safari, and then a few days later, a shiny mankey in another safari, I believe its easier to find these shinies in the friend safari rather than breeding, and while this sort of undervalues them imo, they are fun to look for. On another note, while being able to control their nature, you cant control their ivs, so id rather try to breed my shinies although I have never succefully done so.... so yeah kbai

venxhero
09-01-2014, 10:17 PM
I still don't know to do chaining or even fish chaining xD They seem too complicated for me so I rather just stick to Masuda Method and Friend Safari at best x) If anything, breeding&hatching is my thing and I'm quite patient n-n Sometimes, I don't even try to hatch a shiny and it'll come unexpected (ex. Noibat, Buneary, and Electrike from Masuda Method and Mawile from Safari)

In my other thread, I believe I said that this entire thing is based on luck. But still, running into the Safari must be nice ;-; Oh, just curious.. If you're doing the Masuda Method, may I ask what you're trying to get? 0:

I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Meowth 6IV c: I got a 6IV Japanese Ditto and a Female 6IV Meowth. I paused on my Male 6IV Electrike and have 3 other Pokemons to do. 6IV Shuppet, Female 6IV Lopunny and Male 6IV Zangoose. I'm quite picky with genders u-u Also, there are a few I want to nickname. [Oh! I dunno if I'm gonna do a 6IV Purrloin/Liepard with Limber as well~]

Victini's Tears
09-01-2014, 10:49 PM
You can't guarantee shiny pokemon's IVs and nature in Friend Safari,so probably most people would't want that shiny pokemon.But through breeding,you can get shiny pokemon with perfect IVs and Nature that you want with Ditto that has 5-6 IVs and the pokemon that has matched Nature you wanted.So I prefer doing Masuda Method.