PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] is this a good team

stone3x
02-05-2012, 09:04 AM
i want to know if these two teams are good and any way to improve them
here is my first team
girantina level 100 with the moves earth power,aura sphere,dragon claw and shadowforce
heatran level 100 with the moves earth power,heat wave,dragon pulse and magma storm
kyogre level 100 with the moves water spout,blizzard,thunder,sheer cold
landorus with the moves outrage,stone edge,eartquake,fissure
groundon with the moves eruption,fire blast,fissure,solarbeam
haxorus with the moves draco meteor,earthquake,dual chop,outrage

and here is my second and best team
arceus- moves extreme speed,earth power,judgment,blizzard
zekrom- moves outrage,thunder bolt,bolt strike,fusion bolt
reshiram- moves dragon pulse,fusion flare,blue flare,fire blast
kyurem- moves ice beam,dragon claw glaciate,draco meteor
darkrai with the moves dark void,dark pulse,ice bem and brick break
hydreigon- moves crunch,fly,dragon pulse and rush

if there are any suggestions on how to make my two teams better please let me know

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I have a lot of experience with planning movesets and team building (fourteen years to be exact) I must say first that when you are listing teams use the following format:
Pokemon@Item- level
Nature:
Ability:
EV spread:
Moveset:

Also, honestly it it frowned upon to have a team with only legendaries and ubers. There is ZERO real skill involved and is unfair to the other pokemon. This is why they are banned from tournament play. I would suggest picking pokemon you LIKE and training them to work together and support a strategy that will help you win. Relying on brute force will only get you so far. As for their movesets, never have one pokemon know mulitple moves of the same type. This cripples the pokemons effectiveness against other types. Use held items to boost power, accuracy, etc. EV training is also crucial. It can give up to a 63 point boost in one stat. These teams are poor competitive ly and I would rate them both as a 2/10 for no foundation or strattigy other than attacking with brute force. My winning percentage is 87% so I am no noob. If you really want to get better follow my advice.

messy_01
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey Dragonxmaster, what do think of IV breeding. Im trying to make my Lucario as powerful as it can be, so ive been trying to breed for very good IV's. Is it worth it?

shroomy
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
should put a milotic on your team

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-06-2012, 08:09 PM
@messy_01
If you have the patience to breed for good IVs they are absolutely worth it. A 31 max permanent boost in a stat can mean the difference between a win and a loss. EVs are also what I consider to be nessessary. If you have any other questions, pm me :)

messy_01
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Ok thank you! :)

stone3x
02-07-2012, 06:25 AM
well i dont have a milotic unfortunately

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
I have a Milotic for trade. Here is the info
Milotic- male lv70
Mild
Marvelscale
EV: 252 Satk/ 100 HP/ 156 Sdef

stone3x
02-18-2012, 01:43 AM
cool what do you want for it and im also leveling up these ones as well
typhlosion,terrakion,braviary,krookodile,venuasaur ,raichu,dragonite,larvesta,excadrill,jolteon,kanga skhan,gyarados,zoroark,mienshao and these are my othere level 100s sceptile,emboar and cryogonal

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Are any of them EV trained like my milotic?

stone3x
02-18-2012, 07:33 AM
no there not

stone3x
02-19-2012, 05:59 AM
but what do you want for milotic

stone3x
02-23-2012, 08:22 AM
any 1 have a milotic

Velvet
02-23-2012, 08:33 PM
stone3x, a good resource when you are getting into competitive battling is the Pokemon of the Week section at Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/) The articles are written by groups of people who battle and they feature a variety of movesets and items to use. It can't tell you what will work best for you, but it can give you a lot of ideas, and also see how other people do it.

stone3x
02-24-2012, 07:29 AM
thanks for that half the pokemon there i own so ill get them to level 100

Sting
02-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Not much I can help ya, cause, I don't usually use legends. At least your pokemons are strong

CapnObvious123
03-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Hey Dragonxmaster, what do think of IV breeding. Im trying to make my Lucario as powerful as it can be, so ive been trying to breed for very good IV's. Is it worth it?

I know you were asking him specifically, but IV breeding is totally worth it. I've been IV breeding obsessively for a long time, all of the pokemon I use for battling have at bare minimum 3 maxed IV's. It really does help out a lot with their stats, and it's a noticeable difference between the ones that are really well bred and the ones that end up so so. I ended up breeding a flawless Gligar after a lot of persistence, and it was totally worth it in terms of pay off, as well as feeling really rewarding haha.

CapnObvious123
03-13-2012, 05:17 AM
Also, if you're too lazy to IV breed, I have a ton of spares from my own IV breeding I'd be willing to trade, and I'm also up for taking on contracts if there's something specific you'd like me to breed for you. Shoot me a message if you're interested. There's a list of pokemon I have spares of on my profile.

englandmademe
04-18-2012, 02:31 AM
I can't really help you much, i don't usually use legendaries on my teams other than the one i have on my team now (Victini).

Charizard777
04-22-2012, 01:11 PM
stone3x- also, a good site for strategies is Smogon http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ there's a list of all the pokemon in the strategy pokedex. Click on the name of a pokemon and it will give tell u moves, natures, abilities, and EVs and items to use

Charizard777
05-17-2012, 05:06 PM
i would teach hydriegon dark pulse, draco meteor, focus blast and fire blast since hydriegon has a super high special attack

PokePro
05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Err... too many legends... If you like to battle with Wifi I suggest the use of "Average Pokemon" with great IVs and EVs.