PDA

View Full Version : Trading decency.

Katarina
09-05-2014, 10:43 PM
I am getting very tired of seeing people put up stupid pkmn with nothing special about them and asking for shinies, and legends, and even shiny legends for them. Seriously, you want to trade, say, a regular bunnelby that you caught off of the very first route and you ask for a Mew. I just saw one where someone put up a regular zubat and wants a shiny lapras.

If you want a shiny pkmn then offer something worth that shiny. Offer another shiny you have, or maybe a flawless pkmn, or a HA pkmn as long as the shiny you want is gonna be regular. If you want a shiny flawless pkmn then offer something worth it. Don't offer a regular pkmn that anyone can catch.

I don't find that reasonable. If you don't have much to trade, then try to do it yourself or try breeding something for someone. Go into the friend safari and catch some HA pkmn to trade for the pkmn you want. You may actually find a shiny while you're hunting for the HA pkmn. I have.

You can even offer up items for them, as long as the items are reasonable, too. Dont say you'll give a pokeball to someone for a shiny or anything. Earn some BP and get the battle items and trade them off, as long as you don't need them.

I know that not a lot of people have good luck with shinies or have the patience for breeding, but don't offer up something that isn't worth what you're asking for. And if your pkmn is hacked or cloned and you want a legitimate pkmn then you should tell that person it's cloned or hacked in any way, b/c that person may not feel that it's a fair trade, and then if they found out the pkmn you traded is cloned or hacked and you failed to tell them that then they can report you, and then you get a lovely PM from one of the mods saying you were reported and you get in trouble.

Just please. Stop making trades like that. It's not a fair trade, and some people are gonna automatically assume you're trolling everyone, and that's just gonna make people mad and not want to trade with you at all.

Sayarendonia
09-06-2014, 12:50 AM
I agree. This is part of the reason I made my breeding thread. People keep putting pokemon up for trade that should be easy to get and want ridiculous things in exchange.

Katarina
09-06-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm just sick of seeing it. I've gotten a good many of my shinies from helping people. I started out having only 6 shinies, and 4 of them were in-game shinies, and now I have about 4 boxes of them. I've traded multiple HA pkmn for 1 shiny (i.e. 3 HA for 1 shiny), I've bred for people, but even then I only asked for a breeding reject in return unless that person insisted on trading me a shiny, I've helped people complete their pokedexes, and even with that, I'd only accept 1 shiny from them in return, if I even wanted anything or simply wanted to help.

I also thought about this the other day. If people keep trying to trade their hacked pkmn for a shiny or legendary then why don't they just keep hacking their own game to get everything they want? They already took the time to hack a few, why stop there and start trading them for legit ones? What was the point of hacking if you were just gonna trade it off anyway?

Ten Thousand Fists
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
That's what the GTS is like. You have an entire group of people asking for legendary/imposible to obtain pokemon or pokeomn of high value for crap pokemon like a bunnelby. Makes it a lot harder and more irritating to complete the Pokedex. it's quite annoying

Lew
09-07-2014, 02:23 AM
god bless you

preach those wise words

Katarina
09-07-2014, 02:35 AM
the GTS is just stupid imo. I've only seen 1 person actually admit that their pkmn is hacked in there, it was a shiny raikou at lvl 30, but even they said they wanted a Mew for it. And what makes it even worse is that some people put up shinies, and ask for those "special pkmn", and they actually get them b/c the person sent you a hacked one. I asked for regigigas and put up one of my old shinies on there, and it came in an event ball -.-

I understand that it's just a game, but when you've spent hours and days, and months, even years, collecting and breeding for them, it stops being a game. So when you offer a common pkmn and want something extravagant in return then I see it as you're insulting me, even if it's "just a game".

RedFalcon94
09-07-2014, 03:43 AM
Why does GTS even give the option to trade special pokemon when they can't be traded...... #flawedsystem

Eevee The Umbreon
09-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Why does GTS even give the option to trade special pokemon when they can't be traded...... #flawedsystem

i know its just like you see a shiny kyogre they want a shaymin you have a shaymin "this is a special pokemon it cannot be traded" what the hell Gamefreak?

TigerDave
09-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I think the "no special pokemon" is an admission from Nintendo that they really don't have a way to check the validity of the Pokemon and instead are trying to prevent you from trading those "one of a kinds". You can def trade them one on one though.

Moist Mewtwo
09-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Mmmm hmm, amen sistah.

Katarina
09-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I think the "no special pokemon" is an admission from Nintendo that they really don't have a way to check the validity of the Pokemon and instead are trying to prevent you from trading those "one of a kinds". You can def trade them one on one though.

One on one yes, but I really hesitate with trading with people I don't know. Especially random passerby's, I've had people try to trade me shiny event pkmn that couldn't be shiny. Like the XY Torchic (it was offered to me as Blaziken). If the event isn't specifically shiny or an exception to be shiny like the Oak's Letter Shaymin then it was hacked. Thankfully, I know that, so I can steer clear of them, but surprisingly, a lot of people don't know that certain pkmn can't be shiny :l In high school when the Meloetta event came out, my friend was trying her hardest to find a "legit shiny one" despite my telling her that it wasn't possible. She eventually found a shiny one but saw the Ash 01337 OT and ID No. and finally believed me that it wasn't possible without hacking. She thought any pkmn could be shiny if you SR'ed for one. The person who traded it to her said they SR'ed for it.

Pikachu Belle
09-09-2014, 10:16 PM
What I really hate is bad manners when it comes to trading. Example below.
"I want this Pokemon, give me that item too."
I would certainly not trade with a person who is rude about their request.Like no e.e if I bred this pokemon just for you I expect you to be kind and nice about it. But no.. children these days are getting ruder (I work in a school, I would know u.u)
Anyway the trading world would be nicer if people were nice and honest about their Pokemon.

Katarina
09-10-2014, 07:17 AM
What I really hate is bad manners when it comes to trading. Example below.
"I want this Pokemon, give me that item too."
I would certainly not trade with a person who is rude about their request.Like no e.e if I bred this pokemon just for you I expect you to be kind and nice about it. But no.. children these days are getting ruder (I work in a school, I would know u.u)
Anyway the trading world would be nicer if people were nice and honest about their Pokemon.

I don't like that either. I mean, if you're looking for a pkmn and they have it, then great, but that doesn't mean you can talk to them however you want just b/c you have it. I also don't like it when you post a thread with everything you have for trade, limitations, and what you're looking for, and then they go ahead ask all of those questions anyway. Seriously. It's already up. There's no point in asking if you're just gonna have to read it all anyway. I don't mind being asked about stats and OT and ID No. b/c I'm too lazy to make a spreadsheet, but you can at least read it before you post anything.