PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Questions

TigerDave
09-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Okay - I am trying to do some specific breeding. I'm working on a "perfect" Umbreon-Eevee, but I want him/her in a Dusk Ball (so I need the female). I did some Friend Safari and the Lady-vees are rather scarce. I've gotten some "Relatively Superiors" that I have been breeding with a Perfect Ditto.

I *do* have a couple of very nice 5IV that will do the job just fine, so that's not really an issue. However, I've noticed in my breeding that the males USUALLY come out really nice. The females, however, stay in the "above average" and "relatively superior" but I'm not getting any Outstandings.

Is this because I am Ditto-breeding? I had been expecting to get some decent Lady-vees so I could rotate out the meh breedmom that I have for better IV odds, but I am not getting it. Would rotating in one of the five-IV eevee males help solve this problem, and then shift back to the Ditto later?

Thanks!!

Sakura Mamiya
09-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Lady-Vees xD I've never heard a Female Eevee being called that. Anyways, I think you're just getting unlucky. Eevee's gender ratio makes them have many more Males than Females. So it might just be the gender ratio playing games with you. As with the Females getting poor IVs, are you using a 6IV Ditto? If you have a 5IV Eevee and a 6IV Ditto (Holding the Destiny Knot of course), then you're bound to get a good IV Female Eevee at some point. Just keep trying. :)

TigerDave
09-17-2014, 05:37 PM
"Lady-Vee" is so much easier to type than Female Eevee! Lol - I'm lazy....

So, I have a 6IV Spanish (Ladies go for the Latin Lovers) Ditto. I have a "Bleh" Lady-Vee. I get 5-6IV males, but "bleh" females.

As an experiment, I traded a 5IV male and a "bleh" Lady-Vee over to my X system. First six eggs off that, I get a perfect male, AND a 5IV female!

Go figure. I hate my RNG. Out of all the eggs, safari hunts and gameplay on both systems I have not found a SINGLE Shiny in the wild at all. I think Nintendo hates me.

Sakura Mamiya
09-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Still might be because you got unlucky before :p