PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker Project

SantiDC4
09-30-2014, 02:18 AM
Hey everyone, I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but anyway, I've been working on a game using RPG Maker VX Ace, and I wanna share it with you guys, so you can like, play test it.

Here's the link to the game, Version 1.2b: http://goo.gl/5M4OxM - Warning: About 190 MB

Note* Once you have all the game files, which is in Version 1.2b, you should be good when trying to play other updates, which should be way smaller in size. If it doesn't work in the future, just send me a PM or post on this thread.

It's still in an early beta stage, but I will be adding updates every now and then, and uploading it here If you guys liked it to begin with, that is. As for the story and whatnot, I'm hoping to create a narrative completely different, and rarely used, instead of your usual 'rise to being a hero and saving the world' type of RPGs. I will put in some dark themes, but nothing too harsh, I still want everyone to be able to enjoy it. There will be a choice system and various story paths you can take, and most choices will affect not only you and your party, but also the mood of the game, and maybe even your own character personality. I'm still on the fence between having a preset main character, or allowing you to renaming him. Anyway, this is all just planned, I only have like the first 10 minutes or so completed for the game. Even then, I plan to make it long and re-playable, so yeah. You can change the controls in-game by pressing F1.

Below is the changelog, and the version number. I'll update the links to my Google Drive as I go.

Version 1b
-First draft of the game
-Ends at the City Path
-Still has some bugs and scripting errors

Version 1.1b
-Game ends at the first city
-Added a message at the end to let people know, it's over for now
-Made some changes to the maps
-Scripting errors fixed

Version 1.2b
-Fixed missing RTP error
-Larger game folder, includes all the data needed to play if you don't have RPGMVX ACE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated, as I just want to make this a fun experience for everyone. Have a beautiful day, and thanks for stopping by to check out my game!

Note* If you guys could suggest a title for the game based on what you've played, that'd be great, thanks!

Ash
09-30-2014, 03:06 AM
Haii Santi. I was checking out the game and downloaded it but after extracting the file I couldn't play it. The game just didn't open, saying there's a file missing. Here's what it looked like: http://snag.gy/pWzdm.jpg

SantiDC4
09-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Haii Santi. I was checking out the game and downloaded it but after extracting the file I couldn't play it. The game just didn't open, saying there's a file missing. Here's what it looked like: http://snag.gy/pWzdm.jpg

Thanks for pointing it out, it should be fixed now. The download may be a bit bigger, but once you have all the game data, you should be good when playing future versions.