PDA

View Full Version : How Many Flawed IVs Can A Pokemon Have?

xonymudd
10-05-2014, 11:59 PM
The goal of many pokemon breeders is to create the 'perfect' pokemon. Of course the definition of 'perfect' varies from trainer to trainer. Some don't consider their pokemon to be perfect unless all 6IVs are maxed, while others think that a pokemon is perfect if it has only 5IVs maxed (in the right spots, with either Attack or Special Attack being the dump stat) and of course there's the factor of beneficial natures to consider.

For me, I consider perfect to be 6IVs and a neutral nature. They are my breeding backbone. I can use them for breeding mixed sweepers or physical attackers, or special attackers. However, I digress.

I've recently encountered pokemon during my playing in X that have multiple flawed IVs. So far, the most I've encountered a pokemon possessing is 4 flawed IVs.

So what I'd like to know is, what's the most number of flawed IVs other X & Y players have encountered and if anyone knows what is the max number of flawed IVs a pokemon can have.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I have a pokemon with 5 horrible IVs. I really have to wonder if 6 bad IVs is even possible and if so, what would the IV checker have to say about such an epic fail?

Would it break the game xD 6 perfect IVs are possible, so why not 6 perfectly horrible IVs?

Victini's Tears
10-06-2014, 12:22 AM
it is possible to get 5 or 6 bad IVs.
The "IV Checker" at Kiloude City will say this if too many IVs are bad (after you checked the overall stat)

"And that's quite a disappointing Attack stat there, isn't it?"
"And that Defense stat is nothing to write home about, you know?"
"And I'm afraid that its Sp. Atk is pretty bad, too..."
"And it looks like it's no great shakes when it comes to Sp. Def either..."
"And that Speed stat... Well, it's nothing to brag about, that's for sure."

I just checked it with my horrible IVs Pikachu,Cubone,Carvanha and Wailmer to get all the lines xD

xonymudd
10-06-2014, 12:26 AM
MYSTERY SOLVED

I just got me a perfectly flawed pokemon. The IV checker said she had decent stats, how...polite of him xD anyway, he proceeded to list every stat was good before contradicting himself and stating that every last 'good' stat was absolutly dismall xD

- - - Updated - - -

awwwww, that poor pikachu's self-esteem must have been shot after hearing that :c

- - - Updated - - -

awwwww, that poor pikachu's self-esteem must have been shot after hearing that :c