PDA

View Full Version : Pokebay Smash Bros Tournament!

Sakura Mamiya
10-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone! With the release of Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS, many members of Pokebay have decided to purchase the game due to it's popularity. So, why not bring up the idea of a tournament with that popular game?

So here it is: The first Pokebay Smash Bros tournament! If you are available October 17-26*, and have a copy of Smash Bros, comment with your Friend Code in this thread to enter. There are only 8 spots available, so enter quickly! (As I think they'll go by fast :p)

What you need:
- A Pokebay account
- A 3DS and a copy of Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS
- A copy of Pokemon X/Y to claim prizes

Rules:
- Battles will be in 1 VS 1 single elimination format.
- Battles wil be done within 48 hours (two days) or the inactive member of that particular battle will be disqualified.
- You are required to use your personal Mii Fighters, which are customizable in the games. (This is so the tournament is kept fair, to give variety, and to not have the same characters everywhere.) They are the Mii Swordfighter, Mii Brawler, and Mii Gunner.
- You may NOT change your character once the tournament has started. (This also includes changing your Mii's weapon. Ex. Using Brawler in one round and Swordfighter in another.)
- You may use the Normal version of the default battlefield as the battlefield for the tournament.
- If you are caught cheating/breaking the rules, you will automatically be disqualified.
- And remember, this is just for fun, so have good sportsmanship!

Remember, enter with your Friend Code if you are available from October 17-26. :)

Current Entries:
1. Darkest Antimatter
2. Grey Fullbuster
3. GaryeffinOak
4. Kyrl
5. Nexus Razor
6. GrantTheLegend
7. Holy Shinx

I've cut down the members list a bit because of the lack of interest. So now there is one spot left! Enter before it's too late :)

And now for some special thanks!
Special thanks goes to Yoda for helping me plan this, Grant's past Pokebay tournament thread for helping me write the formats of the tournament, and everyone who donates Pokémon as prizes!

*NOTE! The date of the tournament has been rescheduled for October 24-30! Thank you for your understanding :)

SECOND NOTE! The tournament has officially started (With slightly changed rules), so sign up is now closed :)

Yoda
10-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Thanks and let me be the first to enter my mii's name is Joshua and my FC is 0430-8392-8905

The Kiwi Dragon
10-07-2014, 02:18 PM
I may enter this... if of course I get the game in the near future.

Grey Fullbuster
10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I enter. My fc is 5241-3247-1324 my in-game name is Alex

KingKyrl
10-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Kyre 3110-5572-1276

Geo Sakuraba
10-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I just knew you'd be doing this so that's why im totes gonna enter :p weeell, that and because I bought the game
Razor 5215-0711-1330

Yoda
10-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't know if I can participate my wifi is down and I don't know how long it will be down :(

- - -update - - -

It's back on now I can compete

Qrow Branwen.
10-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Actually I'm gonna sit it out :|

The Kiwi Dragon
10-09-2014, 06:58 AM
I can confirm I now have the game. Therefore confirming my participation! :)

deadlyfox43110
10-12-2014, 12:23 AM
NNNOOOOOO, I have the demo. Smash just.... It doesn't appeal to me.

The Kiwi Dragon
10-12-2014, 12:36 AM
NNNOOOOOO, I have the demo. Smash just.... It doesn't appeal to me.

Then why are you replying to this thread? Just to voice your distaste for Smash?

GaryEhffinJoaker
10-17-2014, 10:37 PM
guess i'm in then

Sakura Mamiya
10-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello to all participants and other Pokebay members that are reading this! The tournament has been rescheduled to October 24-30! If you haven't signed up yet, there is one spot left! Sign up before it's too late :)

Grey Fullbuster
10-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Come on guys one more spot

Lord Of Storms
10-24-2014, 03:24 AM
e.e, welp if it's to help the cause I wouldn't mind winning again. ............................
A Challenger Approaches................
SHINX HAS JOINED THE BATTLE !
~~~~ 0104-0345 2265

GaryEhffinJoaker
10-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Upon closer inspection of the rule I realized I actually cannot compete for a few reasons: "You are required to use your personal Mii Fighters, which are customizable in the games. (This is so the tournament is kept fair, to give variety, and to not have the same characters everywhere.)"

I didn't really intend on using a Mii Fighter. I'm pretty good with my Swordsman Mii but it seems the rules deeply contradict themselves, such as "keeping things fair." This implies there is one superior character that can beat the rest and this is simply untrue. "To give variety," "to not have the same characters everywhere." I can't understand how there's variety when you are limiting everyone to one character, and because everyone is using the same character, well, the same characters are everywhere! Not to mention, I've battled the ppl who are entering this competition a number of times. We all use different ppl. So, I'll have to withdraw.

Lord Of Storms
10-24-2014, 06:40 AM
fair enough, I agree, I will not withdraw at the moment, however I implore snowy to reconsider the ruling. As Justin is right in this matter u.u it would provide a great amount of diversity as we know who we main, and they are all not the same. However it is your tourney, and you may do as you wish. _Shadow

laboaka
11-04-2014, 08:27 AM
So, is this tourney still going on, or has it been completed already? Because I would be interested on participating, seeing as there is one last slot available (at least that's what the first post shows). Can someone give me some info on that, please?

Sakura Mamiya
11-05-2014, 01:16 AM
So, is this tourney still going on, or has it been completed already? Because I would be interested on participating, seeing as there is one last slot available (at least that's what the first post shows). Can someone give me some info on that, please?

Hey, sorry about the first post, I guess I forgot to change it :p The tourney is still going on and it's going to be completed soon. Thanks for your interest though :)