PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Best Starter?

Pikachu Belle
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Heya I recently got SoulSilver, and was wondering what starter to get. Also if you have any suggestions to what pokemon i have in my team then please leave your comments.

DejaVu146
11-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I alway go with Cyndaquil whenever I play S/G/C/HG/SS. A personal favorite and has the advantage in a handful of the gyms (Buggy, Jasmine, Pryce)

Velvet
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I went with Totodile, and I was not really happy with my choice.

ZoruaBoo
11-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I was going to create a thread like this, someone beat me to it!xD I'd go with Cyndaquil, as it's weakness is water, and there are lots of Grass (Hoppip) and electric (Mareep) pokemon that can cover up it's weakness. Also, the first gym is a bug type, so you should soar through, it also has the best stats out of all three of them.

Fizzay
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I was going to create a thread like this, someone beat me to it!xD I'd go with Cyndaquil, as it's weakness is water, and there are lots of Grass (Hoppip) and electric (Mareep) pokemon that can cover up it's weakness. Also, the first gym is a bug type, so you should soar through, it also has the best stats out of all three of them.

The first gym is a flying gym. xD

Cyndaquil. I think it has the best stats and movepool. It's evolution's are also better. (IMO!)

ZoruaBoo
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
The first gym is a flying gym. xD

Cyndaquil. I think it has the best stats and movepool. It's evolution's are also better. (IMO!)

I knew that the first gym was flying......*cough*..... Lol, my bad!

Pikachu Belle
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks so much everyone, I did already pick Cyndaquil but was wondering should i bother catching a sentret? I do like Furret alot but i dont know if its a bit weak. :/

Fizzay
11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks so much everyone, I did already pick Cyndaquil but was wondering should i bother catching a sentret? I do like Furret alot but i dont know if its a bit weak. :/

Well I didn't. I would catch a Mareep or a Ghastly.

Pikachu Belle
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks. I do like Mareep alot actually. Hoppip or Bellsprout?

Fizzay
11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks. I do like Mareep alot actually. Hoppip or Bellsprout?
Hoppip or Bellsprout......Hoppip. Its moves are slightly better.

Pikachu Belle
11-08-2011, 07:15 PM
i dont like bellsprout much either. so far i have my cyndaquil, mareep, pidgey and im going to catch me a Hoppip. thanks everyone! =3

ZoruaBoo
11-08-2011, 08:39 PM
i dont like bellsprout much either. so far i have my cyndaquil, mareep, pidgey and im going to catch me a Hoppip. thanks everyone! =3

Although.... going back to the Furret idea, it's a really good HM slave, it can learn Surf, which comes in really handy when you start off in the game and there isn't many good water types.

Pikachu Belle
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
good point ^ but for my main water type i will find either a chinchou or a poliwag

ZoruaBoo
11-08-2011, 11:16 PM
^ I guess your right, but Furret is still a useful HM slave, even if you don't have it in your team all the time.

Fizzay
11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
^ I guess your right, but Furret is still a useful HM slave, even if you don't have it in your team all the time.

Or Wooper?
As a HM slave, I'd use Furret.

SHINY SQUIRTLE
11-12-2011, 02:11 AM
hey when you get to chooce squirtle,bulbasaur and charmander chooce squirtle can defeat fire with water abd defeats grass with ice

Bluecario
11-12-2011, 10:28 PM
You wanna know something? Just take your favourite and know it's weakness and strengths then you are almost unbeatable! As long you know how to fight with it you can win against an electric type with a water type!

SHINY SQUIRTLE
11-13-2011, 08:03 PM
yeah i know i always beat electric vs water cause i trust my pokemons and would somebody would like a dratini with exremespeed?its legit

ZoruaBoo
11-13-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah i know i always beat electric vs water cause i trust my pokemons and would somebody would like a dratini with exremespeed?its legit

Do you mean you beat electric types with you water types, or the other way round? Anyway, Squirtle isn't as good as Charmander, it's stats aren't as good.

BTW, this isn't a trade thread!:P

SHINY SQUIRTLE
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
i know sorry :) and squirte can beat charmander but your kind of right that charmander have better stats that squirtle