PDA

View Full Version : Aloha

ArynChris
11-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Wow, it's been years since I posted in forums... any forums, anywhere.

I'm not a huge pokefan, or would really call myself a fan, period, but I've found out one great and wonderful thing about these games that means I'll be playing gen 6 (and Alpha/Omega) for a while to come: Grinding through breeding and the tall grass is a FANTASTIC way to combat panic attacks. Since figuring this out, I pretty much carry my 2DS everywhere.

But as long as I'm playing a game, even one outside my usual fandoms (Golden Sun, Soul Caliber, Street Fighter, DDR), I like to have goals. So, for now, my goal is to fill my pokebank with a living Pokedex. Not that tough-- I have a completed dex in Y and bred most everything before re-wonder-trading-- but I want one of each gender. Shinies and regular. And I want the regulars to be 6IV, and everything that can be bred to be bred on my own copy of the game. In other words, this will take me a while.

Not everything can be reasonably found on my own, namely shiny legendaries. Other things, like pokemon with hidden abilities (for breeding), are tough to search for on the GTS or PSS. For those things, I think my best bet is forums like this one. So... here I am.

Now I just have to figure out how to make a thread about this without tripping over local etiquette rules...

Katarina
11-06-2014, 10:25 PM
hebo :) Welcome to Pokebay! I recommend reading this as you go along with your hunt for shiny legends :)

http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?5024-Pok%E9mon-that-can-NEVER-be-shiny-Don-t-allow-yourself-to-be-duped-%29

I'll be more than happy to help you along the way to complete your living pokedex :) Just send me a Private Message with some pkmn you need help obtaining and I'll start breeding them :)

Fox Goddess Inari
11-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Welcome to pokebay, I have a lot of HA pokemons, so just ask I'll be more than happy to help. :3

Layton
11-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the site! :) I wish you luck with your! We've got some awesome and helpful people who could probably to a lot to help out with it.

ArynChris
11-13-2014, 07:36 PM
hebo :) Welcome to Pokebay! I recommend reading this as you go along with your hunt for shiny legends :)

http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?5024-Pok%E9mon-that-can-NEVER-be-shiny-Don-t-allow-yourself-to-be-duped-%29

I'll be more than happy to help you along the way to complete your living pokedex :) Just send me a Private Message with some pkmn you need help obtaining and I'll start breeding them :)

*grk!* Oo. Ow. Thank you for that link. I knew which pokemon could not be shiny without a game hack, but I had, for example, a shiny English Mew... The Pokebank thought it was legal, and my game accepted the trade, so I didn't think twice about it. Ouch!

Katarina
11-13-2014, 08:06 PM
you're welcome xD I didn't know that zekrom and reshiram couldn't be shiny, and I didn't know that Shaymin could be shiny xD