PDA

View Full Version : UNI-TYPE BATTLE TOURNEMENT!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok so one I just had an idea to host a competition of battlers, but I wanted it to have a little pizzazz! I came up with the idea of 18 trainers, each using solely a different type! Every type except was taken into account (Dragon Twice), and then I came up with a battle system to ensure there are no unfair advantages, i.e. Psychic against Dark. I attached my Type match-up chart, so you can see that only matchups like Normal vs Dark (no adv.) or Psychic vs Ghost (both adv) will happen. But of course, to even have a tournament of any kind, I need other trainers! I need one of each type (I will be one Dragon Trainer), so PM me if you want to join! As it gets going I'll update the below section with details of Trainers and where they stand. I'm also hoping for 2 other slots to be filled to make it an even 20 people, so maybe 4 dragons but if there's another type you'd like, I'll replace a 3rd or 4th dragon with it if it's taken.

Normal: truffledude12

Fire: kakari

Water: Dr. Smiles with Kingdra, Milotic, Rotom-W, Vaporeon, Lapras, Swampert

Electric: Papayaperson with Rotom, Magnezone, Electivire, Manectric, Stunfisk, and Lanturn

Grass:

Ice: Whitedragonfever with Mamoswine, Vanilluxe, Walrein, Glalie, Dewgong and Delibird

Fight: Shiny Nidoking

Poison: Diablos with Muk, Crobat, Ariados, Tentacruel, Seviper and Scolipede

Ground: Golindar with Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Excadrill, Gastrodon, Garchomp and Donphan

Flying:

Psychic:

Bug: Thunderpick2 with Scizor, Heracross, Scolipede, Foretress, Volcarona and Yanmega

Rock:

Ghost: bigbadbenbass with Gengar, Chandelure, Shedinja, Golurk, Mismagius, and Froslass

Dark:

Steel: slmj

Dragon 1: Monferno94 with Kyurem, Druddigon, Kingdra, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Altaria, and Reshiram

Dragon 2: Dwlee

Dragon 3: Stone3x with Druddigon, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Altaria, and Reshiram

Dragon 4: fwged14

If you want to join, nobody else is in as of right now, so PM with the team you wish to use, but make sure there aren't any restricted pokémon with you. If you're in, I'll PM you and I'll put your name and team above. NOTE: If you change your team tell me so I can update it. I post the teams so you can prepare for battle properly. The battle match-up chart will not be updated if the Dragon 3/4 teams end up changing.

Rules:
The following Pokémon are NOT ALLOWED:
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Rayquaza
Kyorgre
Groudon
Chatot
Shaymin
Arceus
Darkrai
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
Genesect
Meloetta
Keldeo

You will be Disqualified if you change your team without notifying me or your partner and it affects the outcome, i.e. you win with a different team than you entered with and your partner complains

Also, tell me if you are only able to battle on certain days, ex., if you can only battle on weekends, so the battle can be organized at a time that's good for both trainers.

Be sure to message your opponent and tell them anything that may have changed as far as battle time

Each pokémon in your team MUST be of the type you chose, ex. Pidgey is a Normal/Flying type and counts as Normal or Flying. And all pokémon must know at least one move of the type you chose, i.e. Tornadus must know a Flying Move. This rule excludes normal types.

Dark/Ghost (Sableye and Spiritomb) types are not permitted, as they have no weakness.

For the 3rd wave of battlers, you will be put on a team of 3 battlers, and the team that wins moves on. Not positive yet if you can do this I've never tried team battling in 5th gen just tell me if it's not an option.

I do know that once it gets past the second round, the will be 5 people left. I know how I'm organizing it though it will work out fine, so don't tell me it won't work.

I'm placing everybody into a position, so there will be pauses for the battles between losing teams for 15th place, and the lower placements to make it a complete competition.

Also, if you're wondering why Chatot isn't allowed, it's because you can record it's Chatter, just the same reason it isn't permitted in official competitions.

And lastly, tell me the result of the battle. once the first wave of battles is over I must update the chart and the Trainer Stats, so just tell me.

When we get into the team battles, remember the order you lost in, because I'm using that to determine placements and further battles.

Just a side-note, the Final and Semi-Final battles will consist of only 3 or 4 pokémon from your initial team.
The battle type is TBD, I will take a vote from all competitors as to which battle-style they prefer, majority rules.
Also, as you can see from the chart I only included the first-round match-ups, this is so nobody goes ahead of everybody else. Remember to PM and join!! Thanks, bye!

How the battling will work:
Each wave of battles will be done in the span of a week.
Remember who won! Both players must say who won/lost.
After the week ends, if I don't get a response for win/lose, you are both eliminated.
NOT a single-elimination tournament.

Dr. Smiles
02-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Can I take Water type? XD

golindar
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Awesome idea mate. Can I be steel?

kakari
02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
can i be fire peas cus my thyphloshion is beast

diablos
02-17-2012, 11:10 PM
can i take poison type? :cool:

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Yess everybody just send me the teams u'd be using so I could put them upp!

whitedragonfever
02-19-2012, 04:49 AM
hey can i take ice type

thunderpick2
02-19-2012, 08:10 AM
bug types.

golindar
02-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry I'm going to have to change my type. I really don't have much time to create a whole mono-team so I'm going to have to use a type that I already have a few of. Can I change to the ground type?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry I'm going to have to change my type. I really don't have much time to create a whole mono-team so I'm going to have to use a type that I already have a few of. Can I change to the ground type?

Yepp just send me the team and I'll change itt

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
bug types.

Whichh ones?

monferno94
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
wait, can i do dragon 3

thunderpick2
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Scizor heracross Scolipede foretress Volcarona Yanmega

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Scizor heracross Scolipede foretress Volcarona Yanmega
Okkay

thunderpick2
02-21-2012, 08:34 AM
But dude, it should be no legendaries since they have a huge base stat advantage which means unless a different type user has a vast knowledge of pokemon battles, they have no chance

Dr. Smiles
02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Kingdra, Milotic, Rotom-W, Vaporeon, Lapras, Swampert (May Change Later)

monferno94
03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
When is the battle going to happen

monferno94
03-01-2012, 01:06 AM
and im removing dragonite from my roster

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
When is the battle going to happen

Idk nott every team is taken yett. Try to convince people to get inn

Sting
03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Triple Battle for the best recipe!

truffledude12
03-01-2012, 01:58 AM
normal type please

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-01-2012, 03:48 AM
normal type please

K teamm?

monferno94
03-02-2012, 05:12 AM
I have one new person. Shiny Nidoking. He wants to fill in the fighing type spot. im going to try for more tomorrow

monferno94
03-02-2012, 05:19 AM
2 more people- bigbadbenbass is going to be ghost and slmj will be steel

monferno94
03-02-2012, 05:30 AM
bigbadbenbass (ghost trainer, said he is using gengar, chandelure, shedinja, golurk, mismagius, and froslass

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I have one new person. Shiny Nidoking. He wants to fill in the fighing type spot. im going to try for more tomorrow

Okk. I got all three posts and updated the thread!! Thankss!

monferno94
03-03-2012, 05:24 AM
dragon- stone3x. same team i have, excepr kindra except kyurem

bigbadbenbass
03-04-2012, 02:04 AM
when is this gonna happen?

Dr. Smiles
03-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Is the battle flat 50s, cuz I almost have all of the water-pokes there

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Is the battle flat 50s, cuz I almost have all of the water-pokes there

Yahh I thought it automatically deducts them to level 50

fwged14
03-09-2012, 03:45 AM
I want dragon 4

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-09-2012, 04:22 AM
I want dragon 4

Kay. Teammm?

dwlee
03-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey I got the initial invite and said I wanted dragon and said I would be able to but no one told me when this is happening message me to tell me if I am dragon because I have been training

monferno94
03-12-2012, 01:34 AM
unless im mistaken, wasnt reshiram illegible for this tournament?

golindar
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Alright, I finally have my team together, just gotta train them up now. I will be using Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Excadrill, Gastrodon, Garchomp and Donphan.

andyman32
03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
fitst can more then 1 person have the same type? if so can i do fire?

bigbadbenbass
03-20-2012, 08:15 PM
dude this tournament is never gonna happen. there isnt enough people who want to do it. this thread was started FOREVER ago and still we havent had the tournament and andyman if you want to do the tournament do another type that ISNT being used so we can finally have this thing....

andyman32
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
can you make another fire one for me? I would really like it my team would be:
Emboar
Reshiram
Infernape
Victini
Volcrona
fire form rotom

monferno94
03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
andyman...he is not making a new catergory for you. you have to chose froem what is there

Josh :p
08-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Can i be multi type

The Kiwi Dragon
08-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Can I have dark as I am ready to go!