PDA

View Full Version : Future of Pokémon games

UltraSound
02-26-2015, 06:54 PM
What would you like to see? What are you afraid might happen with the games? Are there some features you'd like to see introduced or welcomed back, or something you want made differently?

I would love to see more of those creepy mysteries, like the haunted apartment in Mauville Hills, Ghost girls, creepy houses...I hate them and love them at the same time!

I'd love if they brought back the ability to customize our characters. They said it was made for X and Y only since it was kind of fashion centered, but I don't see why not bring it back again, I really loved being able to look like I actually look like, in game.

I'm afraid Pokémon Amie or Super Training will be removed. I really like them. Though I'd like Amie to get a bit more useful. Sure you can evolve your Sylveon with it and with full hearts pokemon have a chance of avoiding attacks or enduring hits, but, I don't know, maybe link it with the contests or something? (They'd be at least somewhat more interesting...)

I know a lot of people didn't like that you could only catch certain pokémon at certain times of the day, but I really liked it actually, I'd like to see that happen again.

Also, please, for the love or Arceus, do not ever remove Pokeradar. I. Love. That. Thing.

How about a storyline that doesn't include me saving the World or fighting Team Whatever? I know kids probably love it, but I'm kind of fed up with being the special hero in every single game who always saves the day through friendship. This is pokémon, not MLP. :P

Layton
02-26-2015, 08:02 PM
I totally agree on the story line, there! I'd love to see a much deeper and more detailed plot than some team saying "destroy everyone that isn't us!" Because that really does not motivate me to play the game at all.

I did quite like the character customization except that they didn't have very much diversity except for the clothes and 3 different skin tones. I'd love to see maybe different faces, and more clothes for both genders (since the girls got way more clothes) and some more hair styles. Most of them were all straight, even the "perm". I'd love to see some actual frizzy curls!

I'd like to see more little mini quests between gym challenges. Not just going from city to city, but actually having to stop and go do something else on the way in order to make the game a little longer.

I'd like to see games more like OR/AS than XY. Or/AS was far more detailed imo and had a longer gameplay with those little side missions that actually made the game more enjoyable.

UltraSound
02-26-2015, 08:35 PM
more clothes for both genders (since the girls got way more clothes) and some

You got a Pangoro hat.

I wanted that Pangoro hat.

Layton
02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
You got a Pangoro hat.

I wanted that Pangoro hat.

I got the stupid Slurpuff dress, I wanted the hat D:

UltraSound
02-26-2015, 09:49 PM
I got the stupid Slurpuff dress, I wanted the hat D:

That dress is seriously hideous.

stormwalker22
02-26-2015, 10:19 PM
When full-dive VR gaming is created and we can actually be pokemon trainers

Layton
02-26-2015, 11:42 PM
That dress is seriously hideous.

Right? I didn't like that at all. I wouldn't have minded a dress that looked like something a person irl would wear though. Or a cute t-shirt or something.

finch22
02-27-2015, 03:39 AM
I liked having your pokemon follow you like in heart gold and soul silver. I wish they would bring that back. I know with pokemon amie it's not really needed to interact with your pokemon but it would still be cool to see them tagging along, especially with the surperior graphics of the 3ds games.

Layton
02-27-2015, 04:49 AM
I liked having your pokemon follow you like in heart gold and soul silver. I wish they would bring that back. I know with pokemon amie it's not really needed to interact with your pokemon but it would still be cool to see them tagging along, especially with the surperior graphics of the 3ds games.

That would be neat to bring back! I think it'd be cool to have it like if you speak to them or whatever when they're following you, it'll take you to the Amie screen

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-27-2015, 06:43 AM
I'd love a more serious and focused story. Something that feels threatening or urgent or actually important. And with some twists in the story to keep you playing and maybe make you want to really understand the plot. It feels like a lot of people don't care about the story of the games anymore and just want to beat the elite fast so they can start EV training and breeding and only care for the competitive aspects of the game. It'd also be cool if they started giving new ways to level up. Like maybe after game you can play with your Pokemon in sporting games or something and they level up that way. Something other than battling all the time. And the decision to make the games easier is a horrible decision they did with OR/AS. They admit it's easier so you can get through the game faster, and that's just not cool imo. It just feels like im charging through the game at this point. At least give us settings like in B2/W2 where you got hard, easy, and normal mode, and made hard mode actually challenging because it wasn't that hard :/

Also, would LOVE if they took out that thing that lets you see your opponent's team before a battle. WHY??? I think that is the dumbest thing ever. It adds a different approach to the battle, but it's not needed. I miss Gen 4 where you couldn't see what the other person had. It just kills the fun and surprise, seriously.

Pokemon following you is fine as long as they make it optional because I personally didn't like it in HG/SS and felt they should have let me choose if I wanted the things following me. And several Pokemon made no sense following you anyway, like giant legends or Kakuna or fish Pokemon.

UltraSound
02-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Pokemon following you is fine as long as they make it optional because I personally didn't like it in HG/SS and felt they should have let me choose if I wanted the things following me. And several Pokemon made no sense following you anyway, like giant legends or Kakuna or fish Pokemon.

I totally forgot about this, I loved having my pokémon follow me! I loved being able to talk to it to see how it feels in different environments and situations, sometimes being nervous, sometimes full of excitement.
I can see how it'd be dumb to have a Wailord follow you around the region but really, pokémon doesn't really make much sense in a lot of ways so I think I could look past my fingers and have my giant whale follow me through small caves. But yeah, making it so that you could choose to have them follow you or not would be great.

I'd love a more serious and focused story. Something that feels threatening or urgent or actually important. And with some twists in the story to keep you playing and maybe make you want to really understand the plot. It feels like a lot of people don't care about the story of the games anymore and just want to beat the elite fast so they can start EV training and breeding and only care for the competitive aspects of the game.

This.
In HG/SS there was the part where you had to get the medicine for the Ampharos, and when I found Red for the first time I was super scared. (I don't know why really...a creepy guy you've never seen standing on top of a mountain not willing to speak wanting to battle? Does that not scare you?) But the whole storyline should be more complicated. Sure sure it's a kids game but still! Make it a bit more exciting for everyone instead of every single trainer praising you for your awesomeness.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just dumb on this, but didn't they remove the wifi multi battle thing? You can multi battle against other players with your friend but not the NPCs at Battle Maison. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know that thing exists locally but come on! Why not wifi?

Fox Goddess Inari
02-27-2015, 04:25 PM
I really enjoy the pokemon watch of gen IV, especially the step counter. I'd really like to see it implemented in later gens. I'd also like game freak to add more hairstyles similar to the mii creator of the 3DS or even dyes or wigs, especially white or pink ones. I believe doing this would reflect Japanese culture more. #otaku ftw

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-27-2015, 06:44 PM
I totally forgot about this, I loved having my pokémon follow me! I loved being able to talk to it to see how it feels in different environments and situations, sometimes being nervous, sometimes full of excitement.
I can see how it'd be dumb to have a Wailord follow you around the region but really, pokémon doesn't really make much sense in a lot of ways so I think I could look past my fingers and have my giant whale follow me through small caves. But yeah, making it so that you could choose to have them follow you or not would be great.

This.
In HG/SS there was the part where you had to get the medicine for the Ampharos, and when I found Red for the first time I was super scared. (I don't know why really...a creepy guy you've never seen standing on top of a mountain not willing to speak wanting to battle? Does that not scare you?) But the whole storyline should be more complicated. Sure sure it's a kids game but still! Make it a bit more exciting for everyone instead of every single trainer praising you for your awesomeness.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just dumb on this, but didn't they remove the wifi multi battle thing? You can multi battle against other players with your friend but not the NPCs at Battle Maison. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know that thing exists locally but come on! Why not wifi?

Battle Maison should still allow multi battles with NPC by my knowledge

UltraSound
02-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Battle Maison should still allow multi battles with NPC by my knowledge

They allow you to battle with an NPC against NPCs, but if you want to battle with a friend against NPCs you have to be near them. You can't do that via wifi. (Or I just haven't been able to find a way to do that)
I think there's a way that you can battle with a friend via wifi, but in that mode you'll be battling against other players with your friend and I'm not really keen on battling against thousands of people with legendary-only teams...

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-28-2015, 12:02 AM
They allow you to battle with an NPC against NPCs, but if you want to battle with a friend against NPCs you have to be near them. You can't do that via wifi. (Or I just haven't been able to find a way to do that)
I think there's a way that you can battle with a friend via wifi, but in that mode you'll be battling against other players with your friend and I'm not really keen on battling against thousands of people with legendary-only teams...

oooh well, by my knowledge, you cant do it via wifi. I think it's been that way since Gen 5. In Gen 4 you could do wifi and wifi against two NPCs but i think they cut that in gen 5, so I guess it'd be the same rules for Gen 6. Never really looked into that lol. It'd be great to bring that back for sure.

UltraSound
03-01-2015, 02:26 PM
I would also love to see something like Delta episode in the future. When I finally finished the game and was all ready to start breeding and catching more pokes and explore places I hadn't been to yet and the Delta episode started instead I was just about to explode from the hype. I didn't exactly like the girl who was like...the head of the whole story? But I really loved the idea and I hope they make more of those in next games. Or as DLC! That would be so cool.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-04-2015, 05:46 AM
I have to say I totally support and love Zinnia (the girl who was the main focus of the Delta Episode) for being a time traveling, universe jumping protector of the old Hoenn universe to save her daughter Aster from death. (this is my interpretation of Zinnia's role, inconclusive, but supported if you pay close attention to what's going on)

Yoda
03-04-2015, 06:56 AM
I wish they would bring back the difficulty modes from black and white 2 an easy mode for kids and people that just want to play competitive and a hard mode that is an actual game where I have to try in order to win

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-05-2015, 03:06 AM
I wish they would bring back the difficulty modes from black and white 2 an easy mode for kids and people that just want to play competitive and a hard mode that is an actual game where I have to try in order to win

Maybe an intense mode where the gyms and trainers are like really really tough, like getting through the Battle Maison kind of difficulty. Where even first stage Pokemon are hard to get by sometimes.

mackhatter
03-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Hi no this a abit different I liked the way yu could obtain more pokemon like though Hart the kesh girls and bring back someone like red or a way that the elite 4 would mega 1 time round olso I want mega EVO gyms where they can level with your pokemon rather than be weak and I also a fan of pokedr but it's had its had its flaws also roller skates also adding a second city like Hart gold and bring back a proper safari and mack more events avabilr

- - - Updated - - -

Hi no this a abit different I liked the way yu could obtain more pokemon like though Hart the kesh girls and bring back someone like red or a way that the elite 4 would mega 1 time round olso I want mega EVO gyms where they can level with your pokemon rather than be weak and I also a fan of pokedr but it's had its had its flaws also roller skates also adding a second city like Hart gold and bring back a proper safari and mack more events avabilr

- - - Updated - - -

I would I like a more in tat I've game instead of base bring back the ding club where yu nick your friend flags and dig I also stone eproum like x y I also a different type of starter like the name make a fury and fire or grass and dark or water and ghost also look and 3 types instead of 2 like making mewandmew2 fairy and portion normal and fairy

Pokey
03-08-2015, 02:42 AM
I would like to see more action, when your taking on the bad guys, like we're there running after you or put you in like their jail, and you find away out of all it. I also think most of your guys ideas are great too.

Xessive
04-01-2015, 05:31 AM
I think a cool addition would be different shiny.. Instead of just one have multiple colors? I still don`t know how I feel about megas, but if there was a mega Electivire... and it was Electric Fighting type.. *Drools*

UltraSound
04-01-2015, 10:38 AM
I think a cool addition would be different shiny.. Instead of just one have multiple colors? I still don`t know how I feel about megas, but if there was a mega Electivire... and it was Electric Fighting type.. *Drools*

I would LOVE different shinies. Or albino pokémon - though I'm not sure if shinies are already considered albino...How about half shiny pokémon? They'd be more common than real shinies and they'd have this...almost - shiny looking look. Say, a normal charizard is orange, a shiny charizard is black, and a semi-shiny charizard would be like grayish, or black with orange spots or the other way around.

Xessive
04-01-2015, 05:00 PM
I would LOVE different shinies. Or albino pokémon - though I'm not sure if shinies are already considered albino...How about half shiny pokémon? They'd be more common than real shinies and they'd have this...almost - shiny looking look. Say, a normal charizard is orange, a shiny charizard is black, and a semi-shiny charizard would be like grayish, or black with orange spots or the other way around.

That would rock! Too bad I don't think Nintendo would ever go for that. Another thing I would love, is if pokemon used their actual name in battle instead of a 'cry.' I know some people love their cries, so if there was a switch in the options that would swap between those choices that would be awesome.

Guestgotapokemon
04-02-2015, 04:42 PM
If we are on wifi, it becomes a MMO

Xessive
04-07-2015, 04:06 PM
How about different starters then the typical fire/water/grass?
And instead of picking from 3 you could pick from 4.

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-07-2015, 08:03 PM
speaking of starters, I'd like the next group's final evolutions to counter each other, for example: Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark. Fire could beat the water starter just as fairly as the water starter could beat the Fire one because of the secondary typing. I was hoping they were going to do it in X/Y. And maybe some more bigger differences between the two versions? Although things said in OR/AS sort of confirms the point of both versions are some sort of alternate dimension, so the differences aren't meant to be too extreme.

Xessive
04-13-2015, 06:55 AM
This point might draw some criticism, but I guess this is the place for it? I think that they should get rid of IV's or EV's next gen. Why might you ask? Well it's the first/second major reason why people hack, along with shinies. Removing one of those aspects would make it easier for new comers into the game and cut out hacks. For most new players they won't even understand why their pokes keep getting knocked out.

Also, next gen I believe they are going to be bringing in Amiibos. I would hope that they would keep going with figures, but part of me thinks that they will just be cards like Animal Crossing currently. (Probably with pokemon cards..)

Lastly, I'd love for Dark Void to become something more useless, because it's such a pain to counter it 24/7.

(PS.. Nintendo, if your reading this could you please give Elevivire Follow Me again!? Thanks.)

UltraSound
04-13-2015, 09:45 AM
This point might draw some criticism, but I guess this is the place for it? I think that they should get rid of IV's or EV's next gen. Why might you ask? Well it's the first/second major reason why people hack, along with shinies. Removing one of those aspects would make it easier for new comers into the game and cut out hacks. For most new players they won't even understand why their pokes keep getting knocked out.

Also, next gen I believe they are going to be bringing in Amiibos. I would hope that they would keep going with figures, but part of me thinks that they will just be cards like Animal Crossing currently. (Probably with pokemon cards..)

While I can see your point that it'd be easier for new players and it would probably cut the amount of hacks, removing IV's and/or EV's would ultimately defeat the whole purpose of competitive battling. A lot of people play pokémon only so they can IV breed and EV train competitive pokémon. And IV's and EV's have been made way easier to understand, it's easier to find pokémon with better IV's and EV training's gotten a lot more easier. I think that's more than enough for newcomers.
And isn't the whole point of games in the beginning to start with something fairly bad and through the game figuring out how to do better?

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Amiibos. For me they just feel like money hogging.

Fox Goddess Inari
04-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Personally, I'd rather game freak increases the amount of Evs on a pokemon from 510 to 762. First off, a pokemon has 6 stats but can only ev train 2 of the 6, why not 3 of the 6? Second, pokemons are defeated too easily, perhaps adding 252 more Evs would make frailer pokemons more bulkier and make pokemon more fun.

Xessive
04-13-2015, 04:57 PM
While I can see your point that it'd be easier for new players and it would probably cut the amount of hacks, removing IV's and/or EV's would ultimately defeat the whole purpose of competitive battling. A lot of people play pokémon only so they can IV breed and EV train competitive pokémon. And IV's and EV's have been made way easier to understand, it's easier to find pokémon with better IV's and EV training's gotten a lot more easier. I think that's more than enough for newcomers.
And isn't the whole point of games in the beginning to start with something fairly bad and through the game figuring out how to do better?

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Amiibos. For me they just feel like money hogging.

Well, maybe?! I could see it also make it more competitive too because there would be more people into it. Say they lock IV's so that they have a standard per pokemon, and allow EV's still be gained it would still be competitive. It's easy enough to hit the bag a few times, and get the EV's you want, maybe add it so they could get more then the standard. They are trying to target the casual gamer now, by going into the cellphone market this year.

It is money hogging... but that's the way they are going now, there is a news articular about how they are wanting 40% of what a youtuber makes from posting videos.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/youtube-gaming-stars-blindsided-by-nintendo-s-ad-revenue-grab-1.3010550

- the new 3ds has Amiibo built in now -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2014/08/29/new-3ds-comes-amiibo-ready/

They've done it to Super Smash Bros, why wouldn't they do it to pokemon? It makes sense. and ¢ents.
I'm actually banking on it lol, and buying the current Smash Bro pokemons hoping that IF that is the route they go, that they would have some sorta rare move sets / rares on it.

UltraSound
04-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, maybe?! I could see it also make it more competitive too because there would be more people into it. Say they lock IV's so that they have a standard per pokemon, and allow EV's still be gained it would still be competitive. It's easy enough to hit the bag a few times, and get the EV's you want, maybe add it so they could get more then the standard. They are trying to target the casual gamer now, by going into the cellphone market this year.

It is money hogging... but that's the way they are going now, there is a news articular about how they are wanting 40% of what a youtuber makes from posting videos.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/youtube-gaming-stars-blindsided-by-nintendo-s-ad-revenue-grab-1.3010550

- the new 3ds has Amiibo built in now -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2014/08/29/new-3ds-comes-amiibo-ready/

They've done it to Super Smash Bros, why wouldn't they do it to pokemon? It makes sense. and ¢ents.
I'm actually banking on it lol, and buying the current Smash Bro pokemons hoping that IF that is the route they go, that they would have some sorta rare move sets / rares on it.

I suppose an IV lock would work, but I think it'd still eliminate the point of IV breeding if you're just going to get the same stats as the guy you're battling. The only thing they'd be useful for then would be during the storyline.

Great...I hope it'll at least be optional so you don't have like two choices - spend +500 hours doing something over and over or buy it for 20 euros. I don't want pokémon to turn into your general Facebook game where you either wait months to progress or spend all your money to get a virtual bunny or something.

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Personally, I'd rather game freak increases the amount of Evs on a pokemon from 510 to 762. First off, a pokemon has 6 stats but can only ev train 2 of the 6, why not 3 of the 6? Second, pokemons are defeated too easily, perhaps adding 252 more Evs would make frailer pokemons more bulkier and make pokemon more fun.

I think part of the fun of the game is figuring out how to make supposedly weaker or frail pokemon come out tough in the end. Instead of making weaker pokemon more sturdy, what some people do is figure out what exactly is their strong points. You'll notice most of the time, the pokemon who cant take a hit usually have some other special move or ability exclusive to them that can end up catching the opponent by surprise and changing the game around entirely, and I think that's what the point of it is. I never understood the point of making every Pokemon need to have an evolution or a Mega or beef up their stats because not all pokemon are meant to even be battle ready. Some are just filler. Some are just cute. But I think evening out everyone's stats or improving their weak spots is not the direction they want to go in. It's very much a thinking game and it teaches you to never underestimate what a Pokemon can do jsut because it's unevolved or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

tbh i dont even really get the point of EV/IV competitive Pokemon. Why can't all the pokemon just be equal and the battle be based on movesets, like in Smash Bros or something? Like, I understand that a Dragonite is stronger than, say, a Kingler, for example, but why can't ALL the Kingler be the same strength, and ALL the Dragonite, and ALL the Raichu, etc, be the same individual strength? It really just separates all the players into differing categories and it isn't even necessary from what I see. They may be making it easier to understand the EV/IC concepts but what's the purpose of it? If they got rid of it, it would allow everyone to battle on the same starting foot, and then the hold items, abilities, and movesets would be the only things to really ponder and be creative over.

Xessive
04-14-2015, 04:29 AM
...Spend all your money to get a virtual bunny or something.

You mean you don't want a limited edition Bunnelby..? IT WILL KNOW DRAIN RAGE!!!!!

Inan
04-14-2015, 08:44 AM

This sounds interesting. While the most common speculation I hear involves scrapping the IV system, that could create problems when transferring older pokemon into your games, since they are already IV'd. Any future pokemon games will have to be compatible with PokeBank, so that presents problems. Increasing EV's, however, would make IV's less important, which seems in line with the direction of accessibility they have been moving in.

For a long time now, I have expected them to make event pokemon available as paid DLC. This would help cut down on hacks, as well as be a nice cash grab for the company. It's not necessarily a direction I would like to see them take, but I probably wouldn't object too much if they did.

UltraSound
04-14-2015, 10:42 AM
tbh i dont even really get the point of EV/IV competitive Pokemon. Why can't all the pokemon just be equal and the battle be based on movesets, like in Smash Bros or something? Like, I understand that a Dragonite is stronger than, say, a Kingler, for example, but why can't ALL the Kingler be the same strength, and ALL the Dragonite, and ALL the Raichu, etc, be the same individual strength? It really just separates all the players into differing categories and it isn't even necessary from what I see. They may be making it easier to understand the EV/IC concepts but what's the purpose of it? If they got rid of it, it would allow everyone to battle on the same starting foot, and then the hold items, abilities, and movesets would be the only things to really ponder and be creative over.

I think it's fun when I can beat a pokémon that's considered stronger than what I'm using, and I'm beating it only because my pokémon had a better training. It gives me the feeling that I worked hard with my pokémon to be able to do that, I didn't beat them just because my pokémon has better base stats than the one I'm battling. If they got rid of IV's, I don't think moves would really matter, the only thing that'd ultimately decide who wins are the base stats of the teams. The only thing that'd matter is what pokémon you have with you.
For me the purpose is fun. It's a nice feeling when you finally get that pokémon with good stats and can begin training it. I think the IV and EV system teaches that you have to work to get what you want.
While there's a lot of moves and new ones still being added through every game, I think people would just get stuck with certain item-ability-moveset combinations, and it's fairly common already. With IV's and EV's you can decide yourself if your pokémon is defensive or offensive type, or maybe both or something else. You're not stuck with what the game developers decided, you can break the rules.

You mean you don't want a limited edition Bunnelby..? IT WILL KNOW DRAIN RAGE!!!!!

Nope. And in the end, people will breed the move and pass the drain rage bunnelby around and soon everyone will have one.

Fox Goddess Inari
04-14-2015, 03:37 PM
The IV and EV system is game freaks' simplified version of genetics. No two humans are genetically equal, the same applies to animals. If pokemons were real, a virus strain that have mutated solely for the dragonite species, would completely decimate, because everyone is the same, no genetical diversities, no resistances.
Removing IVs would be detrimental to pokemon, what reasons would players have to trade? All trading would be done in the name of dex completion. There would also be no reason to breed either. I agree that removing IVs would help reduce hacks, but supposed persons try to hack for IVs? Some hackers only hack to stand out from the crowd.
I doubt it would completely eradicate hacking to be honest and I'm sure game freak have heard all these arguments against IVs already. They know removing it would cause an inevitable backlash of quitting players, hence why IVs and shinyness still exist, from now and beyond. :)

chuwachuwa
04-14-2015, 04:15 PM
I would like to have it where Pokemon follow you, I really enjoyed that in Heartgold and Soulsilver and I would like to see it in another Pokemon game and have a legendary in the game were it is shiny so you don't have to soft reset like the shiny Gyarados in Heartgold and Soulsilver. I would also like to see more personalisation of your character like in X and Y.

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-14-2015, 05:09 PM
This sounds interesting. While the most common speculation I hear involves scrapping the IV system, that could create problems when transferring older pokemon into your games, since they are already IV'd. Any future pokemon games will have to be compatible with PokeBank, so that presents problems. Increasing EV's, however, would make IV's less important, which seems in line with the direction of accessibility they have been moving in.

For a long time now, I have expected them to make event pokemon available as paid DLC. This would help cut down on hacks, as well as be a nice cash grab for the company. It's not necessarily a direction I would like to see them take, but I probably wouldn't object too much if they did.

I don't think the IV thing would be a problem in transfers. Just like how when the Abilities of Pokemon change from gen to gen, when transferred, the ability changes to the new one, so with IVs, it'd just disappear altogether to whatever standards are in the current game. I don't think they're cutting on the IV system because they made it even easier to do this Gen thanks to Destiny Knot. They seem to be making it easier to get into competitive play.

- - - Updated - - -

The IV and EV system is game freaks' simplified version of genetics. No two humans are genetically equal, the same applies to animals. If pokemons were real, a virus strain that have mutated solely for the dragonite species, would completely decimate, because everyone is the same, no genetical diversities, no resistances.
Removing IVs would be detrimental to pokemon, what reasons would players have to trade? All trading would be done in the name of dex completion. There would also be no reason to breed either. I agree that removing IVs would help reduce hacks, but supposed persons try to hack for IVs? Some hackers only hack to stand out from the crowd.
I doubt it would completely eradicate hacking to be honest and I'm sure game freak have heard all these arguments against IVs already. They know removing it would cause an inevitable backlash of quitting players, hence why IVs and shinyness still exist, from now and beyond. :)

I definitely wouldn't say it'd be detrimental to Pokemon. In fact, removing the overobsession of making Pokemon superior to one another thanks to usually randomized IVs, and leaving the final results up to actual thought and prediction and skill might really be what draws people in. I don't think too many people love EV/IV training, regardless how easy it is this gen. I think if they remove those aspects, then it'd be like, everyone is at their max values of efforts and experience, and it's all down to what really matters, the battle. I dont see how it would affect trading because of breed only or event only moves and pokemon. It would cut it down, yes, but it wouldn't cut out the need of breeding. But I do get the genetics thing they are doing, I just find it causes some to focus on one aspect and then ignore other battling situations as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=UltraSound;69580]I think it's fun when I can beat a pokémon that's considered stronger than what I'm using, and I'm beating it only because my pokémon had a better training. It gives me the feeling that I worked hard with my pokémon to be able to do that, I didn't beat them just because my pokémon has better base stats than the one I'm battling. If they got rid of IV's, I don't think moves would really matter, the only thing that'd ultimately decide who wins are the base stats of the teams. The only thing that'd matter is what pokémon you have with you.
For me the purpose is fun. It's a nice feeling when you finally get that pokémon with good stats and can begin training it. I think the IV and EV system teaches that you have to work to get what you want.
While there's a lot of moves and new ones still being added through every game, I think people would just get stuck with certain item-ability-moveset combinations, and it's fairly common already. With IV's and EV's you can decide yourself if your pokémon is defensive or offensive type, or maybe both or something else. You're not stuck with what the game developers decided, you can break the rules.

I don't think at all if would limit battling to the Pokemon in your team as the winner or the base stat. I hate to bring this up, but, if you recall the VGC match of Se Jun who used a Pachirisu to wreck teams, Pachirisu is not at all a contender to top base stat Pokemon, but it was able to handle moves from a Mega Tyranitar and a Salamence, at the same time, and with assistance from Pokemon like Rotom-G and Garchomp, it won the match. This doesn't make Pachirisu a strong Pokemon, but it's the point that stats aren't always the focus of a match. Moves would be all the more important, so example, Pachi using Electric Terrain and Follow Me so that all moves not only were forced to hit it, but they were turned into Electric moves, which only healed it because of it's Volt Absorb Ability. On this site alone I've seen weaker Pokemon outsmart more powerful foes, and there's always stat altering moves like Swords Dance and Quiver Dance and Cosmic Power majorly assist. You do bring up you can control what stats you increase thanks to IV and EV training, which is a great point, but it isn't entirely up to you, like things like a Special A Machamp or a Speedy Slowbro will never happen, so it's still ultimately the designers who make the rules.

Fox Goddess Inari
04-14-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't think the IV thing would be a problem in transfers. Just like how when the Abilities of Pokemon change from gen to gen, when transferred, the ability changes to the new one, so with IVs, it'd just disappear altogether to whatever standards are in the current game. I don't think they're cutting on the IV system because they made it even easier to do this Gen thanks to Destiny Knot. They seem to be making it easier to get into competitive play.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely wouldn't say it'd be detrimental to Pokemon. In fact, removing the overobsession of making Pokemon superior to one another thanks to usually randomized IVs, and leaving the final results up to actual thought and prediction and skill might really be what draws people in. I don't think too many people love EV/IV training, regardless how easy it is this gen. I think if they remove those aspects, then it'd be like, everyone is at their max values of efforts and experience, and it's all down to what really matters, the battle. I dont see how it would affect trading because of breed only or event only moves and pokemon. It would cut it down, yes, but it wouldn't cut out the need of breeding. But I do get the genetics thing they are doing, I just find it causes some to focus on one aspect and then ignore other battling situations as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=UltraSound;69580]I think it's fun when I can beat a pokémon that's considered stronger than what I'm using, and I'm beating it only because my pokémon had a better training. It gives me the feeling that I worked hard with my pokémon to be able to do that, I didn't beat them just because my pokémon has better base stats than the one I'm battling. If they got rid of IV's, I don't think moves would really matter, the only thing that'd ultimately decide who wins are the base stats of the teams. The only thing that'd matter is what pokémon you have with you.

I don't think at all if would limit battling to the Pokemon in your team as the winner or the base stat. I hate to bring this up, but, if you recall the VGC match of Se Jun who used a Pachirisu to wreck teams, Pachirisu is not at all a contender to top base stat Pokemon, but it was able to handle moves from a Mega Tyranitar and a Salamence, at the same time, and with assistance from Pokemon like Rotom-G and Garchomp, it won the match. This doesn't make Pachirisu a strong Pokemon, but it's the point that stats aren't always the focus of a match. Moves would be all the more important, so example, Pachi using Electric Terrain and Follow Me so that all moves not only were forced to hit it, but they were turned into Electric moves, which only healed it because of it's Volt Absorb Ability. On this site alone I've seen weaker Pokemon outsmart more powerful foes, and there's always stat altering moves like Swords Dance and Quiver Dance and Cosmic Power majorly assist. You do bring up you can control what stats you increase thanks to IV and EV training, which is a great point, but it isn't entirely up to you, like things like a Special A Machamp or a Speedy Slowbro will never happen, so it's still ultimately the designers who make the rules.

I must say, you made an excellent point there, perhaps IVs aren't all that but what about the hidden power system. Some pokemons are blessed with great stats, abilities or typing but cursed with a shallow move pool, sometimes forcing them to rely on hidden power for coverage, what would become of pokemons like for example latios who's walled by ferrothorn or scizor?

On another note I'd like in later generations, players can choose to get around the region on our party pokemons similar to riding skiddos in pokemon x and y. That would be so cool, riding a rapidash or raikou all over da place. :3

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-14-2015, 07:36 PM
I must say, you made an excellent point there, perhaps IVs aren't all that but what about the hidden power system. Some pokemons are blessed with great stats, abilities or typing but cursed with a shallow move pool, sometimes forcing them to rely on hidden power for coverage, what would become of pokemons like for example latios who's walled by ferrothorn or scizor?

On another note I'd like in later generations, players can choose to get around the region on our party pokemons similar to riding skiddos in pokemon x and y. That would be so cool, riding a rapidash or raikou all over da place. :3[/QUOTE]

Good catch on the IV/HP thing, but I don't think that'd be a problem either. As mentioned before, Pokemon with one ability one gen, for example, Chandelure had, I think, HA Shadow Tag, and this Gen it was changed to Infiltrator. So, if you somehow got HA Chandelure in Gen 5 (impossible without hacking) then, transferring it to Gen 6 would force it into Infiltrator. It'd be simple for them to find a new method of determining HP if IVs were removed, like how they found a new way to evolve Feebas for Gen 5 when contests were gone.

Xessive
04-14-2015, 11:54 PM

On another note I'd like in later generations, players can choose to get around the region on our party pokemons similar to riding skiddos in pokemon x and y. That would be so cool, riding a rapidash or raikou all over da place. :3

Good catch on the IV/HP thing, but I don't think that'd be a problem either. As mentioned before, Pokemon with one ability one gen, for example, Chandelure had, I think, HA Shadow Tag, and this Gen it was changed to Infiltrator. So, if you somehow got HA Chandelure in Gen 5 (impossible without hacking) then, transferring it to Gen 6 would force it into Infiltrator. It'd be simple for them to find a new method of determining HP if IVs were removed, like how they found a new way to evolve Feebas for Gen 5 when contests were gone.[/QUOTE]

Hidden Power systems are easy to fix: Set a base power and keep it normal? Or just remove it? We're talking about one move here. Walls are no biggy.. Just because it's walled by one, doesn't mean it's wallled by all, and really one should have coverage for just in case moments. One can still wipe out a stronger pokemon with stronger EV's and if they added more power to them ...Even make the STAB stronger..?

-------------

Riding pokemon was actually pretty fun.

------------

Here's another strong topic: What about removing HM's and make them TM's?

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Hidden Power is definitely a big deal. It's fairly crucial for many both competitive and non competitive. Making it Normal would ruin its entire purpose. I hope they NEVER do that. But connecting it with IVs can be switched to something else instead. It could just be entirely random, which would tick many competitive people off, or they could just invent some other method. I think STAB is at a level currently that makes it fair. Where it isn't TOO much more power, but just enough to make you think if it's worth it to add to your set or not.

Xessive
04-15-2015, 02:15 AM
I've used hidden power ONCE on my teams... and it's not the most important thing on my team. I won't fall apart with or without it. Maybe they could attach it to use of an item. Need HP ice? bang, eat an ice cream cone. Need HP grass? Well there's a plant for that. Easy fix.

The only thing "important" about Hidden Power is Unown. and how 'rare' that pokemon is. You'd think they would of gave it another move by now. Crafty Shield? Misty Terrain? Ally Switch? Cosmic Power? Imprison? ...Nope. Just Hidden Power. That's what they can do for next gen.

Xessive
04-16-2015, 06:21 PM
What about removing HM's and make them all TM's?

Layton
04-17-2015, 01:27 AM
What about removing HM's and make them all TM's?

I think they should stay as they've always been non-deletable to add a little extra challenge.

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-17-2015, 02:45 AM
I think they should stay as they've always been non-deletable to add a little extra challenge.

Yeah, the fact that HMs are needed to get through the game, and are consistently not easily to delete, I think is purposely done to provide a challenge of sorts. An unnecessary one, perhaps, but one I've kind of grown to just get used to and don't mind. It's kind of the fun of it, imo.

UltraSound
06-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Does anyone miss the mail thing you can put on your pokémon with a message on it? It's a little useless sure, but it was fun! I'd like to see mail back again.

Geo Sakuraba
06-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Does anyone miss the mail thing you can put on your pokémon with a message on it? It's a little useless sure, but it was fun! I'd like to see mail back again.

I've NEVER, I say, NEVER tried the mail thing my whole entire life and I need it. I want to try the mail thing. e.e

Inan
06-29-2015, 10:24 AM
I actually think mail would be interesting combined with wonder trade. Send random notes to random people, or some tactical notes on how to use some of my weirder breeding creations. (Current project: Counter/Focus Sash Charizard - Try spamming Rock Slide now, Choice Scarf Landorus!)

UltraSound
06-29-2015, 11:52 AM
I actually think mail would be interesting combined with wonder trade. Send random notes to random people, or some tactical notes on how to use some of my weirder breeding creations. (Current project: Counter/Focus Sash Charizard - Try spamming Rock Slide now, Choice Scarf Landorus!)

Sounds cool! :D
I think I'd just spam the Wonder Trade full of Duckletts and Psyducks with the mail saying "ducks". I'd also love to be able to hint where some rare items like megastones are hidden! Or just wish random people a nice day. :3

PikachuXYZ
02-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Here is what I want
Ash-Greninja Mechanic
Grass/Fairy Celebi
Mega Roserade
Wild eggs
Pygmy sub species
And bump

UltraSound
02-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Wild eggs

Because I didn't feel awful enough already about forcing my pets to fight others and capturing them from the wild against their will, why not also steal the eggs you find in the wild? ;)
While I actually like this idea a lot in theory, I think it's something that might encourage similar behaviour in real life because there are younger people playing who might not understand that it's not ok to go bother a real birds nest or something like that.

Pygmy sub species

That's sort if implemented already with Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, but I'd like to see other pokémon with different sizes too!

Ash
02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
That's sort if implemented already with Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, but I'd like to see other pokémon with different sizes too!

Like super size fat Vaperon and then then another fat Vaperon but mini sized.

S.A. Natsu
02-06-2016, 10:50 PM

e-e kb, get help.

WondoRules!!!
02-06-2016, 11:16 PM
e-e kb, get help.

Haha lol

Yoda
02-06-2016, 11:27 PM

Yeah like in monster hunter

UltraSound
02-07-2016, 10:26 AM

I approve of this.

WondoRules!!!
02-07-2016, 04:54 PM
I approve of this.

Omg! Lol

Ash
02-07-2016, 06:33 PM
e-e kb, get help.

Ultra approves, therefore I'm not the only one who needs help kbai

S.A. Natsu
02-08-2016, 03:08 AM
Ultra approves, therefore I'm not the only one who needs help kbai

Ultra has been in the mental asylum with Kiwi for years. We already knew about Ultra's psychosis. *distracts you with big, fancy words while guards in white coats sneak up behind you with a long needle*

kbai

Yoda
02-08-2016, 07:02 AM
Ultra has been in the mental asylum with Kiwi for years. We already knew about Ultra's psychosis. *distracts you with big, fancy words while guards in white coats sneak up behind you with a long needle*

kbai

Oh snap

UltraSound
02-08-2016, 12:27 PM
I am a rude butthead who wears socks with sandals and touches door handles with wet hands

Yeah that seems about right.
I think I've made it clear that the magical disappearance of mine was due to travelling the world as a duck. Now let's get back to the topic of the thread, thank you :P

So the topic of a more serious storyline has been brought up a couple of times. What would you suggest for it? We've seen the saving the world thing and evil organizations. Those are pretty straight forward ideas for an exiting story, but I'm sure there could be more, something that we haven't seen yet. (Keeping in mind we're talking about a kids game here so that's our limit here)

Inari
02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
We should get a more darker storyline with more adult themes but have it like an option in the game. Say you can play the lighter, happier story or a dark maybe even violent storyline.. I've been playing a Pokemon rom hack called Pokemon Reborn and I'd just love if there was a main game that had a more darker storyline. I know it may be aimed at children but most of the people who play it are pretty much adults xD

S.A. Natsu
02-09-2016, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=UltraSound;72733]Yeah that seems about right.

*speaks like Homer Simpson* "Why you little!"

<-< on another topic... I think the story of the games has been pretty mature. The mafia, destroying Earth, using a God complex to erase the universe, killing the population of people not deemed worthy or beautiful enough, global manipulation. Pretty heavy topics every generation. We even got a multiverse going on. Not exactly kid stuff. I guess it's the way they go about it that is essentially repetitive, but the main fault of that is the series itself. It's people running around with six monster battling each other in a turn based fashion for money and glory. Not a fighting game or an action game or shoot em up or hack and slash. I think the point of the game itself is what limits it to being able to only be but so much, and other things like it being for kids and etc comes later, but on a much smaller scale.

UltraSound
02-09-2016, 11:20 AM
^ I agree with that, those are pretty mature and dark themes, but the execution has been brought down to a "for kids" level. Not as exciting. I know twists have been brought up before, maybe a situation where we'd be forced to lose? Like, your rival gets involved with some not-up-to-good people, their pokémon receive some godlike powers and are then able to beat you. The first 3 rival battles would be just normal, you easily beating them up and them getting more and more frustrated. And then boom. You have no chances of winning and you're beaten down.
Other stuff that scares me or can easily catch me by surprise is encountering things that I would've never expected, something that's not supposed to be like that. If the rival's pokémon would be like level 500 or something I would probably just stare at the screen for a while just baffled.
And yeah, pokémon is kind of stuck with that "running around with six monster battling each other in a turn based fashion for money and glory" like CGBM said, but it doesn't mean it couldn't come up with something new. Like, bring the riding pokémon thing to a new level - just call out your skiddo and ride that. Feature multiple ridable pokémon with different abilities, one could go super fast while one could jump over cliffs. Also sidequests to make the main story last longer. I loved (and at the same time hated) the whole braille thing with the legendary golems. You'd actually have to DO something other than go from place A to B or just fight some dudes a couple of times.

EDIT: I also just realized that you can't replay the games without saving like you were able to in the previous generations, you need to reset the whole game in order to play again. That sucks and should be brought back.
Oh, and make legendaries more special. In ORAS you could pretty much wander in a random cave and go "oh dang mewtwo", visit a shipwreck and go "oh dang ho-oh/lugia", fart around the sky and go "oh dang LIKE A 100 DIFFERENT LEGENDARIES". And by making them more special I don't mean releasing events only in Japan so it's a pain for everyone else to get them, I mean make us work for them in game. Like the golem trio.

S.A. Natsu
02-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Oh, and make legendaries more special. In ORAS you could pretty much wander in a random cave and go "oh dang mewtwo", visit a shipwreck and go "oh dang ho-oh/lugia", fart around the sky and go "oh dang LIKE A 100 DIFFERENT LEGENDARIES". And by making them more special I don't mean releasing events only in Japan so it's a pain for everyone else to get them, I mean make us work for them in game. Like the golem trio.[/QUOTE]

I think legends should also have more impact on the story. They didn't really have too much of a role in Gen 1, though Mewtwo was a piece of effort to get to, not only beating the Elite but traveling through his cave without Repels, Gens 2-5 featured the legends in some more prominent and explanatory roles. Gen 6 though, the legends seemed really out of place IMO. Zygarde was just randomly in some cave in XY, and Team Flare, with no reason or purpose as to how they found or why they needed Xerneas/Yveltal, have it in their possession. It comes literally out of nowhere and the only reasoning is for its power. Like, where did you guys even FIND that thing? It just felt thrown in. Then all the legends in ORAS popping up from Hoopa's rings. No explanation about the Hoopa so those who don't have internet or anything have no idea what the rings are or what a Hoopa is. Just FREE LEGENDS FOR EVERYONE! It'd be good to work harder for them, and have them play a role in the games as well.