PDA

View Full Version : Theories and headcanons

UltraSound
03-05-2015, 11:35 AM
There's a lot of things that we still don't know about pokémon. After every new release, more questions rise but are left unanswered. This thread is to discuss that!

From what happened to Gary's raticate to the five faceless men.
From the ghost girls to New Mauville's vacant apartment.

Feel free to post if you've noticed something creepy-ish in the game.

Tell me your theories and headcanons!

I read a theory that the five faceless men would the the things around Zygardes head. They kind of look like faceless men, don't they?

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-05-2015, 08:49 PM
My main theory I'll bring up for starters in around ORAS. Two theories in fact. To keep it short, Zinnia's role and what her Whismur named Astar is. It seems to me that Zinnia is some kind of universe jumper. In the game she knows there is one universe and an alternate one where Mega Evolution doesn't happen, and when the comet is coming to wreck the world, the scientists build a machine to create a wormhole to send the meteor somewhere else, Zinnia stating its the alternate world. She wrecks the machine in order to save that other world, risking the one she is currently on. Near the finale she also states that she's going to save Astar, and speaks as if it's not the Whismur, but someone else, usually looking into the sky when she does it. Whismur also says "Mum" often. It's my belief that Zinnia can someone travel across universes, or maybe due to Hoopa, she was snatched out of her universe and dropped in another, and her daughter was left behind. Her daughter Astar, which would explain why she's risk her own life and planet to keep her child safe. What mother wouldn't?

My second theory is that Wattson, the electric Gym leader, is evil. Evidenced by Sea Mauville and New Mauville. Sea Mauville holds documents about both Mauville places and show that they were run by a maniac who cared nothing for his workers, working them to exhaustion, and sought a new form of energy that would give his workers limitless energy to work forever. A document even has a name that is edited out but looks like it indeed is Wattson, and calls him a traitor. Wattson is also explicitly behind both Mauville City places which both failed due to horrible things happening. Also good to notice that this energy that he was looking for is the same energy Team Flare later locates two years later which lead to the X and Y story for the ultimate weapon.

UltraSound
03-06-2015, 01:30 AM
Assuming your theory about Zinnia being able to travel across universes, I'm going to say that Zinnia would have some relations to the creation trio. How?
The trio can be found in the game that Zinnia makes her debut.
Zinnia has relations to dragons, and the creation trio consists of dragon types.
All trio members have their own worlds, or dimensions. Kind of like alternate universes. Maybe Zinnia, having relations with dragons was able to time and space travel so she'd have enough time to save her daughter by sacrificing herself and the players world by destroying the machine that was supposed to send the meteor to another world.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Just wrote what came to my head.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-06-2015, 01:54 AM
Assuming your theory about Zinnia being able to travel across universes, I'm going to say that Zinnia would have some relations to the creation trio. How?
The trio can be found in the game that Zinnia makes her debut.
Zinnia has relations to dragons, and the creation trio consists of dragon types.
All trio members have their own worlds, or dimensions. Kind of like alternate universes. Maybe Zinnia, having relations with dragons was able to time and space travel so she'd have enough time to save her daughter by sacrificing herself and the players world by destroying the machine that was supposed to send the meteor to another world.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Just wrote what came to my head.

Only problem is that Zinnia seems to claim that she "lost" her Astar. Her possible child. It seems that Astar involuntarily was taken out of her old universe and thrown into ours. She destroyed the machine that was gonna save the ORAS universe in order to protect the other universe that, possibly, her daughter was in. I even think it possible that in the old universe Zinnia is from, her Astar is the daughter, but in the alternate universe, her "talking" Whismur is her daughter. Like how they say, in the multiverse theory, the path you take in one universe is a different path for another universe. You go right in this universe but left in another. You decide to eat cereal in this universe but another universe, you eat pancakes or something else. Maybe Astar is a human daughter of Zinnia's in one universe but in another, Astar was a Pokemon, Whismur. Point is, the evidence seems to show that Zinnia wasn't voluntarily placed in ORAS. She wanted to see her possible child again.

UltraSound
03-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Maybe Hoopa did something that derped the universes, separating Zinnia from Astar and Zinnia turned to the creation trio for help? I don't know... :P

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-06-2015, 02:05 AM
Maybe Hoopa did something that derped the universes, separating Zinnia from Astar and Zinnia turned to the creation trio for help? I don't know... :P

Yup, that's what I said in the first message lol. Most likely it's Hoopa :p There's also another rumor regarding Hoopa and Looker. Since he has a memory loss in ORAS, we dont know much about him or what happened, but in Gen 1's red, blue and yellow you meet a man on the SS Anne who is with the Global Police agency. You never get his name but some say maybe this is Looker, and that he maybe fell off the ship and got amnesia and was then transported by Hoopa into Hoenn. The Hoenn games do take place at about the same time as the Kanto games after all...

NightmareRageMonster
03-06-2015, 02:05 AM
I have a head cannon for a possible upcoming pokemon if anyone would like to hear it.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-06-2015, 05:13 AM
I have a head cannon for a possible upcoming pokemon if anyone would like to hear it.

That's what the thread is for. Go ahead!

UltraSound
03-06-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm going to say that Hypno and Phantump have relations. Hypno is known from its pokedex entry saying that they hypnotize children and take them away. Phantump's pokedex entry states the following: "According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest."
Maybe those children who became Phantump were lost in the forest because of Hypno.

NightmareRageMonster
03-06-2015, 06:40 PM
I think that the pokemon Arceus should have a possible opposite.
Think about it. Arceus is bassically God right?
So he has to have a opposite,otherwise there wouldn't be balance in the world.Who this pokemon is,I am not sure,but I do know that where there is a creator,there is always the destroyer.So im guessing that in the upcoming game,there will be a possible destruction pokemon.(Not Yveltal cuz he is only A destroyer,Not THE destroyer)

Pikachu Belle
03-06-2015, 06:47 PM
So he has to have a opposite,otherwise there wouldn't be balance in the world.Who this pokemon is,I am not sure,but I do know that where there is a creator,there is always the destroyer.So im guessing that in the upcoming game,there will be a possible destruction pokemon.(Not Yveltal cuz he is only A destroyer,Not THE destroyer)

So you think maybe a devil Pokemon? I'd be happy with that.

Anyway I hope there's a X&Y 2 or Pokemon Z next. I really think Zygarde will get new forms/mega or primal. I just adore Zygarde so I'd be happy with a game based around it.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-06-2015, 07:02 PM

That's most likely be Giratina, who came out the same Gen, and was banished for evil deeds by arceus himself. Those deeds could have been destruction or something. Of course it seems friendly enough in the anime but it is Pokemon, so nothing seriously devious or evil ever happens since all Pokemon are perfect or whatever, so Giratina, or even better, Yveltal, is probably the closest thing to "evil" or a "destroyer" as the series will ever get.

Fox Goddess Inari
03-06-2015, 10:15 PM
During the delta episode, I recall a scientist making an alarm about the meteor's sudden trajectory change, which now renders it directly within the earth's orbit. In physics, Newton's first law of motion states that once an object is in motion it's path is set, unless influenced by outside forces like gravity etc. This law is absolute in space, so I'd like to believe its path was influence by deoxys, probably to destroy the earth. Perhaps the triangular object is a control device that somehow manipulates meteors or maybe it's deoxys' ship. After the player quickly dispatched the meteor at the last minute, deoxys emerges only to challenge you, as if you thwarted is plans.

It makes me wonder, does the deoxys species goes on kamikaze missions with these giant balls of rock, ice and metals to destroy other worlds?

Or perhaps it's game freaks way of depicting meteors as messengers of life and doom, a play if you will, of a medieval belief system that life was delivered upon comets. An old theory called panspermia.