PDA

View Full Version : Why so fast Camerupt

Crusader7
03-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Today I played my first online double battle in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. My Pokemon were Kadabra Haunter Crobat and Sceptile.
My opponent had this Mega Camerupt that stroke first 6 times in a row. I mean, how is that possible?? All these eruptions destroyed me! Is it possible that a quick claw was activated all thesr times or just opponent had an AR born Camerupt?

Victini's Tears
03-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Did your opponent used Trick Room ? If he/she does, that's the reason why the Camerupt always attack first.

Crevab
03-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Seeing as Mega Camerupt is crazy slow. Did he have Trick Room going?
Edit: Ninja'd by 5s

Sakura Mamiya
03-20-2015, 12:59 AM
The only way Mega Camerupt can outspeed is when Trick Room is up or if it had a Choice Scarf instead of the Mega Stone. It was most likely the Trick Room the others mentioned.

But, it depends on the situation though, like the levels (If the Camerupt was at Lv. 50 and your Pokémon below Lv. 50, although this can be rare), EV training, and others.

Layton
03-20-2015, 01:46 AM
Also, Tailwind will affect the speed of the entire party.

Kyle the Seeker
03-20-2015, 03:35 AM
I don't think Tailwind would give that much speed. Had to be trick room IMO

Crusader7
03-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Oh boy how silly I feel right now. Yes, it used trick room. Thanks for reminding me guys.But since I haven't seen this move since when playing Diamond back in 2008 (that makes it 7 years or something?) and staying on a hiatus from pokemon since HSSS, I had totally forgotten what it does. I thought it was something about abilities mess up xD
Now I see why my team - all high speeders with awful defences and hoping to attack first but now have to attack last - where so badly obliterared.