PDA

View Full Version : Pokecheck.org

DejaVu146
02-22-2012, 09:45 PM
So here's the debate. If you receive Pokemon on Pokecheker.org, are they legit or not?

Let the debate begin lol

truffledude12
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
sometimes

yoyoyonas
02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Always since that one ribbon cannot be obtained fairly

Dr. Smiles
02-23-2012, 01:36 AM
*note: this is an opinion*

Nope, if u get Pokemon from anything non-affiliated or confirmed with Nintendo it is not legit. Confirmed game store giveaways, legit trades, wi-fi events are legitimate.

Taking non-issued events are fake. It's just a way of reproducing Pokemon again. In my opinion, this removes the fun and hype of catching all the Pokemon in the world legitimately.

My legit definition is a Pokemon released by Nintendo, released via real life events/game shop giveaways/wi-fi events/etc.
Not downloading them off sites.

Exflar
02-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Completely agree with the Dr. here. Anything generated by an outside (unofficial) source is considered illegitimate and fake.

Lelouch vi Britannia
02-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Of course there fake, if you get a pokemon from a website and not from your game or from a WiFi event there fake.

Pikachu Belle
02-23-2012, 08:00 AM
The Pokemon aren't from the actual site guys. The Pokemon are from the D/P/Pl/HG/SS/B/W (you should know what these are?) games themselves. The reason why we upload them to this site is to Check Iv's, Evs and legitness. Then we share our Pokemon. Even the users of Pokecheck HATE hackers and we are trying to cut down in the number of hacked Pokemon! Also it's impossible to get event Pokemon on to Pokecheck because they have a ribbon. And there is a way to get the Pokemon without the ribbon.
*insert opinion below*
I think that Pokecheck is a great site if you use it properly. And that means reading FAQ. Some people off here don't even know how to get on Pokecheck so they are blaming it. It's not Pokechecks fault it's the trainers that are stupid enough to put hacked pokemon onto there.
There are some great Pokemon on there and it's a good way to fill your pokedex. Need I say anymore????

DejaVu146
02-24-2012, 08:05 AM
True. Its just like copying and pasting, which essentially is what a Nintendo event is

Gaming Master 2000
02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't know much about pokecheck (in fact this is the first time I've heard about it) but copying and pasting is just cloning a Pokemon and while it would be a legal Pokemon I'm fairly sure it's not a legit Pokemon. Pokemon from Nintendo events (I think) still have original secret ids (or sid) so they are original Pokemon. Cloned Pokemon have the same sid.

I certainly prefer original Pokemon not cloned Pokemon, but I have nothing against people who want them or just don't care (when I was younger I didn't care about cloned/hacked etc.).

Pikachu Belle
02-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Look ^^ The Pokemon from events cannot be posted up there. There is a way to put an event up there but it's rare that you get an event on there. Pokecheck isn't a bad site. Well it is if your against cloning. But have you ever wanted a Pokemon and nobody has it or you don't know where the hell it is? Pokecheck can help. And it helped me cuz I love breeding and I just get loads of parents and just breed them. The eggs however are legit. Also it's a good way to check if your Pokemon is flawless. And it's great for finding out if the Pokemon is hacked or not. Because recently I obtained a shiny Mesprit. The person told me it was legit but Pokecheck told me its hacked. And as soon as I put it up there I deleted it. Why? Because Pokecheck doesn't like hacks. I might sound like I'm repeating myself but I just want to get my point across. And yeah technically its copying a legit Pokemon and pasting a Legit Pokemon!

ZoruaBoo
02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Right here is what I've got to say in the matter..... (personal opinion, please take no offence)

PokeCheck: For checking IVs/SID/EVs: Fine. For downloading Pokemon/cloning them: Hacks, since they will come with a premier ribbon, and to have a premier ribbon they must have been edited within the website which automatically classes them as a hack/non-legit.

Creating pokemon from OUTSIDE OF THE GAME is a HACK. However, RNGing is NOT a hack since you are using in-game mechanics.

Cloning Pokemon that have NOT been edited using external devices are fine as long as the Pokemon's PID has not been changed. The only legit cloning download I know of is IR.GTS.BW But I'm sure there are many more.

DejaVu146
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Event Pokemon can beplaced on there, they just can't have the event ribbon on them (which is an event Mew in Gen IV and all Gen V)

Sting
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
nothing to say here, but, sites that give you pokemon for free, are what you should not try. It just might mess up your game

Pikachu Belle
02-26-2012, 09:38 AM
What's IR.GTS.BW? Isn't that technically cloning?

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
What's IR.GTS.BW? Isn't that technically cloning?

It's a computer program that copy's a Pokemon's PID (In game coding) so yes, it is cloning, but it's one of the only safe/legit ways I know of.

Pikachu Belle
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
So can you get all the Pokemon or is it just events?

Sting
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
You can probably get all pokemon from there. Yet, I heard that they all have event ribbons.
So, if you got a Pokemon that has a ribbon from someone, tell them that you don't want it anymore, and get your pokemon back

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
You can probably get all pokemon from there. Yet, I heard that they all have event ribbons.
So, if you got a Pokemon that has a ribbon from someone, tell them that you don't want it anymore, and get your pokemon back

Yes, you can get any Pokemon from Pokecheck, but they all have ribbons including clones. You're right, you don't want any Pokemon from that website, they have been known to bug up your game.

Pikachu Belle
02-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I might try this IR.GTS.BW thing. Irl see if its as good as you say :)

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I might try this IR.GTS.BW thing. Irl see if its as good as you say :)

Yeah, although downloading it is a REAL pain, you have to download the latest python to use it.

DejaVu146
02-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah I just used IR.GTS.BW. It's great

Here's what I have: Basically if you used programs, such as IR.GTS.BW, it's literally just copying and pasting the Pokemon, which is legit. Pokecheck actually adds the ribbon, which is altering the Pokemon. Minorly, but still an alternation, making it a hack.

Let's put it this way. If you were to clone yourself, using your exact data (which would be your TID and SID in this case), the end result would be a living, breathing clone of you. Is that not legit? It's exactly you, just a clone. Which is what Nintendo uses to distribute Pokemon via events. Event Pokemon have the same TID and SID. Cloning=Legit. Hacking (alternating in any way shape or form)= not legit.

Sting
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I have no idea what you talking about. I just know that having a challenge is fun as FUN.

DejaVu146
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
That's the best way I can explain it lol

Sting
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
That's the best way I can explain it lol

LOL. .

NidoAkaRozay
03-02-2012, 03:26 AM
to me all good not hacks

Exflar
03-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Anything that involves using an external device (AR, GameShark, DNS Servers that don't belong to Nintendo/Gamefreak/TPCi) is considered illegitimate.

End of story.

DejaVu146
03-02-2012, 08:20 AM
^I beg to differ. I will only use the servers to access events thar I missed in the past. Technically, its the same thing as the events themselves. Does Nintendo honestly create billions of individual Pokemon to distribute to a single game? No. They are clones in some way, shape, or form. So technically its the same as an event.

Exflar
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
At least those clones come straight from Nintendo. And based on what you're saying, you could try to 'justify' any other hack, "oh I got it from AR; technically it's the same thing as actually catching pokemon. after all it's all just a bunch of data".

You can't call something official if it's not distributed by the makers.

DejaVu146
03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
But they were originally distributed from the maker.

AR is just crap and I hate AR Pokemon because they are hacks. I'm talking servers. People give the exact Pokemon's file to you from the event Pokemon. It's the EXACT one that Nintendo distributed out

ZoruaBoo
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
But they were originally distributed from the maker.

AR is just crap and I hate AR Pokemon because they are hacks. I'm talking servers. People give the exact Pokemon's file to you from the event Pokemon. It's the EXACT one that Nintendo distributed out

Yes, but Nintendo's not giving them out, are they? It's someone who has managed to hack a Pokemon's PID. So it IS still a hack because you didn't get it from Nintendo's official server.

DejaVu146
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
It's a hack if you mess with the Pokemon's data. If you're literally just copying it distributing it, therefor, it is a clone

Sting
03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Won't it be funny, if Nintendo was actually using Pokecheck to make events?
lol

Exflar
03-02-2012, 10:30 PM
It's a hack if you mess with the Pokemon's data. If you're literally just copying it distributing it, therefor, it is a clone

It's almost like me making a copy of a "limited time only" movie and giving it just handing out copies. In America, that is illegal. It's called piracy.

Hack, Clone, Data change, Re-distribution, whatever you'd like to call it, as long as it's not from Nintendo/GameFreak, it's not legitimate :)

Gaming Master 2000
03-02-2012, 10:57 PM
People's definition of legal and legit Pokemon vary because people's views on what is right and wrong varies.

Typically though:

* Legal (Valid) Pokemon are able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
* Illegal Pokemon are not able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
* Legitimate (Legit) Pokemon are created without the use of external devices. Because all of these Pokemon are also able to exist naturally in the game, legitimate Pokemon are a subset of legal Pokemon.

Under this rule set cloning (which uses an external device) would produce a legal Pokemon but not legitimate Pokemon (assuming the original Pokemon was at least a legal Pokemon). It doesn't matter if Nintendo events are essentially clones because official distributions by Nintendo are legit no matter what they do. Though I do know not all Event Pokemon from Nintendo are clones.

That said a large number of people, which obviously include DejaVu, believe clones to be legit, which is fine by me. It's their game they have to be happy with it. I know if I received a clone and I didn't know it was a clone I would be fine with it. It's just that personally I don't clone.

Exflar
03-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I concur Gaming Master 2000. Thank you for emphasizing the standard definitions of pokemon legitimacy.

truffledude12
03-03-2012, 01:37 AM
I concur Gaming Master 2000. Thank you for emphasizing the standard definitions of pokemon legitimacy.

REALLY LEGITS ARE AWESOME

Exflar
03-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Yup. Like, there's no pride in saying "Oh yeah I have a shiny _________, but it's hacked." It's not special if just anyone can get it by typing in a few 1s and 0s.