PDA

View Full Version : US National Pokemon Championships are this Weekend!

Velocity
06-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone,

Grant here. This weekend, I'll be attending the US National Pokemon Championships as a Video Game competitor. For those who don't know, there is a competitive circuit for both Pokemon video game and the trading card game. The video game uses the format known as VGC, which is double battles and has several other unique rules.

Anyhow, the largest tournament of the year, with the exception of the World Championships, is taking place this weekend in Indianapolis, Indiana- The US National Championships. Over 500 players are battling it out to determine the top players that the United States will send to represent at Worlds.

The action is starting this Friday, and it will be streamed on Twitch here: http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

The entire streaming schedule details can be found here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals/2015/live-streaming-schedule/

Hope everyone here can tune in and watch, it should be exciting for all Pokemon fans.

Gaming Master 2000
06-30-2015, 03:18 AM
Unfortunately for me it looks like the championships start about 2:30AM my time so I won't be able to watch live.

I wish you the best of luck in your match-ups. I'm sure you'll do great!

Velocity
06-30-2015, 03:29 AM
Unfortunately for me it looks like the championships start about 2:30AM my time so I won't be able to watch live.

I wish you the best of luck in your match-ups. I'm sure you'll do great!

Hey GM! That's really unfortunate you won't be able to watch. Time zones can be a pain. :/ anyhow, thanks for the kind wishes! I'll try my best :)

Kyle the Seeker
06-30-2015, 06:25 AM
Best of luck Grant. I'll be camping during it so I won't be able to either, but best of luck. Win it for us!

Velocity
07-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Best of luck Grant. I'll be camping during it so I won't be able to either, but best of luck. Win it for us!

Thanks! We'll see how it goes lol. Have fun camping!

Geo Sakuraba
07-02-2015, 03:58 AM
I think I could watch actually. What timezone is the schedule on if I may ask?

Velocity
07-02-2015, 05:43 AM
I think I could watch actually. What timezone is the schedule on if I may ask?

The timezone is EST, which is GMT -4 (I think)