PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Soft Resetting for a Shiny Starter Pokemon

micklepickle101
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I have been trying for ages, I am currently at about 2000 resets now. I just want to know if any of you have done this and succeeded?

Sting
02-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Not me. Yet, I tried before.
For example 9 tries. But, Shinies aren't that important. It just wastes your life.
Wasting money is bad, but wasting time is TERRIBLE.

So, an advice is, go out, and have some fun! :D

truffledude12
02-25-2012, 11:00 PM
agreed with sting

ZoruaBoo
02-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Yup and yup. It took me around 5000, but for me it was worth it. Shiny Cyndaquil, for me, it made the game a whole load better knowing I'd put in the effort to get the best out of it. Yeah, having a shiny isn't the most amazing thing, it's being able to say you put the time, love and effort in, that's what really matters! So keep going!

truffledude12
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Yup and yup. It took me around 5000, but for me it was worth it. Shiny Cyndaquil, for me, it made the game a whole load better knowing I'd put in the effort to get the best out of it. Yeah, having a shiny isn't the most amazing thing, it's being able to say you put the time, love and effort in, that's what really matters! So keep going!

why not love starters for who they are at the begining?
just live love battle trade peace will come good times and bad times
but who cares as long as you are happy?

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
why not love starters for who they are at the begining?
just live love battle trade peace will come good times and bad times
but who cares as long as you are happy?

Well, I've completed the game hundreds of times and I wanted to challenge myself.
Yes, I was very happy, so it's all good

Exflar
03-05-2012, 06:51 AM
If you really want it, you'll do what needs to be done to get it :D

truffledude12
03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
ehh i dont know but anyways do what you wantz

10000fists
03-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Getting a shiny is just a waste a time. It's just different colors colors. What's the difference? (Don't say the colors are different.)

Exflar
03-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Getting a shiny is just a waste a time. It's just different colors colors. What's the difference? (Don't say the colors are different.)

The difference is that it has novelty and value. There's only a 1 out of 8162 possibility of encountering a shiny pokemon. They're very rare and hard to obtain. Something of rarity has value.

People often take them for granted (such as yourself) because cheating and hacking makes them easy to find. Legitimate shiny pokemon are the rewards of luck or patience.

Sting
03-08-2012, 12:09 AM
The reward isn't a reward.
You trade your legit shiny you caught from the wild for a shiny that is hacked that you don't even know.

Where's the reward?

Exflar
03-08-2012, 12:48 AM
The reward isn't a reward.
You trade your legit shiny you caught from the wild for a shiny that is hacked that you don't even know.

Where's the reward?

Likewise, it's only a personal "reward" or "accomplishment" if you stay true to the games (no hacking, no cheating). That moment when you FINALLY hatch a shiny egg from weeks of Masuda Method Breeding, or when you FINALLY reach that shiny encounter after a long PokeRadar Chain. Likewise, receiving a shiny via Soft Reset. It's rewarding to know that you've obtained what you worked so hard for.

And that is why shiny pokemon are so valuable.

Cheaters and hackers don't understand this because they -- as their name implies -- cheat. It's easy for them to encounter so it has little or no value.

Sting
03-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Likewise, it's only a personal "reward" or "accomplishment" if you stay true to the games (no hacking, no cheating). That moment when you FINALLY hatch a shiny egg from weeks of Masuda Method Breeding, or when you FINALLY reach that shiny encounter after a long PokeRadar Chain. Likewise, receiving a shiny via Soft Reset. It's rewarding to know that you've obtained what you worked so hard for.

And that is why shiny pokemon are so valuable.

Cheaters and hackers don't understand this because they -- as their name implies -- cheat. It's easy for them to encounter so it has little or no value.

True. And unfair.

Shiny Shinx~<3
03-09-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree with Exflar. Hackers only want them for the different colours, but when you hunt for a legit, rare shiny, you feel accomplished.
And yeah, shiny pokemon aren't the most important thing ever, but (in my opinion) it's always fun to see a rare pokemon fly across the screen. Almost a rush, even =^w^=

As for the original question, I've hunted-and succeeded-with SRing for shiny starters before. I got a Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and 3 Totodiles (while hunting for the other two). It took effort and patience, but i'm really happy to have them. So keep at it, and your patience will soon be rewarded! :D

Sting
03-16-2012, 11:46 PM
We got in off-topic right?
Haha

micklepickle101
03-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone so much for your input :):):)
I am still at school so im not wasting time, im rewarding my self after a study, or homework session, I am putting about 10 minutes every day :) so hopefully I will receive my prize :):):):) wish me luck!!!!!

truffledude12
03-17-2012, 02:48 AM
well SRing dosent count as a hack
more like an easy way out thats how people get /collect rare shinies and legends
and we all think they are hacks untill we hear deets(details)

NidoAkaRozay
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I hack but have found two not hacks in wild and lov e them a lot

Bluecario
04-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I found a shiny Kyogre.... It fainted because it used struggle...

crazyshiny505
06-19-2012, 12:44 PM
my very first non pokeradar meuda method anything shiny pokemon was awesome it was a shiny furret and i loved it sooooo much IT TWAS PURPLE

ZangooseClaw
07-19-2012, 07:41 AM
I agree with exflar too its not the actual pokemon itself that counts its the time spent to get a shiny that makes it worth it. I recently chained my first shiny after it taking me 3 hours once I hit the 40th pokemon in my chain. in the end I got my shiny starly and it felt great. all I know is that if you really really want somthing you will do it because you will do whatever it takes.my sister always wanted to be a ballet dancer ever since she was 5 and this september she's going to dance school. she got there because she wanted it enough so if you put the effort in it will never feel wasted :)

ZoruaBoo
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes! Keep going! It's very rewarding when you finally get the shiny. I did that with Cyndaquil, my most favorite shiny Pokemon.

Murtah2
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
you guys i dont think you know the meaning of this thread micklepickle 101 wants to know how many soft resets it takes micklepickle it took me about 10,000 sr's