PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Underused Pokemon

Sting
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Aren't Underused Pokemon the best sweeper?
OF course you're disagreeing with that point of view
But, here are some of my point of view:
Underused Pokemons are not used, which makes them special
People don't know what their moves are.
People can't counter them, whenever they appear in the field
People would ignore them, and hit the powerful foe's pokemon instead of the underused, in which the underused pokemon can make stats boost, and definitely KO the foe's team. (I call this Bait)

However, one of disadvantage, is that they aren't that powerful to KO some legends like Arceus or Darkrai, which will spam Dark Void and Judgement. Right?

I'm training: Pansage, Dwebble, Stunfisk, Servine, Rufflet; currently
Pansage, Dwebble, and Stunfisk, aren't used most of the time(5% if being used competitively)
Yet, people don't realize that Stunfisk is a great pokemon. Even though its looks is a major breakdown, it can survive hits, and can use Discharge, Earthquake, one of the best moves in comes of Double/Triple Battle.
Dwebble evolves into Crustle, a pokemon, that people thinks that they can KO it in one hit, but they can't.
Here's a reason why: Crustle can take a hit from an OVerused pokemon as long as it was EV trained in Defense and Special Defense. It learns that best stat boost in the whole Pokemon World: Shell Smash. It can use Shell Smash, which makes its Defense and Special Defense to fell, but thanks to the item white Herb, it can't get infected; while defense and special defenses fell, its SPEED, ATTACK, SPECIAL DEFENSE stats grow SHARPLY!
That makes Crustle goes first than most pokemon, and hit them hard as Thunder.

Don't you see it? Underused pokemon are more of a threat than the UBers don't you think?
Well, pick which one in the poll

Sting
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I also recommend you read the whole thing to realize it. Thank you for reading and voting!

Ghost Trainer
02-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Im training every pokemon in 5th gen, in my white game, and I agree every pokemon has alot of moves that you can use which breeds new tatics, and funer(Is that a word?) battles. As for Stunkfisk your right its a great, and valuable pokemon along with all 3 pans, and dwebble, and well most all pokemon. Magikarp, ya thats a little harder to use in battle.

truffledude12
02-27-2012, 12:43 AM
i use deinos
alot of legends
i might give my pansage a everstone then train it
also a panpour everstone
charmander and totdile

Sting
02-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks for all of your opinions!

thunderpick2
02-27-2012, 04:00 AM
OU pokes are better because any better pokemon can boost too. volcarona with QD and gorebyss with SS can do a lot more damage than these UUs. Also, any smart person has a counter to each type within their team and taking out an SD trained crustle isnt diffucult

Sting
02-27-2012, 11:03 PM
OU pokes are better because any better pokemon can boost too. volcarona with QD and gorebyss with SS can do a lot more damage than these UUs. Also, any smart person has a counter to each type within their team and taking out an SD trained crustle isnt diffucult

True, yet I more like the Underused.
They are what I called: Must be used since they can also do what a Overused can do.
Overused are good, but Underused are more of a tricky.
That is this thread about.
Underused are tricky, and must be used.

ZoruaBoo
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
In my (previous) opinion..... Under used Pokemon were under used for a reason:

They just don't have the stats to keep up with OU Pokemon, so people didn't use them.

But now after reading your argument..... I'm starting to agree, maybe Under used Pokemon could be used in competitive battling! Thanks for this thread, you have opened my eyes to new possibilities!

Sting
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
In my (previous) opinion..... Under used Pokemon were under used for a reason:

They just don't have the stats to keep up with OU Pokemon, so people didn't use them.

But now after reading your argument..... I'm starting to agree, maybe Under used Pokemon could be used in competitive battling! Thanks for this thread, you have opened my eyes to new possibilities!

Thank you, Thank you. Well, I just opened my eyes that Underused must be used because of the movies.
They are special, and it is unfair for underused, not to be used since, it has the right types and abilities that can stand vs. Overused
I also watched Youtube videos that made my decision that I will start using Underused.
I saw a Person's Crustle sweep the OVERUSED Salamence. Which is AMAZING.
Crustle used Shell Smash, next turn, it used Rock Slide, and Killed Salamence.
Don't you get it? They have the power to dominate the Overused.

ZoruaBoo
02-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Thank you, Thank you. Well, I just opened my eyes that Underused must be used because of the movies.
They are special, and it is unfair for underused, not to be used since, it has the right types and abilities that can stand vs. Overused
I also watched Youtube videos that made my decision that I will start using Underused.
I saw a Person's Crustle sweep the OVERUSED Salamence. Which is AMAZING.
Crustle used Shell Smash, next turn, it used Rock Slide, and Killed Salamence.
Don't you get it? They have the power to dominate the Overused.

Salamance?! No way!! That's unbelievable! KO in 2 moves! Did you know if the Salamance/Crustle were EV'd?

Sting
02-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Salamance?! No way!! That's unbelievable! KO in 2 moves! Did you know if the Salamance/Crustle were EV'd?

Don't know, yet, that can only means: underused are good in comes of the trainer

Sting
02-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Go Underused!
Everyone, please vote!

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't judge a pokemon based on how often it is used. Any experienced trainer picks pokemon based on ones they like and that will support each other and the overall strategy. Thats my opinion based on 14 years of experience. :)

Sting
02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
14 Years? How...?

Anyway, that is true. It just made sense to me, that people don't use the pokemon that have a very bad look like Stunfisk, in which is a very good pokemon, and they ignore it.