PDA

View Full Version : His Way of MM;

venxhero
10-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Tbh, I somewhat want to show to some people that Masuda Method does work, but it involves: Time Patience & Luck. Also breeding is not for everyone, like how hunting isn't for me. I literally cannot hunt for more than an hour. I do not tell people "Hunting is so impossible and you probably hacked." I literally got told off on kik (I'm not going to put you on Full Blast, but anyways) you shouldn't go off telling people that it's not a real thing. (check Serebii.net and google, you will see that there's a ton of people who MM)

Okay, so I'll just start how I MM my own way. I'm sure everyone knows how to MM and such, but maybe someone wants to TRY a different way. (I got 2 people to do my way of breeding lol but warning: it takes even longer) Why? Because I don't mind and I have the patience for it (cough exception for Purrloin)

Anywho I took pictures to show proof (I don't like to keep taking pictures of the same thing over and over on kik so hope some of you who has me on kik, check this out!)

What I Use: JPN 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot & 5-6IV Pokemon holding Everstone
It's easier if the Pokemon you want a shiny, to be lvl 100 c: that's my opinion.

First: I bike back and forth to obtain 5 eggs.

Second: (Depending on Pokemon's Egg Steps) I will stay where I am at and just bike until it hatches. // For Axew, Deino, and Gible; I'll fly to Lumiose City and hatch ONE EGG then return to the Daycare Center and bike until it hatches.

Third: Once it hatches, I go to the closest building to access the PC.

Fourth: I release the Pokemon (depending on my mood/time; I'll WT the Pokemon)

Fifth: Since I now have 4 Eggs, I'll talk to the guy to get another egg then REPEAT.

In the 4th picture, that's all hatched shinies (at least 5 of them aren't hatched by me but given to me) One of the Zangoose is just there because a special friend of mine hasn't picked it up yet. I cannot and do NOT like filling my boxes full of eggs (wastes space and I just don't like it; Spiritomb, Treecko, and Purrloin were the only ones I actually filled my boxes full of eggs) Also I do not keep egg count, but I do keep hours.

First time breeding (I didn't know about MM): M Noibat at 2nd egg out of 3 eggs.
2nd time (testing MM out for fun): F Spiritomb after 40mins, less than 2 boxes.
3rd time (hatching a Female for someone): M Buneary at 2nd egg out of 4 eggs.
4th time (better IVs): F Electrike around 10-15 eggs.
- Months gone by thanks to trading -
5th time (nature desired): F Cyndaquil at 2nd egg out of 5 eggs.
SO ON... Both Axews that I hatched, I was very content because I didn't waste more than 3hrs on them. They hatched pretty fast.

So currently I'm MM for Torchic (using a 6IV Shiny Male Blaziken) and I usually breed for 2-4 hours. What works the best for me is during the night (12am - 7am) while listening to music. Please do not breed for 6hrs + straight because you will feel very frustrated/annoyed and give up. I literally bred a 6IV Timid S.Electrike that took me 9hrs..

I mean if you bred and hatched (using me as an example) a S.Deino at 3hrs, thats something else. You feel relieved and such xD What a meanie, but I know people has their own limit and their own way of doing it. I'm just telling you my experience and how I done it.

FREE FEEL TO ADD YOUR THOUGHTS AND SUCH c: Shoot me a question and I can try my best to answer it (from my experience). I hope this will give you some motivation or give it a try/another try at MM (: Also, you can even talk about/tip about your HUNTING method, same thing!

Fox Goddess Inari
10-24-2015, 02:48 AM
The Masuda method does work indeed, it's all up to luck. :) Unfortunately for me, I usually find shiny pokemons when I'm not deliberately looking; so they always lack the right IVs, but I'm still grateful. n.n
Also when I'm breeding for BR rare ball females (which is harder depending on whether it's apricorn or dream ball) this also helps me for shinies through MM. So yeah, the MM method works fine. n.n

venxhero
10-24-2015, 05:39 AM
Ah that reminds me, Trish :3c When I received rareballs (in the past) with different natures, it was semi-difficult breeding for the suited nature, hatching Females (if Female's % were low), and keeping EMs on them everytime xD Since some/all needs to be bred again for better IVs.

There's at least several rareballs I need to breed again for the suited nature and maybe considering adding some EMs (for sure, some I don't really need it since its mostly for myself to have/use)

Fox Goddess Inari
10-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Ah that reminds me, Trish :3c When I received rareballs (in the past) with different natures, it was semi-difficult breeding for the suited nature, hatching Females (if Female's % were low), and keeping EMs on them everytime xD Since some/all needs to be bred again for better IVs.

There's at least several rareballs I need to breed again for the suited nature and maybe considering adding some EMs (for sure, some I don't really need it since its mostly for myself to have/use)

Ah, I had this problem too so to mitigate it I had to obtain 6 IV Dittos of every nature to keep the momentum going. It's not cool when you find the right female with the best IVs and have to swap out the ditto for a poor IV male with the right EM(s). >.>

venxhero
10-24-2015, 06:17 AM
Omgosh thats a lot of 6IV Dittos xD What about IVs? Isn't that harder as well? 0:

I don't like taking off items if they're on the Pokemon xD So my 6IV Ditto is forever holding Destiny Knot while I have to find the Male Pokemon with the nature I want and breed it with my Female holding Destiny Knot (I have 2) and it makes it easier ;-; but I have to check the Egg group to see if I have the Pokemon to breed it with. So total, I need an extra Pokemon then convert back to using the 6IV Ditto x')

Fox Goddess Inari
10-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Omgosh thats a lot of 6IV Dittos xD What about IVs? Isn't that harder as well? 0:

I don't like taking off items if they're on the Pokemon xD So my 6IV Ditto is forever holding Destiny Knot while I have to find the Male Pokemon with the nature I want and breed it with my Female holding Destiny Knot (I have 2) and it makes it easier ;-; but I have to check the Egg group to see if I have the Pokemon to breed it with. So total, I need an extra Pokemon then convert back to using the 6IV Ditto x')

Some players use this breeding technique to simplify breeding and avoid the excessive pokemon swapping that comes with it. First off I breed for Egg moves and Ability while one pokemon holds a power item and the other the destiny knot, assuming both pokemons have decent IVs.
I continue this cycle until the resulting baby has four EMs and correct ability. I breed for 10 eggs every time I'm going to breed for an EM, to ensure that I find a baby with the right ability, IVs and is female. I repeat this cycle until I start producing babies with 4 EMs. :)
Then lastly I breed for the correct Nature; this where the 6 IV dittos come in handy. By now, I'd have babies with 5IVs or 6IVs, correct ability and 4EMs but wrong nature. So, I just merely choose the correct nature 6IV Ditto, give it an everstone and commence rebreeding.

You can also start by breeding for the correct nature and ability first too, then EMs and finally IVs. I guess it doesn't matter which way you breed, the end result is the same. I usually breed this way because in case I find a shiny pokemon it'll probably have decent IVs, natures and EMs but in the former case you'll probably find a decent 5IV shiny but with wrong nature. n.n

venxhero
10-24-2015, 06:52 AM
That seems easier! 0: I should give that a try xD Honestly, I was thinking of breeding for better IVs first then try to get the correct nature / ability but it was a bit of a hassle >_>; (did it several times and it was tiring for me lol) Nature and ability comes first since that's somewhat more work than IVs (since its not really going anywhere) and must be Female (for rareballs and such) then start adding the EMs.

I'm a bit paranoid whenever I receive a lvl 1 Pokemon with everything I want because once I put it in the DayCare, they'll start learning new moves and it'll replace the eggmoves. I'm the type to always take it out xD so I usually have their moveset from serebii.net and watch out for certain lvls then take them out to lvl it up myself to avoid losing an eggmove. ONE DAY.. I am sure someone will want to trade Rareballs so I don't have to worry about breeding more while I have this high lvl one instead! (:

Inan
10-24-2015, 01:07 PM
I actually breed in much the same way, although generally without using a level 100 pokemon, but have had much less success (so there might be something to that lv100 thing). I wasn't actually breeding for shinies specifically, but it has netted me a few.

S. Talonflame (unfortunately with Flame Body, but good as a fly/hatch slave) - This was my first bred shiny, and I didn't even notice it was shiny until I was about to WT it away. It was in the middle of my first box of them.
S. Riolu - My first true competetive shiny. I still haven't trained it. I really should. Took like 4 eggs to get
S. Gallade - Also happened early on, but I had forgotten to give my ditto the Destiny Knot! I use it as a catching pokemon now
S. Venusaur - The very last pokemon bred when I was experimenting with breeding every concievable moveset onto Bulbasaur. Took over a month of breeding 8 hours a day, but now forms the bulky core of my VGC team along with Suicune. It has the wrong nature, and only 4 IV's, but I love it anyway.

I haven't bred anything over the last few months, but when I try again, perhaps I'll use a lv100 pokemon and see how it goes.

venxhero
10-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Honestly I bred with baby Pokemons lvl 1-57 (cough Purrloin) and no luck. I literally bred every single day for who knows how long and I was pretty annoyed that I didn't hatch one u__u

I got lucky with Treecko, Spiritomb, Buneary, Cyndaquil, etcs... I feel like (IMO so don't take it to heart) the higher lvl the Pokemon is, it's easier. If you're breeding for Rareballs with EMs, its kinda tough since you want to keep those EMs on the Females. Im kinda paranoid losing them so I will train them to a higher lvl (probably 60+) and start breeding. Its a hassle because I am lvling up 5 Pokemons at once and they're barely around lvl 40s.. xD

Ah lucky you on S.Riolu ;-; I heard that one was tough (heard people talking about it)
Let me know how it goes for you! (:

Also I'm not entirely sure if this will affect your MM but Im going to throw it out there. For instance, if you're going to MM for a Pikachu (random) for hours that turns into days then suddenly you want to pause it and switch to another Pokemon to MM, I wonder if it'll like somehow reset it? xD (like for chaining, if you miss/messed up.. You'll start from the beginning or once you catch a shiny, it reset to zero)

Im the type to stick with one until I hatch a shiny; but recently I took a break from Cyndaquil and decided to MM Stunky and Glameow (5-7hrs total for each) then went back to Cyndaquil. I finally hatched one after a day or so. Now I'm on Torchic and I had to breed some Pokemons (so I had to take Blaziken out and breed them) then I return Blaziken back to the Daycare and started breeding again. Nothing yet, but still gonna try until I hatch one! c:

Fox Goddess Inari
10-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Honestly I bred with baby Pokemons lvl 1-57 (cough Purrloin) and no luck. I literally bred every single day for who knows how long and I was pretty annoyed that I didn't hatch one u__u

I got lucky with Treecko, Spiritomb, Buneary, Cyndaquil, etcs... I feel like (IMO so don't take it to heart) the higher lvl the Pokemon is, it's easier. If you're breeding for Rareballs with EMs, its kinda tough since you want to keep those EMs on the Females. Im kinda paranoid losing them so I will train them to a higher lvl (probably 60+) and start breeding. Its a hassle because I am lvling up 5 Pokemons at once and they're barely around lvl 40s.. xD

Ah lucky you on S.Riolu ;-; I heard that one was tough (heard people talking about it)
Let me know how it goes for you! (:

Also I'm not entirely sure if this will affect your MM but Im going to throw it out there. For instance, if you're going to MM for a Pikachu (random) for hours that turns into days then suddenly you want to pause it and switch to another Pokemon to MM, I wonder if it'll like somehow reset it? xD (like for chaining, if you miss/messed up.. You'll start from the beginning or once you catch a shiny, it reset to zero)

Im the type to stick with one until I hatch a shiny; but recently I took a break from Cyndaquil and decided to MM Stunky and Glameow (5-7hrs total for each) then went back to Cyndaquil. I finally hatched one after a day or so. Now I'm on Torchic and I had to breed some Pokemons (so I had to take Blaziken out and breed them) then I return Blaziken back to the Daycare and started breeding again. Nothing yet, but still gonna try until I hatch one! c:

Haha it won't reset because the shiny PIDs are random they'll pop up anytime. :p Kay it's easier to breed and level up pokemon fast because of the battle frontier and the blissey bases on ORAS. :3

venxhero
10-25-2015, 01:28 AM
Ah, so it doesn't matter xD Random at its finest. I got used to breeding on my XY and I haven't touched my ORAS ;n; I'll consider it! I do want my Pokemons to be higher lvls anyways and I can start breeding them again (: