PDA

View Full Version : ROBLOCKE Challenge: A Soul Silver Pokemon Nuzlocke

Baby Koga
11-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Yo! Butters (Rob) here! I'm just about to embark on a nuzlocke challenge in SS and I want you guys to help me!

ROBLOCKE RULES:

Only 1 Pokémon may be caught per new route/city/town etc. (This does not come into play until my character first obtains pokeballs). Species clause means I can retry if the first Pokémon that appears on a route is the one I already caught.

When a Pokémon faints in game, it counts as a death and can no longer be used (I'll place it in a PC box called RIP)

Every time I defeat my rival or a gym leader I will gain a ROB Token. I'm starting off with 3 ROB Tokens. These tokens will allow me to heal up at Pokémon centres, which I am otherwise not allowed do. These will not count towards being healed by a NPC, and the use of beds, healing circles (like in Lavender Tower), my in game mother, etc. may only be used once in the challenge without the cost of the token. They also allow me to switch a Pokémon from the PC at any time, where as otherwise I could only swap out for dead Pokémon.

I'll be frequently asking you, the Pokebay community to help me with decisions such as which Pokémon to use and what not.

All Pokémon caught throughout the nuzlocke will be named after members who have commented on the thread.

I'll be starting shortly and I need your help to choose a starter. Just comment below your starter of choice

#Chikorita
#Cyndaquil
#Totodile

The starter vote will close in just under 9 hours so get voting!

Smell you later!

Ash
11-04-2015, 02:26 PM
#Tododile (Totodik <3)

UltraSound
11-04-2015, 03:40 PM
I vote #Cyndaquil! :3
I'll be sure to keep a close eye on this. SS was my first ever pokegame. Can't wait for you to get to Whitney.

robpsp2793
11-04-2015, 03:47 PM
My first pokemon from Gold was Tododile through the game i would catch a Pysichic Pokemon for the ghost Gym catch a Flying pokemon for the Fighting type Gym.

Qrow Branwen.
11-04-2015, 07:19 PM
#Cyndaquil

Yoda
11-04-2015, 07:35 PM
#cyndaquil

Kyle the Seeker
11-04-2015, 11:25 PM
#Totodile

Totolove

Baby Koga
11-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks for voting, everyone! Now let's begin...

The Beginning

"Are you sure you want to choose this Pokémon?"

-YES-

"Cyndaquil, I choose you!"

-ROB received Ultra, the Cyndaquil!-

Stocked up on potions.

Received a mystery egg from Mr. Pokémon! Mr. Pokémon healed ROB's team.

ROB received a Pokedex from Prof. Oak!

Suddenly, my Pokegear rings. It's Prof. Elm. "Please get back to the lab. Hurry!"

I run back towards the professor's lab, driven by the concern in his voice. Suddenly, a boy jumps out in front of me, a menacing look in his eyes. He says a wimp like me doesn't deserve to own a Pokémon and challenges me to a battle.
ROB vs ???
???'s totodile tries to set up with leer, but Ultra perseveres with a barrage of tackles, which proves to be too strong for the little crocodile Pokémon. ROB defeats ??? Ultra grows to lvl 8
-ROB received 1 Token-
The mysterious trainer storms off, but in doing so drops his trainer eye. He snatches it off me and runs off. As he disappears into the distance I know this won't be the last I saw of him- JUSTIN.

On returning to the lab, a major investigation was underway into the theft of one of Prof. Elm's Pokémon... a totodile! I immediately knew it was JUSTIN. After helping the police with their inquiry Prof. Elm suggested I take on the Pokémon League. The closest gym is in Violet City, but before I do that I need to build and raise a team of strong Pokémon...

Tokens: 1. Pokémon Obtained: 1. Deaths: 0

Thanks again for helping me choose me starter. Sorry the commentary is hurried, but so much happens at the start and I don't have the time to detail every single thing. If you guys have any ideas as to how I could improve this thread, or think there's some key things I'm leaving out then please let me know! The next chapter will see ROB catch his first Pokémon.

UltraSound
11-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Don't you DARE let me die.

Looking good so far! I really like the way you're updating, though it might be easier to read ex. stocking, healing etc. if you use

whatever these things are
I don't know what they're called

But without them is all fine too! Really liking this thing so far :3

Yoda
11-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Justin is the ultimate rival

Baby Koga
11-08-2015, 03:33 PM
--Updated Rules--

#2: How to Catch a Pokemon

Lyra and Marill show me how to catch a Pokémon... how kind e_e

First Pokémon encounter! Route 29: It's a... sentret ... After a pretty straight forward battle I manage to catch it nonetheless. Welcome to the team, Peace!

Deciding to venture up north I enter a new Route 46. You know what that means... It's a geodude!

Taking the Taurus by the horns I sprint through Cherrygrove and into Route 30. It's a pidgey! Geodude actually gets CRITTED by pidgey, but survives on 1 HP!! (I almost cried). Aaaand... we caught a pidgey! Welcome to the team, Warrior!

Further up Route 30 we run into our first trainer battle against the infamous Joey and his rattata. But seriously, geodude demolishes him in 2 hits. Geodude for MVP!

Battling our way through a few other trainers we make it to Route 31! Here, we encounter a belsprout! After a surprising evasive techniques from my pokeballs I manage to catch it, but a greater question comes to mind. Should I trade it for an Onix or raise it?

That's all for the moment. I might do the next chapter later. Thanks for reading!

Tokens: 4. Deaths: 0. Pokémon: 5

The Team:
Cyndaquil (ULTRA) lvl 9
Sentient (Peace) lvl 3
Pidgey (Warrior) lvl 6
Geodude lvl 7
Belsprout lvl 3

Ash
11-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Oooh don't let little Bird Jesus die bro. Everything's looking good.

UltraSound
11-08-2015, 06:16 PM
w00t for running shoes!

Baby Koga
11-08-2015, 06:56 PM
YOO!!!

This is a further update! I won't have enough usernames to name my Pokémon so I'm going to need your help. I'm taking name suggestions for our chapter MVP Geodude. So, what's a good name for Geodude?

Also, I want to know if I should keep belsprout, or trade it for an Onix? You guys decide!

#TradeBelsprout
Or
#SaveBelsprout

WondoRules!!!
11-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Name it " dude " and #tradebelsprout

Ash
11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
How about Goliath? #SaveBellsprout

Yoda
11-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Keep the belsprout!! And don't let warrior die #OgbirdBro

Yoda
11-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Name geodude Køga <.<

UltraSound
11-09-2015, 03:38 PM
#tradebelsprout
I suggest Mr.Stones. Assuming it's a dude. If it's a girl then Dudette.