PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Shiny Chaining

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-29-2012, 10:15 PM
This is a more unknown method for finding shinies, called chaining. Chaining is when, in this case, find 20 ground-shaking spots (Like pokéradar in 5th gen) oor so without being interupted by another wild battle. After that you have an incredible chance of finding a shiny in the grass

Sting
02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Wonderful

DejaVu146
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Really? Where did you find this out? May have to try it!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Really? Where did you find this out? May have to try it!

I actually figured it out on my own but I also read it in Serebii's page for Shiny's. It is from 4th Gen but it works with Shaking Grass, Rippled Water, or Bridge Shadows in 5th Gen

Exflar
03-02-2012, 04:24 AM
There is actually no method of Chaining in Gen V. Those shaking spots are only for "special encounter" pokemon.

From Serebii:
"The second method of obtaining shiny Pokémon is through the method called "chaining". This method has you carry on a chain on the PokéRadar. As you battle the Pokémon and your chain increases, the chances of seeing a Shiny Pokémon also increases up until you're on the 40th chain where it levels out. Continue the chain and you may see the grass glow instead of shaking. If this occurs, there is a shiny Pokémon there. To get this far, I suggest you use many Repels so your chains are less likely to be broken."

It's only for games that include the Pokeradar.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-02-2012, 10:17 PM
There is actually no method of Chaining in Gen V. Those shaking spots are only for "special encounter" pokemon.

From Serebii:
"The second method of obtaining shiny Pokémon is through the method called "chaining". This method has you carry on a chain on the PokéRadar. As you battle the Pokémon and your chain increases, the chances of seeing a Shiny Pokémon also increases up until you're on the 40th chain where it levels out. Continue the chain and you may see the grass glow instead of shaking. If this occurs, there is a shiny Pokémon there. To get this far, I suggest you use many Repels so your chains are less likely to be broken."

It's only for games that include the Pokeradar.

No it's not the ground-shaking is the equivalent of using a pokéradar look it up

Exflar
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I did look it up. Nowhere on any site does it say "Gen 5 shaking spots are equivalent to PokeRadar Chaining".

Did you misread what was directly quoted from Serebii??

Let me enlighten you with some more sources:

http://pokemondb.net/black-white/wild-encounters
^Nope...nothing about shiny chaining in Gen V.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chaining
^Hmm..I didnt see anything about Gen V in this article either.

Here we go:
"The odds of finding a random shiny pokemon are 1 in 8192, but when you use the poke-radar in Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and encounter the same pokemon over and over you create a "chain" and you use PokeApp number 20 to check how many pokemon you have chained so far (if you encounter a different pokemon your chain is broken and you must start over), once your chain gets to 40 the odds of finding a shiny pokemon are maxed (1 in 204). However there is no Poke-radar in Pokemon Black/White so it is impossible to chain pokemon in them, And encountering the same pokemon over and over has no effect at all if you're not using the poke-radar
so unfortunately Black/White are not good games to look for shinies on."

I think the conclusion here is evident.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-04-2012, 01:54 AM
I did look it up. Nowhere on any site does it say "Gen 5 shaking spots are equivalent to PokeRadar Chaining".

Did you misread what was directly quoted from Serebii??

Let me enlighten you with some more sources:

http://pokemondb.net/black-white/wild-encounters
^Nope...nothing about shiny chaining in Gen V.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chaining
^Hmm..I didnt see anything about Gen V in this article either.

Here we go:
"The odds of finding a random shiny pokemon are 1 in 8192, but when you use the poke-radar in Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and encounter the same pokemon over and over you create a "chain" and you use PokeApp number 20 to check how many pokemon you have chained so far (if you encounter a different pokemon your chain is broken and you must start over), once your chain gets to 40 the odds of finding a shiny pokemon are maxed (1 in 204). However there is no Poke-radar in Pokemon Black/White so it is impossible to chain pokemon in them, And encountering the same pokemon over and over has no effect at all if you're not using the poke-radar
so unfortunately Black/White are not good games to look for shinies on."

I think the conclusion here is evident.

Yeah it doesProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

27t say that but does it not make the ground shake when you use pokeradar? Yes. Does the ground not randomly shake in B/W? Yes. Do both cause you to find rare pokemon? Yes. Therefore they are the same thing

Exflar
03-04-2012, 04:21 AM
The Pokeradar Function does make the ground shake, yes; but for an entirely different reason in Gen V. The Pokeradar chain programming increased the 1/8192 Probability.

In Gen V the classification of "rare" pokemon only refers to pokemon not native/common for that route.

Encountering a shiny pokemon after a long string of "ground-shakes" in Gen V still falls under the 1/8192 Probability. Finding a shiny pokemon due to Gen V "phenomena" spots is coincidental, happenstance.

Look at it this way, there is a Gen 2 function that allows the player to produce Rare Candies by giving a Shuckle a Berry. From Gen 3 onward, if you give a Shuckle a berry, it will only function as the berry is meant to function (with no rare candy in the end).

In other words, the Rare Candy function (much like the chaining function) was removed.
-You can give berries to shuckles in both Gens with different results.
-You can find pokemon in shaking grass but one Gen it's meant for shinies, Another Gen it's meant for low encountered pokemon.

Sting
03-04-2012, 05:06 AM
I have no idea

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-04-2012, 02:56 PM
The Pokeradar Function does make the ground shake, yes; but for an entirely different reason in Gen V. The Pokeradar chain programming increased the 1/8192 Probability.

In Gen V the classification of "rare" pokemon only refers to pokemon not native/common for that route.

Encountering a shiny pokemon after a long string of "ground-shakes" in Gen V still falls under the 1/8192 Probability. Finding a shiny pokemon due to Gen V "phenomena" spots is coincidental, happenstance.

Look at it this way, there is a Gen 2 function that allows the player to produce Rare Candies by giving a Shuckle a Berry. From Gen 3 onward, if you give a Shuckle a berry, it will only function as the berry is meant to function (with no rare candy in the end).

In other words, the Rare Candy function (much like the chaining function) was removed.
-You can give berries to shuckles in both Gens with different results.
-You can find pokemon in shaking grass but one Gen it's meant for shinies, Another Gen it's meant for low encountered pokemon.

Then how can you explain how I've found a few shinies by chaining in gen 5? Exactly. And it's all the statistics; you have a low chance of finding a shiny normally and a low chance of finding a shaking spot. The game is programmed to combine statistics; so the chance of finding a shiny increases tremendously each time in a row you go into a ground shaking spot. And look it up on youtube I've seen a video there of somebody chaining too

Exflar
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Did you not read what I stated to you? Encountering a shiny pokemon after a long string of "ground-shakes" in Gen V still falls under the 1/8192 Probability. The statistics remain the same in Gen V. All of the refutable sources say otherwise. Please provide evidence for your argument; in otherwords, link to the video (I've searched through youtube already, all shiny encounters have been Random, not chained).

If you say you have found several, then congrats, you're lucky enough to overcome the 1/8192 probability.