PDA

View Full Version : masuda method

xfenrir
12-28-2015, 10:41 AM
hey there. venxhero directed me to this site and hope to get my questions answered. anywho i got some question about the masuda method and i would like to know more about it. 100% about it haha
venxhero wasn't 100% but i'll look into it to make sure.

so i have an US game with 2 foreign pokemons. 6iv jpn ditto and 6iv french samurott. i've been breeding for almost an month (yes, i have both shiny charm and oval charm if anyone asks) and nothing yet. i was wondering if the masuda method will still work in my game even though both my pokemons are foreign.
i have heard people saying one has to be foreign in your game and the other pokemon, must be the same country. idk so i would like to have some answers or opinions about this.

thank you.

Inari
12-28-2015, 11:02 AM
As long as the Pokemon are from different regions then the masuda method will work. Obviously it could take 3 months or 3 days till you get a shiny and I very well know the pain of shiny breeding e.o But don't give up! You'll get your shiny soon n.n

UltraSound
12-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Tell venx I said hi!
^I second this. As long as the regions are different, it'll work. Sorry to tell you buddy, but to me it sounds like you're having the worst possible luck ever with your breeding ): Shiny charm raises the probability of hatching a shiny, but it doesn't guarantee it faster I'm afraid.
You can read more about how the method works here; http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
But I'll copy you the part you were asking about: "The most common way to arrange such a pairing is to use one foreign Pokémon and one from the game in which the breeding occurs, although the method will work in any game provided at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge."
Don't give up, you'll get that shiny Oshawott sooner or later! :3 I wish you luck!

xfenrir
12-29-2015, 05:01 AM
thank you super sonico and ultrasound! :) lol i sure am and it is my first time doing masuda method, venxhero got me doing it haha! also she said hello and hope you are doing welll, ultrasound.

i will keep at right until shiny oshawott pops up, thanks for the support!