PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL POKEBAY LEAGUE: SEASON ONE

Baby Koga
12-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Hello everyone, and welcome (or welcome back) to the Pokebay League: Season One!

If you're new here you might be wondering what this is? To put it simply, we're pretty much a real life version of the Pokémon League you'd face in the games, only our league consisted of members of this site. In this League you can face a possible number of 12 gym leaders (though only 8 badges are required to progress to the Elite 4), the Elite 4 and Champion.

Your challenge, should you decide to take on the Pokebay League, is to win at lest 8 badges from the gym leaders, defeat the entire E4 with the same 6 Pokémon, and finally, defeat the champion. Simple, right? Well, there's only one way to find out! If you're interested please read and follow all the rules below. Links to each member of the League can also be found in this thread. For those of you already familiar with the Pokebay League, a number of changes have been made which can be seen in the updates rules section.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: There has been a badge reset as of January 1st, 2016. All badges won before this date will not count towards challenging the ELITE 4! Further information on new seasons and badge resets are detailed below.

CHALLENGER RULES: UPDATED

1. To challenge, you must state so on the thread. It is then your responsibility to contact gym leaders and E4 members to organise battles (links to each member can be found below.)
2. A new rule has been passed, where the Pokebay League will now run within seasons. This is currently Season One and will run between now (January 1st) to the 30th of April, 2016. Only badges won in this time frame will count towards challenging the E4. Any badges won previously are now void and will not count towards challenging the E4. This is to keep things fresh and League activity flowing.
3. It is up to the individual gym leader, Elite 4 member or champion as to what battle format will be used.
4. The use of hacked Pokémon are strictly forbidden. Penalties up stripping one of badges, titles, or even permanent expulsion from challenging the league may ensue, at the League members' discretion.
5. No Legendary Pokémon are allowed in official League Challenges.

Gym Leaders:

The number of possible gym leaders in the Pokebay League is up to twelve, though only 8 badges are required to proceed to the Elite 4. Each leader will focus on a specific type, with the exception of one wild-card that has a move of the leader’s type. In the first match you have with them, there will be NO legends allowed on either side. Mega-evolutions are allowed. If you choose to rematch them after earning their badge, they will have a stronger team and be allowed to use one legend of their typing in the battle. This is intended to be a fun and challenging rematch and won't earn any sort of standing or title within the league.

Elite Four:

Any challenger who has gained eight PokeBay League Badges is entitled to challenge the Elite Four.

This will take place just like in the game, with the exception that you may challenge in any order you like. You may NOT switch any pokemon on your team during that time. You may, however, switch items and moves. If you lose a battle before the run is over (say you win two, then lose the third) you must start the run over again. To progress to the champion, you must win four consecutive battles against them. The Elite Four will also each focus on one type, with the exception of their wild-card.

Champion:

After defeating every member of the Elite Four consecutively, you are now allowed to move on to the Champion! The Champion may use whatever team they choose so be prepared! If you lose to the champion, you must re-start the Elite Four challenge again. You must also use the same team you challenged the Elite Four with. If you win, simply post the results of the battle and the code to the battle video if it was saved. The Champion will remain in their position until defeated by a challenger, they will then step down and enter the Hall Of Fame (See post below), with the challenger taking their place as Champion.

**Important Note!**
Should there be any suspect of cheating or bad behaviour, your title as Champion may be suspended or revoked, at the League members' discretion. In this case, the former champion shall hold his position until the issue has been addressed.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Possible Challenge Formats

Normal Battle Rules:

-Pokemon will be automatically leveled to Level fifty before the start of the battle.
-A player's team may NOT contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number (no teams of Rotom forms).
-You may use any held item or berry found in XY/ORAS.

Flat Battle Rules:
-No duplicate Pokemon or items
-All Pokemon above level fifty will be brought down to level fifty
-All Pokemon below fifty will retain their respective level
-A team of six Pokemon is brought to every battle, but only four are selected during team preview in rotation, doubles, and triples. three for singles.
-All other league rules apply.
-All battles will be fought over WiFi using the PSS on the lower DS screen.

Ineligible Pokemon:

Legends (including Phione)
Hacked pokemon obtained via QR code, powersaves, pokegen, AR or any other means of altering game data from an outside source. Challengers and leaders found to use hacks will be banned from the league.

Ability Restrictions:

All Pokemon abilities (including Hidden Abilities) are allowed as long as they have been released and are correct for that pokemon (No Wonder Guard Spiritomb, etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Cards:
Wild Cards are the exception on a team to help give them an extra oomph. It can be any pokemon, excluding legends, as long as it has at least one move matching the leader’s chosen type. Such as a rain dance Bronzong on a water team.
The league may train as many as they like, but only ONE may be present on a league member’s team at a time. Mega-Evolutions will count as wild cards unless they share the gym's typing prior to mega-evolving; such as a a Mega-Ampharos will count as a wild-card on a Dragon team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the people who you may battle to earn a badge. Either send them a VM, PM, or find them in the ChatBox to set up a time for a battle! Members you may contact for rec battles will be marked with: ♦ by their name.

Gym Leaders:

1.Coby (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?24148-Black-Manta)(Black Manta)-Water
2. Chris (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?25788-crosawood)(Crosawood)- Ground♦
3.Garrett (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?26959-Halberd-Is-The-Word)(Halberd Is The Word)- Steel (please contact to reserve a specific time for battles) ♦
4.Damian (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?2623-Johto-Silver)(Corrin)- Normal
5.Joshua (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?24164-The-world-warrior)(Yoda)- Rock♦
6.Dylan (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?17745-Fire-Lord-Dylan)(Fire Lord Dylan)- Fire (please contact to reserve a specific time for battles) ♦
7.Robin (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?4087-Mr-Butters)(Thorne)- Poison ♦
8.Aaron (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?25245-xX_L00t_Xx)(Elemental Chaos)- Grass
9.KB (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?18432-Køga)(Ash)-Ghost ♦
10.Tammie (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?28290-Bell-Cranel) (Bell Cranel)- Bug (not available to battle Mondays and Tuesdays)

Position(s) Available:
2/12

Types available:
Fighting (reserved)
Electric
Psychic
Dark
Dragon
Ice
Fairy
Flying

Elite Four: These are who you may battle once you've earned at least 8 badges.
1.Neko (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?382-Lord-Nyx)(Neko, Hourglass Lord)- Dark ♦
2.Snowy (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?16802-Sakura-Mamiya)(Sakura Mamiya)- Fire
3.Digi (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?5312-Digi-TheFallen)(Digi The Fallen)- Normal ♦
4.Kyle (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?14504-Alex-The-Dreamer)(Cakeface, Thunderlord)- Electric♦

Elite 4 Substitutes: KB and Robin

Current Champion:
Aaron (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/member.php?27177-akabane181716)(Akabane)♦

Baby Koga
12-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Applying to become a Gym Leader:

To become a gym leader, all you need to do is contact us (See leaders available for rec battles below) and have three separate trial battles with different leaders of the league. Both League members and people trying out for a gym spot may use whatever Pokemon they like, within the Pokebay League rules. League members will save the battle video and our Rec Committee will look them over to see how you did. A loss doesn't necessarily mean you won’t get it, and a win doesn't mean you will get it.
And being the only one to complete recs for an open position won't guarantee you the spot.
We’re looking for people of good character and attitude. How you interact with others around the site and how you speak and conduct yourself will have a direct impact on if you get the position you are trying for.

~You must be an active member of the site for at least a month~
~Only current and former league members are eligible to apply for Elite Four positions~

Returning to the League
If a league member leaves of their own will, they must wait a total of two months before attempting to return to the league. At that time, they must complete three rec battles with three separate league members. They may also be required to face the champion as a fourth rec, should the champion choose to accept the rec match.

**Side note**
The waiting periods can stack!
Example: A member leaves the league and the site for three months. They will have met their two month waiting period. But, when they return to the site, they will still have to wait a month to abide by the one-month activity rule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info Rep: Aaron (Elemental Chaos)
President: KB (Koga)
Forum Rep: Robin (Mr. Butters)
Rec Committee Chair: Neko (Lord Nyx)

Original Champion of the league: Cloud

Hall Of Fame:

Former Champions will be listed here as of 03-01-2015:
Grant: November 23, 2014 --- April 19, 2015
Chris: July 1, 2015 --- January 22, 2016
Aaron: January 22, 2016 ---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Badges Awarded:
Here a list will be kept track of who was won what badge. Badges have been reset as midnight, January 1st, 2016 (GMT). All badges won previously will not be counted towards challenging the E4 for this season.

After every challenge, the gym leader may leave a comment on the result of the battle and some of their thoughts on how the challenger performed. Please note that this is optional, but does help keep track of gym records and people who have won badges.

Coby [Dark]: KB, Akabane, Neko, Tammie, Robin

Damian [Normal]: KB, Akabane, Josh, Neko

Robin [Poison]: KB, Josh, Akabane, Neko, Chris, Jordan, Digi

KB [Ghost]: Robin, Akabane, Josh, Damian, Chris, Neko, Jdunn, Geo, Swag

Aaron (Akabane) [Dragon]: Garrett, Robin, KB, Josh, Varis

Garrett [Steel]: KB, Tammie, Akabane, Josh, Robin, Justin, Seth, Geo

Dylan [Fire]: Josh, KB, Akabane

Joshua [Rock]: Akabane, Chris, KB, Taekwondo, Geo, Digger Dug, Garrett, Justin, Robin, Coby

Aaron (xX_L00t_Xx) [Grass]: KB, Robin, Josh, Akabane, Neko

Chris [Dragon]: Jordan

Jordan [Flying]:

Tammie [Bug]: Robin, Chris, Akabane

Any badges to be added or names that need to be changed, please inform me, Mr. Butters and I will make said changes as soon as I can.

~So you want to be a Master
OF POK-E-BAY!
Have you got the skills to go
ALL-THE-Way?!~

KingKyrl
12-31-2015, 10:49 PM
I would like to apply for Water Position .

akabane181716
01-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Ok guys. It says that I have to post on the thread so that's what I'm doing. I'll be challenging the pokemon league and will be in contact with the other gym leaders soon. Just making the official word here

Baby Koga
01-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Quick update.

It is not necessary to comment on here to challenge the League, but it does help. Just please make others aware that people are officially challenging.

Also, the new season is officially underway! All badges have been reset. Only Joshi may continue through the E4 until he either completes it or is defeated. Everyone else must earn 8 new badges this season to challenge the Elite 4. All previous badges earned before now will not count!

Best of luck to all challengers and League members! :)

Digger_Dug
01-02-2016, 12:50 AM
I wish to take the challenge and have been waiting to do so for some time.

Baby Koga
01-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Challenger KB vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 2-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: It couldn't have been any closer really. We each had to play around different strategies and in the end it came down to RNG rolls I'm pretty sure. GG, Bro!

----------

Challenger Digi vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 1-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: Another really close game. Freeze hax really put me at a disadvantage early on, but was made up for with a Para-hax in my favour. The only thing I would have done differently if I were you was to use an ice type move instead of earth power since you were locked into it. Other than that it was really close and nice team. GG dude!

kiwi303
01-02-2016, 03:11 AM
I will be challenging leaders soon once my team is ready! I might have to do it based off like appointment of that is OK because work and school starts in 3 days for me!

crosawood
01-02-2016, 07:05 AM
hmm unless I have a challenger n teh next 48 hours I'm gonna challenge the gyms to have some fun. If that is a no go I understand

jdunn073
01-02-2016, 07:14 AM
I will take the challenge

Yoda
01-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Not sure who handles this now but akabane and Chris just won my badge

rog02cr
01-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Hi guys I'm ready to challenge the gym leaders FC will be on my profile

I Am Grrtt
01-04-2016, 01:15 AM
Gym vs Gym Challenge:
Akabane181716 (Dragon) vs Bisharp Takes Knight (Steel)
Result: 0-2, Steel wins.
I'm told I'm the first winner of the Midevil Badge. I expect a rematch in the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Gym vs Gym Challenge :
KB (Ghost) vs Garrett (Steel)
Result :
KB wins the Chevalier Badge.

Baby Koga
01-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Challenger KB vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 0-2 to KB
Comment: There was a fair exchange of hax throughout the game, but KB came out on top. GG as always xD

WondoRules!!!
01-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Alright 1 down 7 to go and also 1 down 2 to go

Ash
01-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Alright 1 down 7 to go and also 1 down 2 to go

Just to avoid confusion, Taekwondo means:

- He has 1/7 badges
- He has 1/3 rec battles

Being a little bit more specific will help in the future! :)

I Am Grrtt
01-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Challenger Tamm vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: Tamm wins 3-0, Tamm is awarded the Chevalier Badge.

Ash
01-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Challenger Josh (Yoda) vs Gym Leader KB
Result: 4-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: Josh and I have battled each other for quite a while now and it's really nice to see how well he is doing. You seem to handle yourself well in tight situations and try your best to counter your problems in battle. There's still a bit more that could be done though, but you're getting there! GG, breh!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Chris (crosa) vs Gym Leader KB
Result: 1-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: We have battled since when you were first challenging the League. I know I've given your some trouble since you actually became Champ without earning my badge :p The team was solid, with strats and moveset made to specifically counted a lot of mine Pokemon's. Besides being a really close battle, there is still some work to be done. You're close! GG, Chris!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Josh (Yoda) vs Gym Leader KB
Comment: This battle was pretty quick and straight forward. The team was focused on inflicting damage and it was all going great until a specific turn in which you got really unlucky with a miss. It could have probably given you a few K.O's xD. GG, breh!

WondoRules!!!
01-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Just to avoid confusion, Taekwondo means:

- He has 1/7 badges
- He has 1/3 rec battles

Being a little bit more specific will help in the future! :)

Whoops sorry

Baby Koga
01-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Challenger Tammie vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 3-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: It was pretty close game until the end. I think you made a couple of questionable switch ins, but I really like this team and I'm looking forward to battling against some of these in the future. GG Tamm!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Cross vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 4/5-0 to Gym Leader (I think?)
Comment: Sorry, I actually forgot to save this battle -_-' GG all the same tho!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Taekwondo vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 5-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: I think you were relying a bit too much on luck. Hypnosis and confuse ray can be really good, but you could have done a lot more damage if you attacked more, especially using moonblast. Nice team tho and GG!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Taekwondo vs Gym Leader Robin
Comment: Pretty much same as the last battle. GG all the same tho. Luck forward to the rematch :)

Novix
01-05-2016, 02:31 AM
Challenger Joshua vs Gym Leader Dylan
Result: 0-3 to Challenger
Comment: Not much i can do against a team of Water pkm lol but oh well, gg!

Challenger Taekwondo vs Gym Leader Dylan
Comment: Looking forward to our next battle!

Challenger Koga vs Gym Leader Dylan
Result: 0-1 to Challenger
Comment: Close game like always. Gg

Challenger CGBM vs Gym Leader Dylan
Result: 4-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: Always a good battle with old friends =) looking forward to another one!

Challnger DiggerDug vs Gym Leader Dylan
Result: 6-0 to Gym Leader
Comment: Seemed like a thrown together team which is understandable for not being familiar to the battle format gg tho, cant wait for a rematch!

akabane181716
01-05-2016, 08:22 AM
After 3 tries I was finally able to pry the Chevalier badge away from garrett with extreme difficulty.

Yoda
01-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm tired rn and can't think up any comments xD but the following people have won my badge in the past 2 days

Justin (cgbm)
Kb (Køga)
Garreth (bisharp takes knight)
Geo (Shintaro kisaragi)
Chris (crosawood)
Aaron (Akabane)
Digger dug
Taekwondo

Well I think that's all if I missed anyone feel free to tell me

I Am Grrtt
01-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Last night both Akabane and Yoda managed to best my gym. They have both been awarded the Chevalier Badge.

Varis
01-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Hey, I'm Varis and new to this whole idea. I'm ready to step up to the challenge though!!

Baby Koga
01-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Challenger Joshua vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 0-3 Challenger win.
Comment: Once my dark type went down your mega went boss mode. Nicely played and GG!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Akabane vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 0-6 challenger win
Comment: A simple strategy that I failed to snuff out early in the match. Once you were set up there was nothing we could do. It was pretty embarrassing on my part. Nicely played and GG

akabane181716
01-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Feel free to stop in the chat at anytime to see who is around. Or send a pm. All the gum leaders are listed in this thread. Good luck!!

Yoda
01-07-2016, 02:26 AM
Challenger robin vs gym leader joshua

It started out slow with a stall out but once you took out my tank it was all over
Good job

Ash
01-07-2016, 02:48 AM
Challenger robin vs gym leader joshua

It started out slow with a stall out but once you took out my tank it was all over
Good job

Who won? What was the score? What's the name of the badge he was awarded with? Come on breh, you can do this >.>

Yoda
01-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Who won? What was the score? What's the name of the badge he was awarded with? Come on breh, you can do this >.>

<.< really I didn't think we had to post all that, I thought it was obvious that robin won and I don't remember the score, he won the vlok badge® Kbai

Baby Koga
01-09-2016, 01:27 AM
Challenger Chris vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 2-0 to gym leader
Comment: Getting closer! Keep it up! gg

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Neko vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 3-0 to gym leader
Comment: I felt I made really good reads in this match and had a good match up against most of your team. Great battle as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Aaron(L00t) vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 5-3 forfeit to gym leader
Comment: Considering the blatant advantage I had, you still managed to paralyse my ground type and poison my wild card XD GG

- - - Updated - - -

Result: 4-0 to gym leader
Comment: It was nice to see you changing up your team, and tbf, you got Para haxed twice which is very unlucky. Still tho, gg

I Am Grrtt
01-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Had a challenge from Justin this evening. I'd call it a solid win on my part. I'm looking forward to the next challenge from him.

Baby Koga
01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Challenger Justin vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 1-0 to gym leader
Comment: Between me only bringing 5 mons, but then getting incredibly lucky with hax, I don't think it's the game either of us wanted, but gg all the same!

- - - Updated - - -

Result: 2-0 to gym leader
Comment: That went down to the wire. Sleep talk luck seemed to be on your side at the start, but not so much at the end. In all, it was a GG as always. Looking forward to the rematch!

Ash
01-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Hey bro, could you add Aaron (Dragon) to the list of rec hosts, please? :)

Yoda
01-13-2016, 06:53 AM
Challenger coby vs gym leader josh

It was gym vs gym his team (though I didn't get to see it all) was solid and really packed a punch, in the end he won the vlok badge

Inari
01-13-2016, 01:29 PM
I can't wait to begin my Rec battles cause I'd love to be back in the league. If I do get back in I'd like to pursue the Dark type ^.^

I Am Grrtt
01-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Gym vs Gym Challenge: Garrett (Steel) vs Robin (Poison)
Result : Robin Wins, 5-0.
Robin has been awarded the Chevalier Badge.

Ash
01-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Challenger Neko vs Gym Leader KB
Result: 3-0 to Neko
Comment: This was a great battle! It was nice to see you going back to your roots for a bit with your new team. The battle itself was close but a certain turn was a game changer for me. You did fantastic work! GG, Neko-chan!

I Am Grrtt
01-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Challenger mindlessseth vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 1-0 to Challenger
Comment: This was a very good, and very close battle. I failed to make a final gamble on the last turn that might've pulled it out for me. 5/5 would battle again. Great showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Justin vs Gym Leader Garrett
Result: 1-0 Justin
Comment: My second very close match of the night. His impromptu Lopunny/Dragonite combo managed to remove all momentum from my team, and quite probably led to his victory. There were one or two moments where I almost threw my 3ds. It was a seriously close battle by the end.

Baby Koga
01-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Challenger Justin vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 5-0 to gym leader
Comment: Don't really remember much about this battle, only ditto being annoying and Nidoking putting in the work. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Garret vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 5-0 to gym leader
Comment: Once your wild card went down Nidoking went and did his thing. Nidoking takes Bisharp lol JK :P GG

- - - Updated - - -

Result: 3-0 (I think) to gym leader
Comment: There was a lot of maneuvering involved to break through your tricks. I played for the crit as that's what Crimson does best and it payed off. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Result: 0-3 to challenger
Comment: There was a lot of momentum swings in this match. In the end it came down to a 50/50 when my mega hit himself in confusion and that was game. Illumise for MVP. You have been awarded the Alchemy Badge. GG as always, dude!

crosawood
01-18-2016, 05:46 AM
Okay since people are getting close to challange me I thought posting the best days I can take the challenges would be wise. The main days I am completely free are Monday afternoons, And sundays. Other then that pm me and I will check my schedule

I Am Grrtt
01-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Challenger Neko vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 1-0 Challenger. Neko is awarded the Chevalier Badge.
Comment: a very close match at the end, really came down to how much damage Lelouch could do in one turn.

Baby Koga
01-18-2016, 07:52 PM
Result 1-0 to gym leader
Comment: really close game. Having to dance around a faster replica of your own Pokemon is always difficult, but we literally hung in there with 1 hp lol. GG

I Am Grrtt
01-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Challenger Chris (Champ) vs Gym Leader Garrett
Result: 0-1 Gym Leader
Comment: I was definitely on the ropes for a while, but managed to come back with Catherine and Nova. A good match, and I look forward to the next challenge.

I Am Grrtt
01-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Challenger Chris (Champ) vs Gym Leader Garrett
Result: 0-3 Gym Leader
Comment: This match was played in Flat Rotation against a FEAR setup. I consider it a right of passage, and upon hearing that our champ hadn't faced it yet, I couldn't resist. Don't expect that setup to work a second time on him.

crosawood
01-19-2016, 07:00 PM
I regret nothing with fighting against that fear set up!

Yoda
01-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Challenger varis vs gym leader yoda

This match was pretty straight forward not many tricks happened just a balanced team that focussed on damage and it did it well.

In the end he came out on top and won the vlok badge, congrats

Baby Koga
01-20-2016, 03:49 AM
Comment: Another close battle. I had think long term to maneuver around your team. GG, dude!

Yoda
01-20-2016, 04:40 AM
Challenger jdunn vs leader yoda

Not much to say about this battle his team was great and he won

Nice job

I Am Grrtt
01-20-2016, 08:08 AM
I regret nothing with fighting against that fear set up!

You did very well at adapting after that first turn. Chandelure just happened to be the ghost my team is most equipped to fight since I compensate against Fire normally and had a Dark type immediately available.

jdunn073
01-20-2016, 06:54 PM
I would like to apply for the flying position please

Type: Null111
01-20-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm a bit nervous, But. I'd like to try for the Electric Gym leader. HOWEVER, I dont want to waste anyone's time as I don't completely have a team yet. I'm just learning Natures and whatnot. I can try for Season 2 if that would be better while I train a team. You guys seem fun. And I am on...alot. ☺No hard feelings if you guys say no.

I Am Grrtt
01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
For those interested in joining the league, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Please send PMs to myself or Neko for more information or to get the application process started.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Chris (Crosa) vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 0-2 to Gym Leader
Comment: An excellent attempt. Temperance had me VERY worried, and would've swept me if Nova had been slower after the Sticky Web. I always enjoy our battles. Looking forward to challenge #4!

Ash
01-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Challenger Jordan vs Gym Leader KB
Result: (unsure) Gym Leader wins
Comment: This battle was intense. Neither side was giving up and we were both trying to pull through. Near the end there were some mind games but we both did our best with what we had. Very good match. GG, Jordan!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Jordan vs Gym Leader KB
Result: 5-0 to challenger
Comment: This battle was pretty straight forward. Jordan was focused and he did what he had to do. There were mistakes on my part which cost me later on in the match but I did what I could. GG Jordan!

crosawood
01-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Aaron defeated me....
X6SG-WWWW-WW3E-EDCT
There is the video if anyone wants to watch it

I Am Grrtt
01-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Challenger Geo (Shintaro Kisaragi) vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 2-0 to Challenger
Comment: Something of a wacky match, with at least half my team, and one of his pokes all doing absolutely nothing but fainting. Well played.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Chris (Crosa) vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 0-4 to Gym Leader.
Comment: Solid choices were made on both sides, ultimately my tough pokes outlasted his. I look forward to your next challenge!

Baby Koga
01-28-2016, 03:29 AM
Result: 0-2 to challenger
Comment: At first I was still in my 1st team mode and forgot I'd changed mega, but reflecting back on it, Chris' own mega was the perfect counter/revenge killer to my former mega. It was nicely played. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger Jordan v Gym Leader Robin
Result: 0-2 to challenger
Comment: Tbh, it would have been a clean 5-0 sweep for Jordan had I not got a crit on a Dragonite. Even with that, I made the biggest choke this season in trying to over predict. It was stupid, but Jordan played well and it all evened out in the end. Well deserved victory. GG

jdunn073
01-31-2016, 06:51 PM
[B]Challenger Digil VS. Leader Jordan
[B] Result 5-0 in gym leaders favor

The battle started out in his favor he caught me off guard with a different set i wasnt use to however i was able to play around a rough start and set up a 6 mon sweep overall it was a good battle

I Am Grrtt
02-01-2016, 08:37 PM
I realized I've been neglecting to post here since the Battle Central went live. I've had 2 challenges from Digi. Challenge one ended 1-0 in my favor, challenge two ended 2-0 in my favor. They were both good battles, and I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

jdunn073
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Challenger justin vs. Leader jordan

Result: 5-0 in leaders favor

This was a good battle very stally on both sides early on eventually i was able to bring in magma dragun and clean up the game. Good job looking forward to the rematch

- - - Updated - - -

Challenger garrett vs. Leader jordan

Result: 4-0 in leaders favor

I had alot of fun this battle it was a different team than i was use to garret having my wildcard did alot of work and helped me setup a nice mini sweep with my reckless great game garrett im looking forward to our next one soon

Baby Koga
02-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Result: 0-3 to challenger
Comment: Digi used a really cool team. I honestly had no idea what to expect and was really caught off guard. Nicely played and GG!

jdunn073
02-08-2016, 11:16 PM
These two battles happend about 4 days ago sorry i am just now getting around to posting them on here

Champion bane vs. Leader jordan
Result 1-0 in gym leaders favor

This was a very tough battle bane almost beat me a number of times but i was able to bring it back through a lot of switching and wearing his team down he is a very good battler and there is a reason he is the current champion

- - - Updated - - -

Gym leader coby vs. Gym leader jordan
This was a leader vs leader match result 2-0 in my favor he was out playing me early on and had me beat until he mis played and i was able to setup a sweep very good battle

Baby Koga
02-16-2016, 05:59 PM
I know I'm a bit late here for one of these updates, but I'd like to welcome Jordan (Jdunn) to the League as our new Flying Gym Leader. I'd also like to welcome back Tammie who now leads the Bug Gym. Best of luck to both of you!

WondoRules!!!
02-16-2016, 07:56 PM
I know I'm a bit late here for one of these updates, but I'd like to welcome Jordan (Jdunn) to the League as our new Flying Gym Leader. I'd also like to welcome back Tammie who now leads the Bug Gym. Best of luck to both of you!

One question... How many more rec battle must thou do?

Baby Koga
02-16-2016, 08:22 PM
@Taekwondo I'll pm Neko and see what he says.

League Update:
For those of you challenging the E4, both Neko and Kyle will not be around this week. I'll be temporarily taking Neko's place until the weekend, and KB will be covering for Kyle until he gets his team sorted.

Baby Koga
02-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Gym Leader Tammie vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 3-0 to Gym Leader Robin
Comment: This battle was incredibly intense. It honestly could have gone either way, but the ultimatum came down to one of my pokemon surviving on 1 hp which swung the momentum in my favor. Still was a tough battle to the very end. GG Tammie!

Ash
02-17-2016, 11:55 PM
SabreWolf vs Gym Leader KB
Result: 2-0 to challenger
Comment: This was a good Double battle. I did some mistakes that could have probably saved me some trouble later in the match but I still managed to hold on. Swaggy's team was well equipped and he knew what to do on the exact situations. Very good battle, GG Swaggy!

- - - Updated - - -

Psst bro, you should update the Gym Leaders list with our current names. Coby, Damian, You and I need changes :p

I Am Grrtt
02-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Challenger Chris (crosawood) vs Gym Leader Garrett (Steel)
Result: 0-2 to Gym Leader
Comment: A pretty good battle. I was getting a little worried near the middle of it, but Katherine managed to pull me through the last few threats. Looking forward to your next challenge Chris!

Baby Koga
02-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Challenger Garrett vs Gym Leader Robin
Result: 1-0 to gym leader
Comment: This really came down to the wire. We both got 1 instance of hax on one another so it was pretty even in that respect. Had you used a STAB move on my wc, this battle could have been a lot different. GG

crosawood
02-24-2016, 02:37 AM
Hey throwing this out here. I will be inactive for a few days while I wait to get a replacement 3ds

Ash
02-24-2016, 05:40 AM
Hey throwing this out here. I will be inactive for a few days while I wait to get a replacement 3ds

Alright, let me know when you will start to be inactive. Also, you might want to change to signature quote a bit as you are no longer the Champ.

Sonic7777
03-07-2016, 06:05 AM
I would like to challenge the Pokébay League. I would also like to challenge all 12 Gym Leaders before the Elite 4 (11 leaders if 12th isn't ready by my 11th badge.) Is that ok Thorne?

Baby Koga
03-07-2016, 06:45 PM
That's awesome, Sonic! Make sure you're familiar with all the rules. You can either find League members on chatbox or pm/vm them through their respective links on the first post. Best of luck :)

Killaking032
04-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I wish to challenge and move forward to reach my goal of becoming a gym leader

I Am Grrtt
04-11-2016, 04:39 PM
We're glad to hear it Killaking. The first step is to start challenging Leaders. Access our League Battle page (http://www.pokebay.com/battleleague.php?3-PokeBay-League-(Official)) for access to the Battle Requests.

Baby Koga
04-13-2016, 03:46 PM
SEASON 1 is officially finished. I believe a new thread will be appearing soon for Season 2. Stay tuned, folks, and best of luck to the League next season ^-^