PDA

View Full Version : Hopes and dreams for the new games

UltraSound
02-28-2016, 11:51 AM
For anyone who got the reference in the title, I love you. May you be filled with determination on your journey.

Anyhow! What's everyone's hopes for the new games/possibly 7th generation? What kind of pokémon designs do you want?

A similar thread to give everyone some ideas: http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?8392-Future-of-Pok%E9mon-games

All I'm hoping for right now is a cute water type pokémon. Pls.

Inari
02-28-2016, 12:30 PM
I just want the option to have Pokemon follow us.. And bringing back the Pokeathlon.. And bringing back Apricorn balls.. Yeah I loved HGSS a lot xD

Yoda
02-28-2016, 12:48 PM
ALL I NEED IS THE SUN!!

And better character customization

Sakura Mamiya
02-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Trainer customization from X/Y. I loved that. Maybe something like the Pokewalker from HG/SS where you have the optional opportunity to send your Pokémon to Pokémon GO and walk around/battle with them outside of game. That would really boost the real life trainer concept a bit. xD

Ash
02-28-2016, 08:08 PM
All I want is the Pokemon World Tournament from BW2 back. Being able to battle all the past Gym Leaders and even Champs in a tournament was AMAZING! It needs to be a thing again or else I'll sue Nintendo. >.>

Type: Null111
02-28-2016, 08:31 PM
I like what Tam and Snowy said. I loved walking around with my pokemon. And I loved the customization with X/Y. Though new pokemon to play with would be awesome. And: Mega Noivern FTW!!!!

Baby Koga
02-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Mega Nidoking and Mega Flygon have to be a thing! I'm also hoping for G/S approach where Sun and Moon take place in the territory east of Kalos, and you can go back and revisit the region, its League, and maybe bring "Pokemon Z" into it that way?

WondoRules!!!
02-29-2016, 01:43 AM
Challenging/ReChallenging the Pokemon leagues

GRONK
02-29-2016, 09:16 AM
mega tropius anyone?

That_Celebi__Person
02-29-2016, 11:38 AM
I want to be able to walk with my Pokemon again c: also, I want the character customization, annnnnd the vs seeker back xD. Maybe to rechallange gym leaders? I'm so hyped for the new games either way! xD!!

UltraSound
02-29-2016, 12:19 PM
I agree with all of these

I just want the option to have Pokemon follow us.. And bringing back the Pokeathlon.. And bringing back Apricorn balls.. Yeah I loved HGSS a lot xD

Specially this one :D Apricorns YEAH! Man I love Pokeathlon, and the bug catching contest.

WondoRules!!!
02-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Did anyone else notice that in the Pokemon XY episode all eyes on the future after ash beats Olympia she says the vision she has and while she's doing it there are two stones going around her that look like the stones that appear in the Japanese logo for Pokemon sun and moon? I did...

chuwachuwa
02-29-2016, 06:11 PM
I think they should bring back Pokemon following you, and also I want to revisit some older regions like HGSS did. I think they should also bring back the Pokeathlon. Better character customization would be good as well. To be honest I don't really like the new graphics, I prefer HGSS and D&P graphics hence the reason they are my favourite. I would also like to see a few older characters come back like Cynthia did in Black and White. I would like to see the bug catching contest as well like UltraSound said.
It would be nice to see some pre evolutions this game and some new mega evolutions (Mega Raichu) and also every starter evolution should get a mega evolution. I think the best Pokemon Centre designs were the ones in 4th generation games so it would be nice to have that design again because I hate the PokeMart and Pokemon Centre in one building.

UltraSound
03-01-2016, 10:54 AM
I think they could get some interesting stuff out of pokémon following you, like, you have a certain pokémon at a certain place or at a certain time and some magic would happen/your pokémon would react differently. Like in HG/SS when climbing the mountain to Red, or when a water pokémon stands by a fireplace. Also I miss Red. I want to experience that post game exploring and coming across some lone guy in an insanely hard to get place, not saying a word, just starting a battle that's super hard. Also more creepiness.

Yoda
03-02-2016, 06:28 AM
I think they could get some interesting stuff out of pokémon following you, like, you have a certain pokémon at a certain place or at a certain time and some magic would happen/your pokémon would react differently. Like in HG/SS when climbing the mountain to Red, or when a water pokémon stands by a fireplace. Also I miss Red. I want to experience that post game exploring and coming across some lone guy in an insanely hard to get place, not saying a word, just starting a battle that's super hard. Also more creepiness.

Of course ultra would want to meet a creepy mute guy out in the middle of nowhere :P

UltraSound
03-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Of course ultra would want to meet a creepy mute guy out in the middle of nowhere :P

How dare you kinkshame me

Yoda
03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
How dare you kinkshame me

Hahahaha xD

Tempest
03-04-2016, 05:17 AM
10 bucks Lunatone and Solrock get Mega Evo lol

S.A. Natsu
03-04-2016, 06:50 AM
10 bucks Lunatone and Solrock get Mega Evo lol

tbh Nintendo has been constantly saying they don't want to do things that are expected. Hence why there was no Gray version, no Z version... We ain't even get Mega Flygon lol. So I'm thinking we MIGHT not get Mega Solrock or Lunatone.

World Tournament sounds great! Nintendo maker also stated the future games would be going back to a simpler phase and design style of Red and Green, so who knows what that means, but if it means no more megas and more Pokemon than what Kalos gave us, I'm all for that.

Ninfias
03-07-2016, 10:36 AM
pokemon following you has always been the best thing that was NEVER brought back since HG/SS. and trainer customization, adding new clothes, hats, dresses, pants, whatever you like should be brought back too. And also more diverse skin colors (maybe a slider that went darker and had more variety?). really looking forward to it :o

UltraSound
03-07-2016, 04:11 PM
How would you guys like them to go about the pokémon following you thing though if they ever brought it back? I'd think it'd be difficult to make the 3D models follow you...

zapdos2004
03-09-2016, 06:53 AM
The thought of pokemon sun and moon coming out

It fills you with

DITERMINATION!

But I really want my darling shiny umbreon to follow me!

S.A. Natsu
03-10-2016, 12:24 AM
As long as the following you you thing is OPTIONAL I don't care. Pokemon following you annoyed me in HG/SS. And several of the Pokemon following you makes no sense. Metapod for example, or other Pokemon who are slow and couldn't possibly keep up. Disobedient Pokemon wouldn't follow you. Legends following is kinda cool and also a bit silly, lol. Long story short, just make it optional.

UltraSound
03-10-2016, 12:40 PM
^Relating to that, if it's not made optional, at least make it so you can't have certain pokémon following you, or that you can't ex. go inside a cave with a huge pokémon. Maybe in snowy areas you couldn't have grass pokémon follow you and so on.

CaptnBarbossa
03-13-2016, 11:00 AM
HM items rather then moves that I have to teach pokemon.. so I can actually have 6 Pokes I like rather then 3/4 I like and two HM slaves.

Kittgurl66
03-19-2016, 03:02 AM
I would like to see them use Pokémon SS/HG walking partners, and trainer customizations from X/Y, plus the chance to use other vehicles like the trailer showed beforehand. I think that they should have the Pokémon that are walking besides their trainers, have them be the right height compared to said trainer. Also I want a Pokewalker like before to work with along with street pass.

Nervyr
04-05-2016, 02:12 AM
i want an Ice/Poison Pseudo-Legendary

and also Trainer customization/poke-follow outside of balls

also Mega Volcarona would be nice.

and the Professor to be the big bad at the end.

that is all.

S.A. Natsu
04-06-2016, 01:06 PM
I was thinking, what about customizable poke balls. Like balls designed like Pokemon or something to make it different

Yoda
04-06-2016, 06:39 PM
I was thinking, what about customizable poke balls. Like balls designed like Pokemon or something to make it different

I've been wanting this ever since I found out about custom pokeball animations in gen 4

UltraSound
04-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I've been wanting this ever since I found out about custom pokeball animations in gen 4

Assuming you bean the seals/ball capsules from HG/SS? :P Yes, definitely bring those back. They'd be so cool in 3D. It might be a very minor detail/thing you can do in game, but it's still so much fun to collect them and add a personal touch to your pokémon. I also really liked collecting the shiny leaves and a crown for the pokémon I liked.

S.A. Natsu
04-08-2016, 01:47 AM
More gym options would be cool. The game has like maybe 15-20 gyms and we can pick which 8 we wanna go to, so we can discuss different gym battling experiences and stuff. And they don't have to be in any special order. They'll level up in difficulty depending on what order we battle them in.

DCtheLucario
04-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I agree with the majority of the things said so far, I would also say for a Difficulty option or just make the game harder, in my opinion the game is getting easier or easier, or is that because im getting older...

UltraSound
04-12-2016, 10:04 AM
I agree with the majority of the things said so far, I would also say for a Difficulty option or just make the game harder, in my opinion the game is getting easier or easier, or is that because im getting older...

Pretty much the only reason I find the newest games hard is that I need to keep my pokémon under the level limit until they start disobeying me. I no longer avoid trainers cause they're hard to beat, I avoid them so I won't get too much EXP. Even with EXP share off I still have this problem.

bobby64
04-25-2016, 11:23 PM
I REALLY want a way to get ash greninja

Also in the anime the woman was talking about his greninja also in the manga similar stones are in it and they fuse into Pokemon making them different looking

I would love to have a way to get shiny zygarde final form for free like they did in hg/ss with shiny gyrados

Also one last thing NO MORE SHINY/EVENT LOCK I think that idea was stupid in the first place US got lots of shinies in black/white now in XY/ORAS Japan has everything

- - - Updated - - -

Also we need mega

Weavile
Victini
Hg/ss starters
Black/white starters
Mismagius
Dragonite
Gliscar
And Ho-oh/Lugia

pokechamp9690
04-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Walking with pokemon and the bug catching contest

UltraSound
06-15-2016, 10:21 AM
One thing I'm like 99% sure they won't do in the new game but hopefully, maybe, in the future;
You start your adventure and you can go anywhere, and the area difficulty would change depending on your process.
If you went to Route 1 first, you'd encounter Rattata's level 2-5, but if you went there last, you'd find level 50 Raticates.
You could challenge the gyms in whatever order you like. If you went to Gym X first, you'd have to fight a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto around level 10-20, but if it was the last gym you're challenging you'd be against like Altaria, Pidgeot and Talonflame etc. leveled 50-70.

bobby64
06-16-2016, 11:44 PM
One thing I'm like 99% sure they won't do in the new game but hopefully, maybe, in the future;
You start your adventure and you can go anywhere, and the area difficulty would change depending on your process.
If you went to Route 1 first, you'd encounter Rattata's level 2-5, but if you went there last, you'd find level 50 Raticates.
You could challenge the gyms in whatever order you like. If you went to Gym X first, you'd have to fight a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto around level 10-20, but if it was the last gym you're challenging you'd be against like Altaria, Pidgeot and Talonflame etc. leveled 50-70.

I like that idea too

Kam17
07-16-2016, 07:40 PM

I agree the Pokeathlon was pretty interesting and fun. Not a fan of Pokemon Contests, Musicals, or all that random side stuff in the past. The Pokeathlon is different and pretty fun and I'd like to see it redone better perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the Starters and I love the Region. I want there to be more life in the Alola Region then there was in Kalos. I want it to be as open as possible and to be somewhat difficult again. The Islands are already diverse and seem much bigger then in the full map with lots to do. As for the Pokemon I hope they give us more new pokemon then what they gave us in Kalos. I like having the older pokemon but I'm excited to capture and train all the new pokemon and see what they can do. I want new Megas too so I can recapture and train some older pokemon. Also Alola Region NEEDS a Fire Dancer and a Tiki pokemon considering the region is based on Hawaii.

UltraSound
07-17-2016, 10:09 AM
I want there to be more life in the Alola Region then there was in Kalos. I want it to be as open as possible and to be somewhat difficult again. The Islands are already diverse and seem much bigger then in the full map with lots to do.

Second this. A more open world would certainly be a step away from the pokémon we're used to, but I wouldn't be against it. I liked finding side stuff like riding the skiddos. I know the main thing still is battles, but I'd like to see some diversity.

Also, to add to the pokémon we need list; Hummingbirds.

Greninja134
07-28-2016, 08:41 PM
We should have two teams, like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire did.

duyencold
10-19-2016, 04:40 AM
I love Pokemon, they are very diverse and I'm collecting it is really cute too