PDA

View Full Version : Starters revealed!

Inari
05-10-2016, 12:58 PM
The video showing the Starters for Sun and Moon: https://youtu.be/Kn25hijDL7c

We have Rowlet the Grass/Flying Owl that has a new move Leafage!

Litten the Fire type Kitten!

And last but not least Popplio the Water type Seel!

Share your thoughts below and speculate what they evolve into and who you will be choosing in November!

I'll be choosing Rowlet cause owls are cute!!

Oblixa
05-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I always go grass type starter, might as well continue tradition. I'll probably get Moon, cause that bat thing looked pretty awesome.

UltraSound
05-10-2016, 05:25 PM
I can not properly put into words in any language I've ever learned how disappointed I am in that cat. Just...awful. Shadow the Hedhegod morphed with your first furry oc and that thing was born.

Also I'm going to be incredibly angry if it turns out that Popplio evolves into some kind of circus clown themed sealion...

I like Rowlet though. No strong feelings on the legendaries, except that I'm still very tired of the cluttery designs of legendaries. Just look at Lugia, that thing is epic without having a million spikes and stripes and random golden thingies sticking out of it. Couldn't even tell what was happening with the Moon legendary's face or where it's body begins and ends, but I kind of like the Sun legendary.

The gameplay looks nice, so do the characters. The only thing that bugs me is whatever-the-derp is the female character wearing on her head. A three fingered rubber glove? Is something eating her head? I dunno. Whatever it is, I would not run around wearing that thing embarrassing myself in public.

Oblixa
05-10-2016, 07:08 PM
I am pretty disappointed by the starters honestly. I mean...they just look poorly thought through. The owl is the only one I can even kinda tolerate. So, good thing it's the grass one lol

Inari
05-10-2016, 07:12 PM
The gameplay looks nice, so do the characters. The only thing that bugs me is whatever-the-derp is the female character wearing on her head. A three fingered rubber glove? Is something eating her head? I dunno. Whatever it is, I would not run around wearing that thing embarrassing myself in public.

Omg I totally agree with the weird glove beanie thing xD gosh I hope there's a hat store close to the starting town.

UltraSound
05-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Omg I totally agree with the weird glove beanie thing xD gosh I hope there's a hat store close to the starting town.

Agreed. That thing just needs to be burned.
I am the fashion police.

WondoRules!!!
05-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Agreed. That thing just needs to be burned.
I am the fashion police.

BEE-DOO BEE-DOO BEE-DOO! FASHION POLICE! OPEN UP!

UltraSound
05-11-2016, 09:34 AM
BEE-DOO BEE-DOO BEE-DOO! FASHION POLICE! OPEN UP!

THIS IS A RAID. We're confiscating all your hats. All your hats are belong to us.
All confiscated hats will be returned after they've properly been turned into socks.
No but seriously. Why do guys get a normal, cool looking cap, and girls get...whatever that is? That's like giving the other half of people cake and the other half a stick with poo on it. Not fair.

Ash
05-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Just...awful. Shadow the Hedhegod morphed with your first furry oc and that thing was born.

This. I was going to post here talking over the things I didn't like but I can top that sentence as it pretty much covers everything lol.

DarkEnder
05-12-2016, 01:03 AM
I am dissapointed in the starters. I guess Ill probably go with rowlet or litten. The legendarys look cool though.

WondoRules!!!
05-12-2016, 03:14 AM
THIS IS A RAID. We're confiscating all your hats. All your hats are belong to us.
All confiscated hats will be returned after they've properly been turned into socks.
No but seriously. Why do guys get a normal, cool looking cap, and girls get...whatever that is? That's like giving the other half of people cake and the other half a stick with poo on it. Not fair.
ALL HATS ARE CONFISCATED! GO! GO! GO!

And yeah I totally agree! (And im a guy)

venxhero
05-13-2016, 08:14 AM
I honestly didn't pay close attention to the characters xP (I notice there's 'more' skin colors lol)

So this is WAY different I ever imagined xD I'm on different media and all I see are "omgosh I LOVE ROWLET & LITTEN" and so on xDD I also see that people are comparing them to Black&White starters, like how everyone dissed Oshawott and its all about Snivy & Tepig. Seriously, I can go on all day about it but I'm not a part of that group. More like "ah okay cool, Imma choose this cuz I like it or it looks cute" to myself or close friends.

Anywho when I saw them, I thought they're pretty cute. Rowlet is a cute quill and I REALLY adore his Japanese name: Mokuroh <3 but I can kinda see thats the "number 1" choice starter and 2nd one would be Litten, the fire kitty. Personally, I love big cats and I always chose Fire starters (Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, & Fennekin) Chimchar and Tepig, not so much so I chose Piplup & Snivy/Oshawott. Lastly, there's Popplio, the sea lion Pokemon. I also like sea lions personally but the design that resembles cirrus theme is bleh D;

I think the only apparently good outcome of this (for me) is the Sun&Moon legendary; the Sun Legendary that resembles a White Lion is absolutely gorgeous <3 sadly I'm team Moon >3>; The galaxy night bat looks really nice and it was hard for me to re-decide. In the end, I think I may end up getting both copies (I used to collect both versions back then but now its nah cuz I wanna save money & can always trade with the other version lol) but this.. ahh I kinda want to have both. I'm hoping we'll see more details of these Pokemons and maybe it'll help me decide on ONE GAME. Anywho I'm probably going to choose Litten & Popplio. (For some reason I kinda pictured Rowlet's 3rd stage will end up looking like Noctowl and its so weird to have something similar like that as our Grass starter so Imma take a pass on him)

WondoRules!!!
05-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one who loves popplio

shakusky
06-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one who loves popplio

Yes. Yes you are.

WondoRules!!!
06-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Yes. Yes you are.

SpookyNanner
06-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Popplio will rise!! Just you wait!! His greatness is coming!! :)

WondoRules!!!
06-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Popplio will rise!! Just you wait!! His greatness is coming!! :)

YYYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!

Kam17
07-16-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm a Water Starter guy most of the time, so Popplio's my first Alola Pokemon just like Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Froakie before it.

Schwarze
11-08-2016, 10:53 PM
I can not properly put into words in any language I've ever learned how disappointed I am in that cat.
Lemme try.

Disappointed teleurgesteld zhgenjyer enttäuscht məyus razočaran decebut nasagmuyo zklamaný anakhumudwa shīwÃ*ng silmanghan diluduti wont skuffet pettunud pettynyt désappointé siomedig decepcionado apogoitevménos dÃ*omá vonbrigðum deluso gakkarishita confundentur diżappuntat rozczarowany razocharovannyy besviken P̄hidh̄wạng hayal kırıklığına uğramış

And the most important:

hoʻohiki