PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Trouble EV Training in Black?

Shiny Shinx~<3
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to EV train my Bold Wailmer (just hatched it) in Defense stat, but it's defense won't train.

I looked up the Pokemon that give out devense EVs, and the EV hotspots, but when I train her there, and beat the right pokemon, her Defense barely goes up at all (Example: When I battled a Sewaddle and got her up to level 7, her stats were HP-35 Attack-12 Defense-11 Sp.Attack-15 Sp.Defense-10 Speed-15). I never gave her any stat boosters like wings or anything either.

Am I doing something wrong? Or are those stats right? I'm really new to EV training, so if someone could help me, i'd appreciate it!

John Grimm
03-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Hello there Shiny Shinx, I'm John Grimm, you can call me John or Grimm, both suits me well.

About EV training, try buying an Hp Up(in the mall) and use it to your Wailmer.
If its Hp Up went up, then there is no problem, probably needs to battle more Sewaddle(try battling Durant for easy EV training for defense)
If it didn't, then I don't know.

Well, good luck!

Gengar2325
03-11-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey don't sweat it u won't see the EV training results until later on like when ur leveling ur warlord around lvl 50. Ull see the defense state go +4 or +5 while the other stats are getting +1 or +0. By the ur post it sounds like ur training it right just be patient. Beside wailmer has a very poor def stat to begin with. It is a base 35 while all the other stats r like base 70

Shiny Shinx~<3
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Okay, thank you both so much~! :D