PDA

View Full Version : What are some of your Shiny Encounter stories?

EnderpearlGurl13
10-09-2016, 01:47 AM
I just caught a shiny Luxio after three encounters in the Friend Safari and now I'm curious about everyone else's shiny stories. Did you ever lose a shiny because it used Roar or you knocked it out by mistake? What was your first shiny encounter? Was the encounter random, or were you hunting for it? Go ahead and tell your tales below! (My first shiny was a Poliwhirl that I randomly encountered while fishing for a Dragonair)

Inari
10-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I've killed two shinies... but um they were a Shuppet and a Wingull and I was just tired of running into them. Think I have two shiny Shuppet fromand I had 3 shiny Wingull but traded one off. Horde shinies are just so easy to get imo. I've been shiny hunting since Black and White came out but my first shiny Pokemon was a Paras in HeartGold lol.

Mimispider
10-09-2016, 11:47 AM
on HG/SS i didnt know what a shiny pokemon was, so i thought that the shiny gyarados was paranormal so i killed it. when someone told me it was shiny, i tried to go back, but i had already saved my game after killing it.

BUT, i did find a shiny clamperl in oras and now its a shiny huntail

TheJirachiLover
10-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Well,I'm currently a noob but the only shiny I caught myself is Kirlia.I wanted a HA Squritle so I decided to get a pokemon that has the trace ability.So I look up on and saw Kirlia could have the trace ability, so I went to a Grass Friend Safari.The first encounter (random ) there ,I got the Shiny Kirlia.It wasn't exactly want I wanted (It didn't had the trace ability) but it was still good.It's also male so I can choose between:cool: 2 shiny evolutions.

UltraSound
10-09-2016, 02:17 PM
I was trying to breed for a certain nature, gender and IV's on an Absol, got tired after not getting it after hours upon hours of breeding, but I decided to cycle the remaining eggs open so they won't be just lying in my box forever.
The last egg.
The nature I wanted.
The gender I wanted.
The IV's I wanted.
A shiny.
I wasn't even breeding for a shiny one.
His name is Harry.

I like fire 14
10-17-2016, 10:48 PM
The earliest shiny iremember getting was a skorupi on Diamond. I was always lucky with shinies and i caught just over half a box on diamond alone when i never even looked for them, and i dont think ive ever failed at catching one. Now my most recent one was a wurmple in Ruby which i evolved into a dustox.

StarCaught
10-19-2016, 01:48 AM
today i got a horde encounter and i thought "if there isnt a shiny in this one im gonna be pissed" and right smack dab in the middle of the horse was a shiny spidna.

Theory_of_Everything
10-26-2016, 05:48 PM
One of my shiny stories is how I got my Shiny Lvl. 100 Giritina (sorry if it is misspelled) anyway I got a Lvl. 100 Quasire
from a wonder trade and a few weeks later I traded with a guy (?!?!?!?!) or person and I broght up my Quagsire and traded It fro a Lvl. 100 sceptie then I traded that for my Giritina!!!!!