PDA

View Full Version : Can someone teach and help me clone?

giratinaboy991
12-11-2016, 05:11 AM
Ive barely ever cloned so i need help

Inari
12-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Well in Gen 7 there's currently no legitimate way to clone a Pokemon, so any mon that does get cloned would be considered hacked as it would be cloned with an outside device (like powersaves etc). Just thought I'd let you know just in case I guess.

UltraSound
12-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Well in Gen 7 there's currently no legitimate way to clone a Pokemon, so any mon that does get cloned would be considered hacked as it would be cloned with an outside device (like powersaves etc). Just thought I'd let you know just in case I guess.

And to add to this, the technique used in cloning has become pretty much near impossible to do in this gen without an actual third party device. You'll find that actually creating that pokémon again be it through breeding or catching is way faster than trying to use the copy glitch.
TL;DR the way the copying used to work was by disconnecting during a trade at a very specific time, but that time has been made more and more shorter as games have come out and now that the 7th gen introduced "cool downs" after getting errors (you get errors if you disconnect even by accident or close the game during a trade) so the process of trying and retrying would take you much longer than actually breeding yourself a "copy" of whatever you're trying to do.